PDA

View Full Version : Harbor Freeight Sand Blaster Question.

tjcezar
02-17-2008, 04:02 PM
Does anyone have the 40lb harbor freight sand blaster they sell. I am having trouble with the one I just bought and was wondering if there were any tricks to this thing working properly. It seems as if when I get down to the end of the sand is when it starts blowing real hard and working right but before that it just blows out too much material and not alot of pressure. I wasn't able to use the nozzles they provided either as they clog immediately. Any Help?

sawman65
02-18-2008, 07:29 AM
sounds like the sand you are using is to course.try a finer grit. i got one a few years ago they dont do well.

tjcezar
02-18-2008, 08:49 AM
This thing works great sometimes but not all the time. Maybe it is the sand. I just hate to buy finer sand for like $20 bag!

Jason Rose
02-18-2008, 09:58 AM
If you aren't using "sand blasting sand" or whatever the specific name it on the bag, it's not going to work right, or at all. I may assume you are using "play sand" in a bag, which is just fine masons sand... The sand has to be as dry as possible to work too. Even if you have good sand (blasting sand) it still needs to be dry.

tjcezar
02-18-2008, 10:00 AM
Jason,
Do you have one of these? Just wondering if yours works good. thanks

Jason Rose
02-18-2008, 11:12 AM
No, sorry i don't have one. But I had done soem asking around about sandblasters about a month ago and was given some of those tips to make them work the best... Thought i'd throw them out there and see if any of it helped.

tjcezar
02-18-2008, 02:50 PM
thanks for the help:)

BZB_Helpers
02-18-2008, 02:55 PM
I have the HF 20lbs blaster. I use play sand with 1/8" nozzles. I added a water seperator right on the blaster cause I kept getting clogs. Works good.