PDA

View Full Version : leaves-be careful!!!!

bobbygedd
11-07-2001, 12:48 AM
guys and ladies, just a reminder to be careful about parking your truck on or too close to leaves. one town where i work, we leave the leaves at the curb. well, junior decided to park his brand new car right on the pile of nice dry crispy leaves, now all that remains of the leaves, and the car, is a pile of ashes. no one was hurt. be careful!!!!!

cos
11-07-2001, 01:08 AM
I would watch also drving on them. Guess who plays in them? KIDS. A UPS driver I know drove up to a stop and didn't drive into the leaves yet. Stopped, delivered, cam out and saw a kid arise from the pile. That little kids lucky day. Be careful.

vipermanz
11-07-2001, 02:05 AM
i've lost pints of blood and parts of my bikes ridin on or around them , so that's why i do not like leaves

MOW ED
11-07-2001, 06:09 AM
We had one last season where Junior (15 years old) took daddys car out for a joy ride (without permission). The boys were having a blast running at mach speed thru all of the sidestreets over all the leaf piles. I imagine they were having great fun until the flames started shooting out from underneath.
When our engine got there it was rollin pretty good and after it was out we saw that he wasn't even riding on the front tire for the last 100 yards as the leafs were packed so tight under the front end and engine compartment.

Job security.:D

I'm glad no one was hurt in your incident bobby.

Fine Lines Lawn
11-07-2001, 06:12 AM
They hide a lot of blade booby traps, as well.

HOMER
11-07-2001, 06:25 AM
Another reason why mulching is better!

Atlantic Lawn
11-07-2001, 07:07 AM
I remember a guy when I was young, he got tired of kids driving cars through his curbside leaf piles.He placed cinderblocks on end inside of the piles, and then, later on that evening. Guess what .......it worked.I'm not recomending this it's just one of those things that comes to mind.

MATTHEW
11-08-2001, 09:28 PM
Last week I was at the dumpsite. It's an unattended FREE site where the Company grinds the debris and uses the mulch for their customers. Well, they had the grinder there being worked on because it broke down. It was surrounded by mounds of dry leaves. Well, this old guy from the city backs in with a big dump full, gets too close, and the exhaust starts a FIRE! So here I am out in the middle of this dumpsite this guy gets out and just stands there. His mud flaps are in flames. There are about 3 fires going now and this $45,000 machine is about to go up in smoke. So I get out and start smacking the fires with a rake (my extinguisher was empty) I put it out and went on my way. The other guy didn't even say thanks for me saving his truck.