PDA

View Full Version : Better mole trap

Jet boater
11-07-2001, 01:54 PM
Something an business aquaintance rigged up. Looks like some high explosives or blasting caps wired to the hair trigger on the bottom of the mole trap. Mole trap springs, releasing the white microswitch on the trap, thus exploding the charges. I think he put the charges on each side of the trap in the ground.

In his words..."I'm on my way to the patent office with this baby !!!"

I'm gonna have to try this. ;-)

The rig = MoleTrap1.jpg

The results = MoleHoleII.jpg
dead mole at top of hole. Charges were a little on the strong side, but the trap was still serviceable.

Jet boater
11-07-2001, 01:57 PM
Here's the other pix

bubble boy
11-07-2001, 02:15 PM
effective, but necessary?

Jet boater
11-07-2001, 02:15 PM
I forgot to add....

anyone that take's this seriously will need to lighten up.

just good testosterone fed fun at the moles expense.

bubble boy
11-07-2001, 02:32 PM
revenge of the moles!:D

reminds me of a story. couple years back, was blowing in an area where the edge of a newly sodded lawn met a field. tons of moles, all were flying 10, 15 feet from the force of the blower.(echo PB650 for those who are keeping track of the strongest blower threads). after being blown the moles usually would take off in the other direction. until i started to blow this one mole. he flew maybe 5 feet at first. then he straightened up, and began to slowly walk towards the blowing air. i was standing at the edge of the new sod, and i knew he was trying to get under the cover of the grass. well he made it. took him a while, maybe 20 sec. as he was fighting air with each step. i had the blower right in his face at the end, maybe10 inches away. when he got to under 10 inches i took off.

i know what the force of the blower feels like on my face at a foot away. i don't wanna meet the mole who can sustain such forces.

fireball
11-07-2001, 06:33 PM
was the mole hurt in the making of this picture. You need a disclaimer

lawn jockey
11-07-2001, 07:08 PM
:p Sweet Thats an AWESOME idea I HATE THE MOLES!!!!! Tell him to make a larger version for the military It would work Great for ole van laden

JJ Lawn
11-07-2001, 07:09 PM
Anyone that takes pleasure in the killing and mutilation of small animals in this manor is a very sick individual in my opinion.

Jim

Disclaimer: Killing them humanly for destroying property is one thing, but this is uncalled for and not funny.

lawn jockey
11-07-2001, 07:21 PM
:confused: Ok Jim are we saying that a trap that spears them is more humane than blowing them up? I think I would rather be blown up than be speared laying there waiting in pain to die!

JOshua Gallerick
11-07-2001, 07:30 PM
kinda looks like something off of caddyshack just need some c4

JJ Lawn
11-07-2001, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by lawn jockey
:confused: Ok Jim are we saying that a trap that spears them is more humane than blowing them up? I think I would rather be blown up than be speared laying there waiting in pain to die!

Blowing up an animal goes way beyond killing humanely. This is killing for fun. This is being sadistic.

And to tell you the truth, as big as a nuisance moles can be, they are actually beneficial to the ground. And there are better ways to eliminate them if need be.

Jim

Disclaimer: Moles, are God's creation also.

summitgroundskeeping
11-07-2001, 11:55 PM
I use my kitty cats. Only problem is they gut the moles between my 1958 Chevy Impala and at the bottom of the steps in my garage that led into my house.
:cry:

Dix
11-08-2001, 12:57 AM
JJ - Get a life! Dead is dead nomatter how you get there. In nature animals capture each other & one starts eating the other even befor it is dead. Is that more humane? Mother nature can be a mean *****!
Dix

geogunn
11-08-2001, 01:04 AM
jet boater. in the first pic I say one of those food bag sealers. is it yours? how do you like it? and how well does it work?

thanks

GEO

oh BTW I would enjoy blasting moles but I still got all my fingers!

GEO

Jet boater
11-08-2001, 08:03 AM
No, it's not mine. I don' t know where the pixs were taken. A business aquaintance E-mailed them to me who lives a few hundred miles away.

JJ Lawn
11-08-2001, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Dix
JJ - Get a life! Dead is dead nomatter how you get there. In nature animals capture each other & one starts eating the other even befor it is dead. Is that more humane? Mother nature can be a mean *****!
Dix

Because I don't go around blowing up defenseless critters, I need to get a life? Because I don't like to see animals treated in this fashion, I need to get a life?

I think I have one.....

Jim

Disclaimer: What happens in nature is supposed to, what man does sometimes is upset the balance and that can be worse than being a *****.

Double D
11-08-2001, 02:09 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry:

geogunn
11-08-2001, 02:32 PM
jjlawn--jim, I really am not trying to start something but I want to ask if you would set a trap for a rat?

GEO

JJ Lawn
11-08-2001, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by geogunn
jjlawn--jim, I really am not trying to start something but I want to ask if you would set a trap for a rat?

GEO

Geo,

There is a big difference in setting a trap for an animal, (which by the way most society accepts as valid way of doing away with varmints) and blowing them up just for the fun of killing them. And IMO, that is what the trap that started this mess is being used for.

Jim

Disclaimer: Yes I have set and killed rats with a trap, but I have never killed any animal just for the fun of killing them.

JJ Lawn
11-08-2001, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Double D
:cry: :cry: :cry:

KMA

Jim

Disclaimer: none needed

rixtag
11-08-2001, 07:53 PM
Are mole traps more "commercial lawn care" related than "spreaders", or are they (moles) considered a Pest ( as in PESTicide)?
I am just curious as to how this post remains in this forum but the thread about spreaders get relocated to the PESTicide and fertilizer forum?

Moderator?

Rick

Barkleymut
11-10-2001, 05:42 AM
Quote from JJ- Disclaimer: Moles, are God's creation also.

So are Yellow Jackets, Horseflies, and gnats but I take every chance I can to kill them!

geogunn
11-10-2001, 08:55 PM
jj--your position is understood and appreciated.

good luck.

GEO