PDA

View Full Version : GIE Show - Tampa, FL - Gravely WB Free

Eng Mwr Guy
11-07-2001, 05:51 PM
Come one come all.

Check all manufacturer's equipment at the GIE show.

Gravely will be giving away a 17HP 48Inch floating deck hydro walk at this show.

If you need a new hydro you may want to demo one at the show and submit your name for the free machine.

Barry
Gravely Guy

PS
Hope to see you there.

65hoss
11-07-2001, 07:23 PM
Hey Barry, can you put my name in the hat for me? Little far to drive but I'll be more than happy to come pick it up. :D

MOW ED
11-07-2001, 07:30 PM
Do I have experience on that machine?:D

If so I'll put my name in before you leave. Mayby I'll jump into the trailer before you go.

Wish I could make it. That is a tough mower.

Ric
11-07-2001, 09:07 PM
Barry

You forgot to post the date and place.

Eric ELM
11-07-2001, 09:11 PM
I think it is this coming weekend. Correct me if I'm wrong.

lawrence stone
11-07-2001, 09:28 PM
When will these brain dead folks who put these shows on get a clue?

If they would move the date to the weekend after Thanksgiving they would have much better attendance due to the fact that most of the Northern contractors would be done with leaf season and b/4 snow plowing season.

The Monday thru Thursday after Thanksgiving would not work since Monday is the first day on buck season in Penna. One must remember that there is more hunting licenses sold in PA than ANY other state. People come from all over to pay to control those large rats from colliding with my 1981 Chrysler.

trimmer
11-07-2001, 09:30 PM
The GIE Trade Show is November 10-13.
Saturday the 10 is just conventions, Sunday the 11 from noon to three is equipment field day, they will meet at the convention center and bus people to the Fair grounds. The 12-13 from eight to three is the trade show.
I had pre-registered for free but am now not going. I thought that were having the trade show all four days. You can still register at the gate for fifteen dollars. Registration begins at 7:30.

Eng Mwr Guy
11-08-2001, 10:33 AM
http://www.gieonline.com/

For more information.

FWIW, I agree this particular week isn't the best.

Barry

Eng Mwr Guy
11-08-2001, 10:39 AM
Ed

Yes, it is similar to the one you demo'ed/tested.

We did increase the BTS more though.

Barry
Gravely Guy

mowerman90
11-08-2001, 05:29 PM
I'm gonna be at the Field Day to check out all the new stuff. How many other lawnsite members are gonna be there? Maybe we can meet somewhere.

GroundKprs
11-08-2001, 07:00 PM
The usual schedule for the GIE is to start on the Saturday 12 days before Thanksgiving. Those are about the last dates to have such a show, in order not to conflict with holidays and the many state trade events during Dec - Mar every year. The show roves around, generally east of the Mississippi, but did go to Ft. Worth a few years ago. I think now they will not go further west than St. Louis.

The GIE is THE BEST trade show of any year. It is the annual national conference for <a href="http://www.pgms.org/">PGMS</a> (Professional Grounds Management Society), <a href="http://www.plcaa.org/">PLCAA</a> (Professional Lawn Care Assn of America), and <a href="http://www.alca.org/">ALCA</a> (Associated Landscape Contractors of America). You register with one organization, but can attend any of the seminars by all groups. There are sometimes 10 - 12 topics to choose from at any given session time.

With all segments of the green industry represented like this, manufacturers put on the biggest trade show of the year for the end user. Not as much representation as Expo in Louisville in July, but that is mainly a dealer show. At the GIE everyone is an end user, and manufacturers and reps are there to discuss your exact circumstances.

This is the first time in ten years that I will not make the show; already took 3 long trips for family functions this year. I always learn a lot at the GIE, and the best part is networking. When you are talking to someone whose business is 500 or 2500 miles away from you, there is no hesitation in discussing any details of the business.

Flex-Deck
11-08-2001, 10:04 PM
How big is this show - How would It compare to Louisville - I am only asking because maybe next year it would be a place to be!

ron
11-09-2001, 12:11 AM
If I have to push pull or drag my broken a?? I will be there also to check oout the new goods...Looking towards the new Walkers........

jman00
11-09-2001, 12:43 AM
i have never been to this show but it sounds like it would be a great place to learn. For those that have been before, is it worth going to the field day. Its only a 2 hr drive so i am not planning on staying over night. Also do they sell stuff at this show, and is it discounted or just normal prices. I am just curious.

GroundKprs
11-09-2001, 11:45 AM
Flex-
Size of show does not come near Loiusville, in actual number of exhibits or attendees. It is the quality of the show and spectrum of attendees that stands out.

jman-
Field day is good if you want to compare equipment and see what is new in the field. I liked it better when the field day was at the end of the show, so you could gather info inside at trade show, and then demo outdoors what you were interested in.
Some mfrs and distributors do have special prices. May get discount on large mowing equip, but have to take delivery from local dealer. Some others will take orders at discount for later shipping. As a one-on-one possibility, the machines at these shows are usually considered used, even if they are never fueled and just pushed out on the trade show floor. If they are not destined to be at another trade show, sometimes a mfr will sell the floor display to be taken on last day of show. Saves them having to transport back home and dispose of later.

mowingmachine
11-16-2001, 10:48 AM
Flex Deck,
About half the size of Louisville. There weren't all that many people either. I would say maybe 1/4 of the number of people that attend the EXPO. The people that were there though seemed to be more serious. I kind of expected to see you there. Many of the other manufacturers were there. It was a long drive down and overall I think it was worth it. Next year it will be closer for us. It will be in Nashville. I think this year having it down in Tampa pulled in many people that would not normally go to Louisville so it did provide some new exposure.

Mowingmachine

Eng Mwr Guy
11-16-2001, 10:54 AM
FLEX-DECK

For you, it is probably the place to be for commercial application of your product.

If you book now for next year it is 60% (approx) off the normal price.

Barry