PDA

View Full Version : Advice on Keeping Clean Equipment Inside Enclosed Trailers!

AABHRLC
02-18-2008, 01:19 PM
I was wondering if anyone had any advice for me on how to keep some of my equipment clean inside my enclosed trailer. My mowers seem to bring in dust that wants to stay in my trailer. I clean it regularly but my weed eaters, long shaft trimmers/saws and hedge trimmers collect the dust on the outside of the engines. Which cause me to clean them twice as much as before with my open trailer. Are there insulated drawstrings bags out there for the engine heads or something along those lines? Do you guys have any ideas?

BUCKEYE MOWING
02-18-2008, 01:21 PM
We blow off the equipment at each stop before reloading ....and blow the trailer out a few times during each day.

Landrus2
02-18-2008, 01:21 PM
The only advice I can give you is clean your equipment before enters the trailer.

AABHRLC
02-18-2008, 09:07 PM
We do blow off the equip on a every other job basis, unless it's dusty then we definitely do it every job. As far as the blowing out the trailer we do that as well but doing that still leaves dust lingering to fall later. Lately we have been using the push broom rather than the blowers. I've been using my open trailer for debris lately not even using any equip. in my enclosed and thats when I really noticed how much the dust had settled not using the trailer on a daily basis. Thanks for the advice, I will try blowing off after every job and hopefully see a difference.