PDA

View Full Version : Tire HELP...

MnDLawn
02-20-2008, 11:18 AM
I am trying to get front tires on an eXmark Metro walk behind. For the life of me I cant get the tire on the rim, and the dealer says he can try but no guarantee. Any tips?

Valk
02-20-2008, 12:08 PM
I've heard they're a bear to deal with. Try the dealer or call a tire shop or two to see if they can assist...but tell them the tire/wheel size upfront. Good luck!

topsites
02-20-2008, 12:44 PM
Dude, doesn't the rim itself come apart?

There should be four 1/2" bolts holding the two halves together...
Might be 7 or 9 / 16th's too, but I think they're 1/2"
There might be a nut on the other side, but go check it out, I bet it comes apart.

And your dealer's a funny guy, but if I had bought the WB from him I'm not so sure I could appreciate the humor.

Unless, of course, I am wrong heh

MnDLawn
02-20-2008, 03:23 PM
It is an older metro and the rim is a one piece design unlike the newer ones. I took it down to my buddies shop and we got them on, it took forever and two bloody fingers, but their on!

cantoo
02-20-2008, 07:34 PM
I might have priced complete new ones if I was having a big problem. I've done a couple and it just ain't worth it sometimes. Zero flats and done.

Breezmister
02-20-2008, 08:41 PM
I am trying to get front tires on an eXmark Metro walk behind. For the life of me I cant get the tire on the rim, and the dealer says he can try but no guarantee. Any tips?

One of these would help, great for all the small tires I've ever encountered...

http://www.wikco.com/tire.html

madmower
02-22-2008, 01:21 PM
we have a different tyre changer for small tyres. which works a treat not shore if available in the usa i got mine from a atv dealer here in the uk

Jason Rose
02-22-2008, 02:18 PM
The one pictured above is availabe thru Harbor Freight! I'm looking to get one of those and one of the other size changers they sell. The one for the small wheels, like front casters that only have a center hole it $40 I think, and you can get the other model for bolt on rims for $30 to $40.

The link Breezmister gave hade a great idea on it. Adding a 2" sq. tube to the side of the tire changer and using your receiver hitch on the truck to steady it! That was the reason I didn't buy one yet, because I don't have any available floor space to mount the thing, and they DO need to be anchored well to use them.