PDA

View Full Version : Echo PB400E blower

Big Valley Mower
02-21-2008, 06:47 PM
I've got an Echo PB400E blower. Looks good. It will fire and run for a few seconds on the fuel I poor down the spark plug hole. Thought the carb. was bad so I replaced it with a new carb. Still wont start without putting gas in the spark plug hole. I put new fuel lines on and new fuel filter in the tank. Still nothing. No gas is getting to the carb. (either one, new or old). I pulled fuel supply line to carb. and sucked slowly to see if fuel will travel up the fuel line and it does with very little effort. So I guess I don't have any crankcase vacuum. What's the fix for this? Thanks in advance for any help you can throw my way.

Jeff

Landrus2
02-21-2008, 07:20 PM
What your blower has is a bad cold. full of miucas. So give it some Tylenol and in the morning it will be fine.
Ok lets stop kidding your carburetor is clogged. open it with caution, so you donít damage any gaskets or seals. and you going to find some dirt in side clean and blow all holes reassemble and watch the difference.:waving:

MowerMedic77
02-22-2008, 07:35 AM
Did you also replace the pulse line that runs from the front of the carb to a fitting on the side of the lower case of the engine. This port is what act as the fuel pump for this blower, if cracked or clogged then it will not pull its own fuel.

Big Valley Mower
02-22-2008, 11:51 AM
Yes, I replaced the line from the lower engine case to the carb. I'm guessing I dont have any crankcase vacuum. What do I need to do to increase crankcase vacuum ? Some sort of engine block seal or gasket must be dried out or cracked right ? This blower has been sitting for years but is in real nice condition. THANKS

Jeff

MowerMedic77
02-22-2008, 12:03 PM
Pull the recoil and check behind the starter pawl and see if it has pushed out the crank seal, you should also check the seal on the other side behind the blower fan and flywheel, but requires more work to get to.

Big Valley Mower
02-22-2008, 12:19 PM
Thanks Mower Medic, I'll try that next.