PDA

View Full Version : Exmark Lazer Z Wheel motor leaking

kayeproperties
02-21-2008, 10:01 PM
I have an older Lazer Z Exmark that has the left wheel motor leaking and getting worse. Its not the lines or fittings. It works fine and is strong but leaks fluid. Mobile1 is expensive so it needs to be addressed! It seems worse just sitting overnight but I cant say that it does. Is it an easy rebuild? I see the kids for seals in JThomas is it worth it or should I get a new one? Is there a better place for parts?
thanks

MowerMedic77
02-22-2008, 07:20 AM
I have an older Lazer Z Exmark that has the left wheel motor leaking and getting worse. Is it an easy rebuild? I see the kids for seals in JThomas is it worth it or should I get a new one? Is there a better place for parts?
thanks

You need to narrow down were the leak is coming from, is it the output shaft or around the body of the motor. If the output shaft has excess play then I would lean toward a new motor. Ease of rebuild will depend on you tools and mechanical ability. J-Thomas is a good site for the kit:)

kayeproperties
02-22-2008, 05:14 PM
I have ability and mechanical experience and removal looks easy. I think it is the body thats leaking. I shall remove the tire and run it on blocks after its cleaned up to find the exact leak spot.