PDA

View Full Version : House Washing Question

kubotafan
02-22-2008, 09:28 PM
I am not yet in the pressure washing business, but am trying to learn what I can before deciding whether to jump into the business. I am wondering what effect the soaps/detergents/chemicals have on flowers, shrubs and grass around the house. There are municipalities in our locality where they have banned the use of weed killers, etc. Is the same thing happening with pressure wash chemicals in different areas?

Happy Frog
02-22-2008, 09:47 PM
The proper house wash mix should not affect the flowers, shrubs and other plants as long as you make sure you spray water on them before and after using the mix.
There is the clean water act effective in most or all states which prevent you from letting the "used" water going into a storm drain and you may have local city ordinances as well.

kubotafan
02-22-2008, 10:23 PM
What is the proper procedure for dealing with the "used" water? Is there normally a lot of run off or does the ground around the house usually absorb it? If cleaning a driveway how do you control where does the "used" water goes?

Happy Frog
02-22-2008, 10:39 PM
I don't worry about it. The ground will absorb it and all my chemicals are biodegradable.
Just don't let used water hit the rain storm drain. You can contain it and let it evaporate or pump it in a tank but don't let it go in the rain sewer system.

kubotafan
02-26-2008, 07:52 PM
Happy Frog, from one of the other sites you recommended to people to contact Bob at PressureTek for info. I sent him an email but so far haven't heard from him. Where I am in Canada will he contact me of am I too far away from him? Maybe he doesn't think me as serious as I am. He is well recommend and I figured he would be a good one to put together a start up package. With our dollar keeping around par it should be as economical to buy from him as in Canada. I haven't seen anyone in Canada as highly recommended.

One question about washing a house. Do you start at the top and work down or do you wet it from the bottom uo and then work your way down? I would think the second, but read one place to start at the top. I thought if the bottom was wet it would keep the dirt from the top running off better.

After vinyl is washed will dirt and dust stick to it quicker?

Happy Frog
02-28-2008, 01:20 AM
Call Bob on the phone, he is the owner of Pressure Tek.
Basic House wash:
- Spray windows, surrounding grass, shrubs and plants with clear water.
- Spray (down-streaming) your mix on the house from bottom to top. If it's vinyl and you have enough hose, I would do two sides at a time (one corner). If it's brick with mold, I would do one side at a time.
- Let swell about 10 to 15 minutes (more for brick)
- Rinse with high flow/low pressure (800/1200 Psi) from top to bottom
- Spray again windows, surrounding grass, shrubs and plants with clear water

There is a little "secret" to make the windows and vinyl sparkle as well as some others to kill bugs and spiders or clean the strikes off the gutters.

Properly cleaned vinyl will not attract more dust, it will look like new. The problem comes from people using too much pressure and damaging (etching) the finish of the vinyl. It then get porous and get dirty easily.
PM me if you need more details.

kubotafan
02-28-2008, 10:38 PM
PM me if you need more details.

Happy Frog,

I couldn't find your email. How can I PM you?

Barry M
03-07-2008, 01:28 PM
Bob at Pressure Tek is the man!

Happy Frog
03-07-2008, 09:00 PM
Happy Frog,

I couldn't find your email. How can I PM you?

Click on my name handle and select PM in the menu

kubotafan
03-08-2008, 04:29 PM
Click on my name handle and select PM in the menu

I click on your name handle but don't see the menu. It doesn't give any contact information that I can see. Perhaps I am missing something???

Happy Frog
03-09-2008, 01:36 PM
I click on your name handle but don't see the menu. It doesn't give any contact information that I can see. Perhaps I am missing something???

Check your PM, I sent you one...

Don M.
03-20-2008, 02:49 PM
You cant beat Bob's customer service.