PDA

View Full Version : 1994 Ford F250 Running problem

J&R Landscaping
02-23-2008, 03:34 PM
My 94 F250 (5.8L, C-6 auto 4x4) has been started running Eratic again. I was comming home earlier today runing about 65 mph on the highway. My check engine light came on, stayed on for about 10 seconds then went out. 20 seconds later, it came back on again. It did this cycle 4-5 times.

Truck was running ok, all gauges good, no smells or smoke or noise. When I got off and sitting at the off ramp waiting for the light, It was holding between 1100-1500 rpms. As the rpms, tired to drop, the volt gauge when down and then jumped back up. The rpms, jumped back up and the truck would not return to normal idle speed.

Sometimes, when I woulld get off the gas, the rpms would stay the same as if cruise control was on. The truck is an xl trim and DOES Not have cruise.

Brought it home, Checked all the fluids and everything was good. Oil, ok. Tranny fluid ok and not burnt to the smell. Coolant ok.

Truck had the same problem back in July. I had the check engine light scanned but it didnt throw any codes out. The truck did the same thing for 3 days or so then that was it. It was fine till the end of October when it started running a bit rough again. I bought a newer truck since so this don't get driven as much but I do use it a few times a week as more of a personal truck.

Truck has 101k on it and has had the following done recently.
November 06 new plugs, cap and rotor and Air filter.
Feb 07 All new freeze plugs, coolant flush and new thermostat
June 07 New HD Alternator and serpentine belt
Jan 08 New Battery

I'm thinking it may be a dirty/bad PCV valve but I'm not sure. Any ideas or suggestions??

LawnsRUsInc.
02-23-2008, 05:43 PM
Let me look at our service records on monday we have many f-250's 91-present i will ask what it was i want to say it was the pcv valve.

J&R Landscaping
02-23-2008, 07:03 PM
I've also been thinking maybe a throttle position sensor.

I started it back up a few minutes ago and it ran to 1500 rpms from turn of the key. Its going to the shop on Monday where it was scanned before. They said if it shows the problem again, bring it back and they would check it again.

Anyone else have any ideas or advice??

J&R Landscaping
02-24-2008, 08:54 PM
Any one have any suggestions??

TXNSLighting
02-25-2008, 08:42 AM
Most likely a fueling issue. could be a sensor tho. definately doesnt sound major.

J&R Landscaping
02-26-2008, 12:24 PM
Turned out to be what I was thinking...throttle position sensor. Trucks is back up and going strong!

TXNSLighting
02-27-2008, 08:35 AM
good deal!