PDA

View Full Version : Pics from Yard Crashers on DIY Network

The Lighting Geek
02-24-2008, 12:19 AM
Here are some pics from a couple of episodes I have done. Remember the show is about DIY and so I made a 12volt chandelier out of colored vases. That was fun. Season I starts April 7, 'Nailed @ Nine' time slot on DIY Network

klkanders
02-24-2008, 12:34 AM
Very Cool Tommy! I will be looking forward to the episodes.

Lite4
02-24-2008, 12:41 AM
Way to go Geek Man, you are on a roll my brother. Hey where is my link for the books?

pete scalia
02-24-2008, 05:08 PM
Here are some pics from a couple of episodes I have done. Remember the show is about DIY ...

Why do you want to be on a DIY show? Has it brought you any work do you think? Obviously the exposure is great but are you exposing yourself to potential clients? Do you think that participating in a DIY show is encouraging this type of activity. Meaning homeowners installing landscape lighting systems on their own?
Just curious as to what the results have been.

The Lighting Geek
02-24-2008, 05:31 PM
I have no idea what will happen to be honest. I have alot of fun doing it and I am hoping it is a stepping stone to getting on HGTV where there is a different audience. It has been a learning experience about what goes into a show on either network.

I try to separate what should be done by a trained professional vs. doing it yourself. The rest up to the editor, I just hope I don't get left on the cutting room floor!:confused:

pete scalia
02-24-2008, 07:48 PM
I have no idea what will happen to be honest. I have alot of fun doing it and I am hoping it is a stepping stone to getting on HGTV where there is a different audience. It has been a learning experience about what goes into a show on either network.

I try to separate what should be done by a trained professional vs. doing it yourself. The rest up to the editor, I just hope I don't get left on the cutting room floor!:confused:

Thanks for the response. Will you tell us when it's on when you find out please.

The Lighting Geek
02-24-2008, 11:55 PM
Pete, the latest I heard is DIY Network (sister to HGTV) is that season 1 starts 4-07-08 Mondays 'Nailed @ nine' timeslot. It might be a different time where you are, but it is the prime time slot for Monday night. I am only on 2 (the last 2 filmed) of the first 13 episodes. They are already filming season 2 as we speak.

JoeyD
02-26-2008, 10:07 AM
Go get em Tommy!!

barefeetny
02-26-2008, 08:20 PM
congrats.... i hope they don't cut you off....

the quirkyier( i don't even know if thats a word) you are the more likely you will get some air time....

if you are completly Bat $#it crazy... they will give you your own show...

can't be bad advertising...

bluediamond
02-28-2008, 09:36 AM
good for you geek. We have also done some shows for the DIY network (ten things you must know) 3 shows to be exact. We got a few calls from people who saw the show and we were able to put their logo on our website and that also helps alot, but the experience was great. Hopefully a little spot on the rachael ray show soon will help us even better. Anyway good for you and keep up the good work.

Chris J
02-29-2008, 09:44 PM
good for you geek. We have also done some shows for the DIY network (ten things you must know) 3 shows to be exact. We got a few calls from people who saw the show and we were able to put their logo on our website and that also helps alot, but the experience was great. Hopefully a little spot on the rachael ray show soon will help us even better. Anyway good for you and keep up the good work.

Rachel Ray? Isn't she a food guru? What is she going to do for you, cook luch at an install?