PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone looked into buying U.S Lawns

Wrobel#1
02-24-2008, 06:48 PM
I will be moving out of New Jersey within 2 years. I will be closing my business in Nj this season. Has anyone heard anything about U.S Lawns.

Supper Grassy
02-24-2008, 09:21 PM
where you moving to?

Wrobel#1
02-24-2008, 09:22 PM
virginia newjersey is just too expensive for me. i'll never be able to afford anything nice in this state

Az Gardener
02-24-2008, 09:29 PM
Do a search, its been hashed out. The short version is... great for some bad for others.

Carolina Cuts
02-24-2008, 09:38 PM
The only thing I heard was that the US lawns in my area is NOT keeping a certain condo complex HOA Board happy... and that the board wants to cancel their contract and bring in the new crew maintaining the condo complex next door.

Me. :drinkup::cool2::waving:

Personally, I'm not a fan of buying into a franchise, especially one that is so easy to start up yourself ... such as a lawn service. The biz is hard enough, so why should some franchise starter/originator collect $$$ off of my hard work simply because they started a franchise.

Btw.... I agree. Use to live in South Jersey. The state isn't making it easy for people to live there. Tax this, tax that.... property tax is through the roof and for what? Trash pick up? NOW they're taxing people when the move outta state!!?!?! 2nd or 3rd highest insurance rates in the country? Raising tolls.... again? For what? To sit in bumper to bumper traffic EVERYWHERE you go? ACK! I liked AC, I liked Philly, occasionally NY.... but the state makes it hard to live there.

Wrobel#1
02-24-2008, 10:29 PM
hey so how do you like carolina

psychodoe
02-25-2008, 03:18 PM
US Lawns is the birth child of Valleycrest. Its another way for them to try and corner the market. Valleycrest did so before under the names Valleycrest, ECI, Arborcare. Dont know what kind of support you would get since you would be in direct comp. with Valleycrest. Around here US Lawns does res. and very small com.

Carolina Cuts
02-25-2008, 05:15 PM
hmmmm.... it takes some gettin' use to. But over-all.... it's a-ok. Miss my buddies up in Jersey, and the Jersey shore... AC, Margate, Sea Isle...etc... but that's about it. I'll take the sweat from heat over the 'hurt' from cold anytime.
Myrtle Beach seems like 50%+ transplants anyway, mostly from North Jersey, Upstate NY... Ohio... West PA....
No one is goin' to Florida anymore... from what I hear. Not sure what's goin' on.

marine422
02-27-2008, 01:24 PM
Does take a while to get used to . Im here in Concord NC used to live in NY (about an hour out of the city) Just to expensive. You would be amazed at what you can get down here and the taxes, Just starting up lawn care biz myself, pay is low down here I guess due to cost of living. Good luck, any other questions just ask.

Atlantic Lawn
02-27-2008, 07:57 PM
North Carolina is a horrible place to live, everything costs way too much here and taxes keep goin' up and there is no work here and all the girls are really ugly and there is talk of outlawing beer again, all the grass is dying and gas is almost 4 bucks a gallon and we are running out of both water and toilet paper ! Sorry we're full.