PDA

View Full Version : Is there a need....

ken gustafson
02-24-2008, 08:05 PM
Just asking for input....your opinions....does anyone see or think that a need for trailer locks is in this industry? Ken

J&R Landscaping
02-24-2008, 08:53 PM
What kind of trailer locks? For an open or enclosed trailer?

I would say in either case YES. I have locks on my trimmer racks and they stay locked when not in use and loaded. I also have my trailer tongue locked with a masterlock on the hitch clamp part as well. Theft is a big problem in most area's.

TXNSLighting
02-25-2008, 08:42 AM
uh yeh??!!! of course!

JRS Landscaping
02-25-2008, 07:23 PM
i lock everything up

KS_Grasscutter
02-25-2008, 07:25 PM
Lets see... my trailer is sitting in my storage unit, with a hitch lock, and I think the trimmer rack is locked too. I have TWO locks on the door of the storage unit. So yea, I take locking things up pretty serious.

nobagger
02-25-2008, 07:42 PM
In these times with so many desperate people out there, I dont think you can ever be too safe. For all of the minute it takes to put a lock on everything I can sleep at night.

grassmanak
02-25-2008, 07:45 PM
i run lock on my enclosed inside and out, tounge, doors, and trimmer and blower racks. Its also in a locked storage unit

topsites
02-25-2008, 07:56 PM
It's only overkill until that first piece of equipment disappears, the sick of it is that it costs as much to secure it properly as it does to replace it, the only difference is with security I have some control over the cost.

I would highly advise it, we had one guy on here who a year or two ago got all his stuff stolen... Twice!
The first time alone could be enough to put an end to anyone's business.

lifetree
02-25-2008, 09:11 PM
Absolutely, everything on the trailer should be locked ... ridiculous question !!