PDA

View Full Version : two sugestions for the site

barefeetny
02-25-2008, 01:40 AM
There is at least a thread a day about how do i get commercial accounts...

none of the new guys understand the search feature?

i feel bad not trying to help them out

since mods can move entire threads... why not compile a sticky full of members answers to this question that were well thought out.. both pro and con and free up some wasted time...

do a seach on commercial bids and to find out specifics you have to dig through 5000 how do i threads?

install a kudos system...really there is some really talented people in landscape lighting, hardscaping, water features. and just about every catergory...

they take their time to help people out...... it would be great to give them an atta boy when they help someone out... allow only one vote per member per day so it dosn't become a popularity contest... plus it would be great to know who is respected/knowledgable enough to send a p-m to...

I spend a great deal of time on here... i probably have learned more on this site then the ten years i have been in the buisness.... i probably help about 25% and the rest of the time I'm learning diffrent approaches and biz plans..

there is a few people on here that teach/advise 95% of the time and maybe learn a new thing once in a blue moon...

just two thoughts.... figured i would throw them out...

Thanks for the hard work

Nate

Raven386
02-25-2008, 01:48 AM
even if it was a sticky... how many people would still just post their question. which isnt bad at all, a sticky would be helpful.

When i do help someone out, a simple thank you is enough and usually they are polite enough to provide that simple thank you. Im not looking for a "kudos" rank. I try my best to help out whoever asks whatever question, although i may not be right or have the best info. so i see you have XXXX kudos but i only have x. maybe my answer would be more relevent than yours, but that person would contact you not me. A sticky would be great, but people are still going to ask their questions regardless. but without them asking questions there wouldn't be a point for your kudos system. Just my .02

barefeetny
02-25-2008, 02:07 AM
Very well stated and i can see your points..

on suggestion 1 at least it would be easy to post look up stupid..... jk

Raven386
02-25-2008, 02:17 AM
I do think stickys are helpful, its just how many people really read them? If 80% of them do, then great! they will post a more informed question. if they dont, we will get the simple how much should i charge this condo post. I didnt mean to squash your ideas or anything. I do agree there are some people here who really help everyone out with their posts. I cannot speak for everyone but for me, when someone says thanks for the help it is rewarding, knowing I had helped that person. Thank you for your ideas! hopefully the mods will read this and get a sticky up there.

barefeetny
02-25-2008, 02:25 AM
i like a thank you too...

if i can save someone from the mistakes i learned the hard way... thats enough for me...

Raven386
02-25-2008, 02:28 AM
i like a thank you too...

if i can save someone from the mistakes i learned the hard way... thats enough for me...

well said....

Stillwater
02-25-2008, 11:28 AM
I kinda agree with you but, How about just ignoring posts that don't interest you or annoy you? no harm no foul.....