PDA

View Full Version : Review my service agreement

stevenf
02-25-2008, 02:06 AM
Starting to get calls about doorhangers so I decided to finish up on my service agreement. Tell me what you would change if anything.

Turf Trimmers
Steven ******
(***) ***-0158
Customer Name: ____________________
Billing Address: ____________¨¨¨¨_________

Service Agreement

Lawn service is to be provided on scheduled day from March 15th 2008 thru March 2009 for a total of 36 visits. In the event of faulty equipment or inclement weather the services provided will be scheduled for the next available day. Lawn service will include mowing all turf areas, trimming all turf areas inaccessible to mower with a line trimmer, edging all walkways and driveways, and blowing all resulting clippings with a power blower. The cost for this service will be $______ per week. This agreement shall commence on __________and continue thereafter as long as both parties are satisfied. Customers will be placed on a monthly billing cycle. All invoices will be mailed at the end of each month. If payment is not received by the due date, a 10% late fee will be charged for every 7 days that payment is late.

Notes to Service Agreement
Additional service may be provided as needed at customer request.

If you are not satisfied with the level of service you are being provided please notify Turf Trimmers immediately so that we can correct this in a timely manner. Turf Trimmers Landscape Management strives to complete work in a respectable manner each and every visit.

By signing below, you (the customer) are agreeing to the above terms

Date: _________ Signature: _______________

stevenf
02-25-2008, 02:11 AM
Should I put March 2009 or should I just put starting on March 15th 2008 with 36 yearly visits?

Chilehead
02-25-2008, 02:14 AM
Your "Notes to Service Agreement" should be reserved for a separate written warranty. Your SA is your contract, and needs to remain a lean legal document without all the extra advertising/warranty jargon. The simpler your contract, the more professional and less intimidating you shall be.

barefeetny
02-25-2008, 02:32 AM
In the event of faulty equipment or inclement weather the services provided will be scheduled for the next available day.

it reads good but i don't like the word day... if i were the customer and you didn't show up on monday.. i would expect you on tuesday...

change Day to Date in case you lose a mower or truck for more then a day or two..

TREEGUARD
02-25-2008, 07:56 AM
I agree with barefeet about that also 10% after every 7 days i think is a bit excessive i would love to get away with that but i was told by a judge when i took someone to court that my 3% after 30 days was illegal.

stevenf
02-25-2008, 12:22 PM
So its illigal to charge a late fee? I was planning on 10% if 7 days late but I was giving them 30 days to pay it.

stevenf
02-25-2008, 12:32 PM
Steven Fisher
(225) 975-0158

Service Agreement

Lawn service is to be provided from starting date listed below for a total of 36 yearly visits. In the event of faulty equipment or inclement weather the services provided will be scheduled for the next available date. Lawn service will include mowing all turf areas, trimming all turf areas inaccessible to mower with a line trimmer, edging all walkways and driveways, and blowing all resulting clippings with a power blower. The cost for this service will be $______ per week. This agreement shall commence on __________and continue thereafter as long as both parties are satisfied. Customers will be placed on a monthly billing cycle. All invoices will be mailed at the end of each month. If payment is not received by the due date, a 10% late fee will be charged for every 7 days that payment is late.

If you are not satisfied with the level of service you are being provided please notify Turf Trimmers immediately so that we can correct this in a timely manner. Turf Trimmers Landscape Management strives to complete work in a respectable manner each and every visit.

HOOLIE
02-25-2008, 12:51 PM
I would keep it simple, I used to say 'lawns are serviced weekly unless weather conditions dictate otherwise' This way you're covering yourself for rain delays. Once you start promising certain days of the week that's when customers start paying attention to what day it is.

GSPHUNTER
02-25-2008, 01:57 PM
What does it mean that the contract runs as long as "both parties are satisfied?" This just sounds vague. You might want to give it exact dates on the agreement, and set up some kind of provisions for what would terminate the contract i.e. buyout from the other party or something else.

RickR1818
02-25-2008, 03:25 PM
just a bit off topic, but what type of response have you had so far with your door hangers. I will be putting some out in a few weeks and I am curious about your response so far.

stevenf
02-25-2008, 04:25 PM
"As long as both parties are satisfied" Meaning that it is not a binding contract, just as agreement of my billing terms and what there getting billed for.
Should I include once a month visits for December, January and February? Or would one cleanup visit in January do the trick? Just trying to have some winter work without scaring off customers.

Doorhanger question: I have passed out 320ish of my 1,500 and I have received four calls for it. the first two didnt call back after estimate and Im giving the other two estimates later today.

d&rlawncare
02-25-2008, 04:39 PM
Starting to get calls about doorhangers so I decided to finish up on my service agreement. Tell me what you would change if anything.

Turf Trimmers
Steven ******
(***) ***-0158

Service Agreement

Lawn service is to be provided on scheduled day from March 15th 2008 thru March 2009 for a total of 36 visits. In the event of faulty equipment or inclement weather the services provided will be scheduled for the next available day. Lawn service will include mowing all turf areas, trimming all turf areas inaccessible to mower with a line trimmer, edging all walkways and driveways, and blowing all resulting clippings with a power blower. The cost for this service will be $______ per week. This agreement shall commence on __________and continue thereafter as long as both parties are satisfied. Customers will be placed on a monthly billing cycle. All invoices will be mailed at the end of each month. If payment is not received by the due date, a 10% late fee will be charged for every 7 days that payment is late.

Faulty equipment? That just dont look good. Just put in the event that we cannot be there due to weather or unforseen circumstances you will be scheduled the next day.

Also I would give the payment late fess and options on a seperate sheet like someone else said. Start off with prepay for the year @ 10% off entire season. Prepay monthly @ 5% off monthly invoice or due within 15 days for $_____per month/cut. Then at the bottom list the late fees etc. Have them choose an option that best suits them. We all hate chasing money so ots best to get upfront.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
02-25-2008, 04:51 PM
I agree with d&r, the 'faulty equipment' clause does not look good in a contract. Equipment problems are your problems and service should not be affected by that. Weather, on the other hand, is uncontrollable and hence a clause is needed.

I also don't know that I would number your visits in the agreement. Weather will dictate your visits - leave this open ended instead. Also, I like to have more liberty in my mowing schedule than strictly once per week - I want to be in control of making my customer's lawn look nice. As such, you may want to include a clause that gives you the leeway to mow more than once weekly if growing conditions are superb. This will enable you to set the expectation to the customer that you are taking care of them and if the grass is growing like wildfire you will not let it get out of control just to stick to a weekly schedule. Accordingly, you would also have to have a statement about dry weather and skipping weeks if necessary, no bill for those weeks of course.

stevenf
02-25-2008, 05:04 PM
Around here, It is hard enough to find weekly customers much less someone who will allow cuts more often then weekly.
Knowing that, Would you mention the yearly visits? If not, Listing weekly dates, bi-weekly dates, and winter dates is just to much listed on the agreement IMO.

???

DA Quality Lawn & YS
02-26-2008, 02:04 AM
stevenf - you make a good point about the dynamics of the customers in your area.
My point about not restricting yourself to a certain number of visits per year is that YOU have the control over making your customers lawn look nice. Typically, this is a weekly only visit, but may be bi-weekly (dry weather), or 5 day spread (growing like heck). Once a customer signs my agreement, and verbalizes a best day/time for me to service their property, I don't interact with them much besides saying hi with a smile or if a schedule change is needed.
Also - I would not mention the number of yearly visits in the contract. Give a rough start date and cut weekly (with variances per weather) until the lawn goes dormant. Make sure you communicate with your customers and let them know what is up, and you should not get much resistance.

cgaengineer
02-26-2008, 07:26 AM
I agree with barefeet about that also 10% after every 7 days i think is a bit excessive i would love to get away with that but i was told by a judge when i took someone to court that my 3% after 30 days was illegal.

I think you are right TREEGUARD, 2% is the limit on late fees around here.