View Full Version : Tool Time for WB's
Just guessing there are a few of us getting our first WB's soon...I'm currently waiting for my Quickie 32.
I've got basic mechanic's tools/skills and have performed nearly all the maintenance on my Toro 21 SRs - which, of course, are very easy to work on.
From you experienced LCOs with WBs/BOP's...what additional tools/skills will make life a lot easier maintenance-wise?
02-25-2008, 12:20 PM
Dont think I have ever needed any special tools for any maintenance or repairs on my lesco wb. I have done brake bands on it, belts,fuel pump. I have a compressor so we have a impact gun but thats pretty much the only thing we have. A nice grease gun would be of help.
02-25-2008, 02:27 PM
Grease gun is the only thing I needed to pick up that I did not already have.
02-25-2008, 03:00 PM
the grease gun is your freind... a small impact.... a air chuck for filling tires...
walkbehinds attract nails and screws like flowers attract bees.
besides that i can take my whole machine apart with basic hand tools..
needle nose pliers are awful handy though...
02-25-2008, 03:09 PM
I jackstand for propping up the mower when you are removing the blades. You may also want to find a couple different sized blocks of wood to jam blade from turning when removing/replacing blades.
02-25-2008, 05:14 PM
Just some basic stuff really, but this is the list of stuff I use weekly.
1. A mower jack of some sort, I use a Jungle Jack. 2 cheap Jack stands.
2. Impact wrench, (cordless is cool) for rapid, easy blade removal.
3. Bench grinder or some kind of grinder for sharpening blades
3. Torque wrench for installing blades
Greasing and oil change:
1. Grease gun. I have a pistol style so you can do it with one hand. I put on a long hose for the hard to reach points
2. Rags for cleaning old and new grease off the zerks. I buy boxes of shop rags.
3. A decent oil drain pan thing to catch the oil.
4. Funnel for putting oil in neatly.
1. A compressor
2. Pressure gauge
That's about all I can think of.
Cool, good ideas there...thanks guys. Appreciate the feedback. :)
vBulletin® v3.8.6, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.