PDA

View Full Version : Summer is here!!

NightScenes
02-25-2008, 03:27 PM
I am sitting here in my office doing paperwork and designs because it's 90 degrees outside!! It sure would be nice if there were some spring between winter and summer. The flowers are blooming and I mowed the lawn yesterday. What is it like around the country? Is spring upon us?

Desertdweller
02-25-2008, 03:35 PM
Supposed to be in the mid to upper 70's all week in the Valley and no rain!

klkanders
02-25-2008, 04:00 PM
Freezing rain this morning followed by a trace of snow........high of 30 then dropping.
March always seems to give us one good storm before bringing spring in.
Paul I feel bad for ya buddy are you gonna go outside and work on the tan for the trip next month? :) Drink plenty of fluids so you don't get dehydrated.

Raven386
02-25-2008, 04:02 PM
Rain/Sleet/Snow is what we are looking foward to. looks like no more snow for us! oh well that last one was fun before it turned to ice.

Pro-Scapes
02-25-2008, 04:34 PM
unseasonably warm here too.. dont Jinx it we may still get hit with a cold snap but its looking pretty darn good that spring will be here to stay. Been round 70's here latley with a few chilly days mixed in but definatly a very very mild winter. Pansies didnt do well here at all this year. Good news is we only have to freeze our butts off for a couple of days in the field this year

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
02-25-2008, 04:59 PM
It is lovely, hot, and sunny here in Naples Fla. :)

I here we are getting another 7 to 10 inches of snow back home.

Mark B
02-25-2008, 11:26 PM
It depends on what day it is here in NC.. It was nice here today BUT the next 2 days it will be cooling off again.

But in 3 weeks it will be NICE in the keys. I'm going fishing in the keys as well. 1 full day flat fishing. yippie. First trip to the keys for me.

Lite4
02-26-2008, 01:30 AM
Sunny, High of 47 low of 31. Feels like spring is in the air.

Pro-Scapes
02-26-2008, 02:01 AM
It depends on what day it is here in NC.. It was nice here today BUT the next 2 days it will be cooling off again.

But in 3 weeks it will be NICE in the keys. I'm going fishing in the keys as well. 1 full day flat fishing. yippie. First trip to the keys for me.

feb and march in the keys... Sleepy you need to stop in Islamorada at whales harbor marina and check out seahorse charters... its a smaller sportfisher but he catches the most sailfish out of anyone. If you want a really memorable trip this is the guy to do it. He doesnt have AC... Doesnt have a TV... but he does have a really big fishbox and a shady area to sit as well as a head. I have spent many a months down there in the past. PM me and I will give you some more info if you need it.

The Lighting Geek
02-26-2008, 02:07 AM
suppose to be sunny up 70 degrees, but it has been off and on rain for 4 weeks. I need a boat pretty soon if this rain keeps up...lol

NightScenes
02-26-2008, 08:56 AM
So yesterday it hit 94 here and today it's supposed to be 65!! I guess it was just a taste of what's to come.

TXNSLighting
02-26-2008, 09:47 AM
yeh 92 here yesterday, and 62 today...

Mark B
02-26-2008, 10:09 AM
Hey Pro i'm going out with www.fishovertime.com. This will be the first time flat fishing. Fisrt trip in the keys. The cool part is that I drum fish with Pat in the fall up here at hateras. It will be a fun trip. Sorry to high jack the thread.

Pro-Scapes
02-26-2008, 10:52 AM
you cant go wrong in big pine key area... Dont overlook islanmorada tho around mile marker 85... Around whales harbor there are some excellent offshore guides if you get a taste for that.

We fish drum regularly here and the season should pick up soon. Too much rain latley is making our flats and water conditions very challenging. Post some pics if you get something worth bragging about!