PDA

View Full Version : lightapalooza

Mike M
02-25-2008, 07:47 PM
Lightapalooza is this thurs/fri near/in Orlando or thereabouts. Put on by Florida Outdoor Lighting, many manu rep's and sessions, I hear Kichler may have some of those LEDs we keep hearing about.

I'm going. Anyone else besides me and Billy??

irrig8r
02-25-2008, 09:29 PM
Lightapalooza is this thurs/fri near/in Orlando or thereabouts. Put on by Florida Outdoor Lighting, many manu rep's and sessions, I hear Kichler may have some of those LEDs we keep hearing about.

I'm going. Anyone else besides me and Billy??

Does this explain why James is in Florida?

Probably not...I remember he said he was on vacation near some beach where it was 84 degrees.

Mike M
02-25-2008, 10:09 PM
Gregg, it was so flippin nice out today in the coastal south, but not yet 84. Chris was like in the bahamas or something.

Pro-Scapes
02-26-2008, 12:49 AM
we are leaving web night and will be there opening thursday. Check your email mike

Pro-Scapes
02-29-2008, 11:59 AM
pretty decent turn out yesterday and we seen some nice stuff. Ash and I neglected to go back today as we were tired and decided to spend time with family here instead.

Seen some new lines that seemed impressive and a few new products we really liked. Made a nice pick up on some of our usual things as well.

The unique reps were great and did the best presentation even tho we only got to enjoy half of it. Some other manufactures had clueless reps there as well. Kichlers rep was super nice.

What we really liked were the i3 planters. These are nice to add lighting and color around decks and outdoor structures. Atom lighting was also there and their line is built like a tank while pricing wasn't evaluable it will be defiantly high end stuff. The well light and smaller path light from them were works of art and of considerable construction.

Intermatic has a new system out called intouch which was very appealing visually but since its wireless zwave technology it may not be great for landscape lighting as putting modules in a transformer may cause loss of signal. if controlscape came out with a wall mounted panel like this it would be very popular i think.

NightScenes
02-29-2008, 12:23 PM
I'm glad to hear that this presentation is a success out there in Florida.

Pro-Scapes
02-29-2008, 01:41 PM
one thing i was disapointed in.... i would think with mostly lighting contractors already in business attending that they would of had some advanced courses planned.

SPJ's presentation on LED's was not too informative other than the girl pressing some buttons and showing s different led arrays. Seems she didnt really have a clue on technology and color temps and based her whole presentation on spj having led fixtures and how led's draw inimal power when compared to traditional fixtures. Some of the colors were ok but ithers were quite disapointing. I was really looking forward to seeing the new kichler led but they are still about a week out

Chris J
02-29-2008, 10:11 PM
Intermatic has a new system out called intouch which was very appealing visually but since its wireless zwave technology it may not be great for landscape lighting as putting modules in a transformer may cause loss of signal. if controlscape came out with a wall mounted panel like this it would be very popular i think.

The thing I don't like about the intouch is that it only has a 50' reach. As I understand it, you have to install several more of their devices (receptacle, wall switch, etc.) along the way in order to provide "messengers" to your transformers if they are located a significant distance from the control panel.
Therefore, if your transformer is 200' from your control pad you have to sell the client 4 more devices that they may or may not want/need? Seems kind of foolish, but it is Intermatic.
By the way Billy, it was great to meet you and Ashley. I had a great time Thursday night (maybe a little too much fun for my own good).
BTW, don't ever let Mike Murphy drive your truck. I thought he was in better shape to drive us back to the hotel, but he ran into a parked car with my truck! :laugh:

Pro-Scapes
03-01-2008, 08:44 AM
yeah we saw that... the intouch is a good concept but i agree he range does suck on it. Maybe controlscape or x10 will come in with an interface like that. very handsome looking wall control when compared to the x10 or controlscape

Mike M
03-02-2008, 10:00 PM
Sorry about your Ranger, Chris!

Chris J
03-07-2008, 07:59 PM
Sorry about your Ranger, Chris!

Man, you were tipsy Mike! I have an extended cab Silverado, not a Ranger! :laugh:

Mike M
03-08-2008, 11:50 PM
Chris you were in tears when I asked what model Ford it was!!

btw, happy belated birthday.

Chris J
03-09-2008, 11:13 AM
OK, now I remember..... Thanks for the B-day wish!

klkanders
03-09-2008, 11:20 AM
Happy Belated Birthday Chris!
Gosh you must be old! Hope it was a good day!

Keith

Chris J
03-09-2008, 06:44 PM
Thanks Keith. 44 and feeling every day of it! My b-day was the day after I got back from meeting with the Unique gang in California. I was sick as crap with bronchitis while there, and I'm still under the weather. Got a big job to do tomorrow, and my partner doesn't know just how hard his day is going to be yet. Oh well, somebody's got to carry the dead weight!

Mike M
03-10-2008, 02:05 PM
OK, now I remember.....

I doubt it! :)

By the way, you are almost 7 months older than me, old man.

Pro-Scapes
03-10-2008, 04:22 PM
I will rememeber to bring the Geritol for you guys next time we hang out. Didnt that waitress ask if Mike was my wifes dad ? :)

Mike M
03-10-2008, 11:44 PM
Billy, I didn't see you lift your face off your plate long enough to notice anything but food. :laugh:

klkanders
03-11-2008, 11:25 AM
Zing.......Ouch thats gonna leave a mark!
Does Billy like food? :)

Pro-Scapes
03-11-2008, 11:30 AM
No... i was just trying to keep from having to look at your mug mike. Keep in mind ash and I had zero real meals and 1 hour of sleep in the 48 hours leading up to that night. We were starving