PDA

View Full Version : quick question......

cz lawn care
02-25-2008, 08:15 PM
Dose anyone here have customers that only want their lawns done bi-weekly? how would u charge them?

cfrymow
02-25-2008, 08:29 PM
For me it depends how fast the grass grows. If I think it would normally take a half hour that's about $30.00 when I mow it and it takes me a hour because of tall grass I add 30 more dollars. That's a little exaggerated on time but that's the idea. well thats how we do it around my area

abuckeye
02-25-2008, 08:50 PM
I have one customer that gets cut bi-weekly. It is my uncle's place. Other than that I won't do bi-weekly cuts.

BigLag
02-25-2008, 08:53 PM
yuk...bi-weekly...wouldn't cut them unless you could get some extra $$$ out of them...if it were a $50 lawn...charge $65. UNLESS, you already have a bi-weekly acct, then alternate them with the one you already have, to offset each other on your schedule.

packey
02-25-2008, 09:00 PM
I cut sevral storage facilities bi weekly as well as a couple of senior citizens who are on very fixed incomes. All these accounts are non irrigated and only one of the ladies does any watering at all and this is for her flower beds. I charge the storage facilities pretty good but the senior citizens I wont do that to them. they still are at 20 per cut my only 2 at 20 per cut. To be honest I feel bad sometimes about that. I have been tempted to just cut their's for free you know as a way to give back.

RGM
02-25-2008, 09:06 PM
I will do a few bi weekly every year I do charge just a bit more for them like $35-40 on a $30 lawn but I only do them for decent customer not for anyone who is real picky, late pay, or a jerk

cfrymow
02-25-2008, 09:06 PM
I cut sevral storage facilities bi weekly as well as a couple of senior citizens who are on very fixed incomes. All these accounts are non irrigated and only one of the ladies does any watering at all and this is for her flower beds. I charge the storage facilities pretty good but the senior citizens I wont do that to them. they still are at 20 per cut my only 2 at 20 per cut. To be honest I feel bad sometimes about that. I have been tempted to just cut their's for free you know as a way to give back.

That I can understand NICE WORK :usflag:

Big C
02-26-2008, 01:01 AM
I charge a $25 "trip charge" + $1 per 1,000 sq ft + any misc. fees for weekly customers, for bi-weekly I am charging $25 "trip charge" + $2 per 1000 sq ft.+ any misc. fees.

Frosty03
02-26-2008, 01:20 PM
I have quite a few bi-monthly (every other week) accounts. They actually give more return for time spent on the property than weekly accounts with both being charged a flat rate per month.

For a small yard, I figure about half of what I would charge for a regular account for weekly mowings, then add about 20-25% more to come up with a figure for every two week mowings. If it is a well irrigated and fertilized St. Augustine yard, I can't do this, but for those who lightly irrigate or Bahia yards, it gives me more return for my time. I can handle a lot more customers and it pays better....Think about it.

Hypothetically, if you are solo and are really good, you can handle 100 accounts per week. If they are all serviced weekly and let's say at $100 per month (this is about most people's minimum charge), you will make $10,000 for that month.
Now, if you have 200 accounts that you service bi-weekly, (100 one week and the other 100 the next week) and are charging each account around $75.00 per month, then you will have made $15,000 for that month cutting the same amount of yards per week.

I bill these on contract and charge a flat rate per month and NO, I don't have my route set-up like that, but I do not have a problem with bi-monthly.

Don't sneer at it, I have about 1/4 of my accounts on bi-monthly with the rest on weekly contracts. I do have about 6 that I do on a per cut basis, but these are larger properties and are mostly bahia.

S L C
02-26-2008, 02:04 PM
"I charge a $25 "trip charge" + $1 per 1,000 sq ft + any misc. fees for weekly customers, for bi-weekly I am charging $25 "trip charge" + $2 per 1000 sq ft.+ any misc. fees."

:clapping: I have to say, that I really like that system you use... I may have to start using something real close to that with a couple of 'tweeks'..... :drinkup:

georgiagrass
02-26-2008, 06:37 PM
We have a number of every other week (EOW) accounts. Almost all of them do not have irrigation systems, so the grass (either Bermuda or Fescue) does not grow very fast. On average, we charge about 25% extra per cut for EOW yards. Since we mulch almost all of our properties, it's not really all that much additional effort.

Lawn-Sharks
02-26-2008, 08:32 PM
I have 3 residential prices here are some Examples"I dont tell my actual prices"
Examples of 1/4 acre or less property =
(1x Per Cut $35 ) (2x Bi-Weekly service $60) (4x Monthly Service $100)
Per Cut is C.O.D Bi-weekly & Monthly are billed Monthly.. some time it helps to show customers the savings of the monthly service and the look of a quality maintained property. This is my theory

georgiagrass
02-26-2008, 09:34 PM
I have 3 residential prices here are some Examples"I dont tell my actual prices"
Examples of 1/4 acre or less property =
(1x Per Cut $35 ) (2x Bi-Weekly service $60) (4x Monthly Service $100)
Per Cut is C.O.D Bi-weekly & Monthly are billed Monthly.. some time it helps to show customers the savings of the monthly service and the look of a quality maintained property. This is my theory

In this example, what do you charge in a 5-week month? $125?

Lawn-Sharks
02-27-2008, 06:56 AM
In this example, what do you charge in a 5-week month? $125?

I let my costomers know from the start that if their scheduled service day falls on the 5th week of any month that they will not be charged for the extra service. Im sorry when i posted in my Examples i should have put (4or5x Monthly)

jasonnau
02-27-2008, 09:52 AM
I have a few bi-weekly customers. Some of them mow their own yard on my off week. Actually, two of them do. One is out of town every other week, and the other I think just doesn't like mowing his lawn. I would first question it as "Who is going to cut it on the week that I'm not there?" Implying that someone must me if I'm not. Then if they say "nobody is, I don't mind it getting high" or something of that sort, I would explain that you may have to cut it multiple times to get rid of the excess grass clippings, it's harder on your equipment, and definitely more time consuming. I would charge 1/3 more than you would normally. Realisticaly, you're spending a good chunk of your time driving there, the trimming isn't really going to change much either. The mowing, blowing and extra strain on equipment are the only changes. You can't double the price. I think I would tell them the weekly cut price and then the bi-weekly price. They are still paying less bi-weekly, which i'm sure is what they are after, but, not quite as much of a savings as they thought. They might just go ahead and get it cut every week instead.