PDA

View Full Version : Hustler FLEX FORKS

GroundEffects125
02-25-2008, 10:13 PM
I was reading some information on the 60in husters with the flex forks an i was wondering what they are an is it worth it to have them? Thanks

puppypaws
02-25-2008, 11:00 PM
I was reading some information on the 60in husters with the flex forks an i was wondering what they are an is it worth it to have them? Thanks

Torsion rubber takes the roughness out of the ride by letting the front wheels move up and down. I put the first set on my dealer had delivered and I personally would not be without them, that is how much difference they make in the ride. I also have the flex seat which takes the back slap out when you hit rough spots.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y248/mowerconsultant/work/FlexForks.jpg

GroundEffects125
02-25-2008, 11:06 PM
i see thanks is the flex seat the same as the air ride seat?

bblawncare
02-26-2008, 05:17 AM
I've been using the flex forks since April 2006-never realized how much of a difference they made until 3 weeks ago when my shop gave me a loaner Hustler without flex forks. What an uncomfortable and bumpy awakening that was! Flex forks make a huge difference and are well worth it. I was so glad to get my mower back!!

Hunter73
02-26-2008, 07:32 AM
<SNIP>I also have the flex seat which takes the back slap out when you hit rough spots.<SNIP>Do you know how much the flex seat is?

excel25
02-26-2008, 09:11 AM
once you use the flex forks you will not want to go without them. before I sold my biz. one of my employees went from my 60" super Z to my 66" w/ flex forks and first words out of his mouth was " boy this thing is a Lexus.

Grits
02-26-2008, 10:12 AM
The flex forks are worth it. Big difference. I think Hustler's ride good without them. But then I tried one with them....WOW!

Jason Rose
02-26-2008, 11:40 AM
Is their any truth to what I've heard about them wearing out pretty fast? I heard that they get worn quick and sloppy, and then the front end starts getting lower and effects the cut. Or was this a problem that they fixed?

cybervision
02-26-2008, 12:00 PM
Is their any truth to what I've heard about them wearing out pretty fast? I heard that they get worn quick and sloppy, and then the front end starts getting lower and effects the cut. Or was this a problem that they fixed?

We can not nail this one down. As far as I can tell Hustler has not officially addressed this. It seams that some of the Flex Forks last a long time and others have gone fast. It also appears that the latest forks are lasting longer.

Also, it has been stated by some that even if they don't last they are worth the money.

Check out this thread.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=212306

puppypaws
02-26-2008, 03:30 PM
Do you know how much the flex seat is?

$299.99, it is a little high but worth it to my back.

i see thanks is the flex seat the same as the air ride seat?

No it is not the same, the flex base mounts under the suspension seat on your mower to give it a rocking chair motion.

http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=97319&stc=1&d=1200627672

Hunter73
02-26-2008, 03:37 PM
$299.99, it is a little high but worth it to my back. Thank you!

cybervision
02-26-2008, 03:57 PM
Puppy Paws,

Just looking at your grass should be enough to prove the effectiveness of the Flex Forks and Seat Especially at 15 MPH. That pretty rough looking.

HenryB
02-26-2008, 04:21 PM
Thank you!

I think they are only $199.

puppypaws
02-26-2008, 08:18 PM
I think they are only $199.

Everything is going up, my dealer told me this morning the flex seat was still at $299.00 but the flex forks had gone to $249.00.

Inflation, Inflation, Inflation

tacoma200
02-26-2008, 08:26 PM
Yes, they are worth it.
Can be a little bouncy at times is the only drawback I experienced.

puppypaws
02-26-2008, 08:35 PM
Everything is going up, my dealer told me this morning the flex seat was still at $299.00 but the flex forks had gone to $249.00.

Inflation, Inflation, Inflation

Something else I have been talking about, people will need to generate a great deal more income in 2008 just to maintain what was done in 2007.

Grocery bills jump – no end in sight
You aren't imagining things – food prices really are shooting up. And the reasons why aren't going to disappear anytime soon, including prosperity in China and India and the record-high cost of oil. On Wednesday the U.S. government said the Consumer Price Index rose a greater-than-expected 0.4 percent in January, the result of steep jumps in food and energy prices. Food alone rose 0.7 percent, the biggest one-month jump since February 2007.

TOOLSHACK
02-26-2008, 09:27 PM
The Flex Forks are DEFINITELY worth the money!! Huge difference betwwen standard fork and Flex Forks. Best part is that it's a VERY simple suspension system. They don't have all the moving parts that many competitors use on their suspension systems... that means less maintenance and less repairs. ;-)

And.... they should be $199 @ your local Hustler Dealer.

GroundEffects125
02-26-2008, 10:55 PM
Alright well im going to my local dealer tomorrrow you guys have sold both the flex forks an seat. Thanks for the help.. Are there any other after markets things to do to a huster? Thanks RYan

Grits
02-26-2008, 11:25 PM
Alright well im going to my local dealer tomorrrow you guys have sold both the flex forks an seat. Thanks for the help.. Are there any other after markets things to do to a huster? Thanks RYan

Yes, you can get whatever you want (as long as it fits) lazer cut in the back...on the pieace that usually says Hustler.

tb8100
02-26-2008, 11:38 PM

Lots of things:

Enginaire Turbo precleaner, Dixie Turf Boss tires (if you can find some that are the same diameter as your originals), hydraulic deck lift, ROPS, Cooltops ROPS-mounted fan, headlights, OCDC, striping kit, Amsoil bypass filters and preoiler........

there's alot of crap you can bolt on these mowers that does not void the warranty.

GroundEffects125
02-26-2008, 11:40 PM
ok thanks you

puppypaws
02-27-2008, 01:49 AM
ok thanks you

Believe me, that is all you need for comfort and speed. Come back and let us know what price your dealer gives you on the flex forks and flex seat.

The first Rattlesnake I ever ate was at Fort Stewart in Savannah, Ga., nice area, good snake also.

SuperTurf
03-20-2008, 09:48 PM

I have the 19/52 Mini Z and I needed some relief for my back after having back surgery. I first tried the flex forks and they did not help my back at all. If you think about it, the seat is almost directly above the rear wheels and there is no give except for the tires. The front suspension will improve control but can't do a thing for the rear of the mower. That said, I still like the flex forks for what they do accomplish. My fix came in the way of a suspension base for the stock Michigan seat. I found a guy selling these on eBay and this thing makes a huge difference in the ride.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Seat-Suspension-Toro-Z-Master-or-John-Deere-Z-Trak_W0QQitemZ190129461280QQihZ009QQcategoryZ82246QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQ_trksidZp1638.m118.l1247Q QcmdZViewItem
The bolt pattern is perfect for the Michigan stock seat. It is less than 3 inches in height which is barely noticeable.