PDA

View Full Version : Lawn Grips?

GroundEffects125
02-25-2008, 10:32 PM
I was looking on the web site an clicked on the link that had the lawn grips. Do any of you or employees wear them? How do u like them? are the worth the money? Thanks

BUCKEYE MOWING
02-25-2008, 10:40 PM
They are great boots. I have heard of people having problems with them on here, but we have had none and continue to use them.

lawnspecialties
02-25-2008, 11:06 PM
I had a pair that had a "blow out" after two and a half months. The worst part of it was the extremely poor customer service getting them replaced.

They finally sent me a new pair and I've still not worn them. That was 4 months ago. RedWings forever for me.:)

howardsells2000
02-26-2008, 12:01 AM
I have a pair and love them. They are very comfortable. I bought the ones with higher sides for better ankle support.

GroundEffects125
02-26-2008, 10:52 PM
yea im think im gonna go with a georgia boot. Thats what ive worn for the past years but in the summer time they are really hot

hdhillin
02-27-2008, 07:59 AM
I also have a pair of lace up with higher sides for ankle support. They do support your ankles, however they have no "breather" holes and in the summer your feet sweat terrible and get soaked from it.

GroundEffects125
02-27-2008, 01:42 PM
yea that is what i was afraid of i dont think that i am going to order any lawn grips

Howard Roark
02-27-2008, 11:34 PM
From what I understand the earlier models had some problems, but rest assured this company is up and coming now and produces a quality product! I personally wouldn't wear them unless they were top notch, and I told them so.

They delivered, and are committed. Having been in customer service for years, I only go with companies that share the same value system. And with work shoes, I've only been let down up until Lawn Grips.

Can't say enough about them! You won't regret it!

jbailey52
02-27-2008, 11:52 PM
Im surprised this product even exists... but I wont be buying them... My Timberland HIKING boots with steel toe all the way for me.. only $80 at the outlet.. plenty of ventalation (Crazy im only talking abou shoes)

DISTURBEDSMR
02-28-2008, 12:00 AM
I have emailed lawn grips twice about buying their boots and no response

dennys-lawn
02-28-2008, 12:07 AM
I've had a pair about 2 years now. Mine have held up great; 6" lace ups. I'm thinking of ordering the crock version. Stihl has there own line of lawn grips at my local dealer.

Howard Roark
02-28-2008, 12:22 AM
I have emailed lawn grips twice about buying their boots and no response

I'm currently checking on this one to see what the problem is.

desert rose gardening
02-28-2008, 01:37 AM
Great working boots! I will use them in the wet season then back to tennies in the dry season.

GSMOSS
02-28-2008, 01:52 AM
I have the lace up boots that offer great support and are very comfortable. I have had one problem but it was operator error. I laced them up too tight and the string ultimately cut through the tongue. As for the price look at local shops and check their prices and do not be afraid to ask for a discount. I called a store that I had never been to that was about 40 miles from me and asked for a discount and got them for $95. My feet are comfortable and do not sweat any more than in other shoes (The amount a person sweats is based on the individual anyway). Very satisfied with the purchase and would buy another pair as well as suggest them to anyone looking to buy.

LawnGuy73
02-28-2008, 09:33 AM
I was thinking about buying some last season, but then hearing all the problems that guys were having with them and the way it sounds is that there is no warrenty with them. I'll stick to my Merrell's. :usflag: