PDA

View Full Version : Power chute

cfrymow
02-26-2008, 08:51 AM
Has any one used the power chute? Seen it at a show and liked it but is it worth the $279.00? If you have not seen it check it out.
http://PowerChuteDesign.com

TLS
02-26-2008, 08:58 AM
I have one.

Love it.

Works great.

There is a tiny little room for improvement, but all in all it's the best option out there currently.

BCNU
02-26-2008, 05:34 PM
Someone on here told me about them the other day. Thinking of getting one myself just waiting to see if I get a new mower first before ordering because I now have a 60 inch deck and thinking of going to 72. Looking at the pics on the website to me it just looks like a window regulator motor out of a car as the motor with a 2 way switch. Maybe someone who owns one could post if it is or not. I also think the motor has a lifetime warranty.

S L C
02-26-2008, 05:55 PM
I'm just curious why each of the brand has different number of 'openings' and also the various reasons for the differences....??? :confused:

ProTouch Groundscapes
02-26-2008, 06:00 PM
we bought an advanced chute systems ocdc for around 200 something, it was great, helped out a ton by keeping stuff out of lava rock (ugh....) we bought it before i saw the power chute, and i would of gotten that instead.

LawnNeedz
02-26-2008, 06:08 PM
I have a power chute on my jd 757 and it is great. I used it all fall on leaves and it did a really good job at mulching them up, not to mention that during the season it saves a ton of clean up time. It is definitely worth the money in my opinion. I am pretty sure that it is a window regulator motor than opens and closes the discharge chute. You could probably make one yourself, but quite frankly for the price why waste the time. Hope this helps!

mowing grass 1111
02-26-2008, 07:27 PM
i have 2 of them they both stopped working after a month

BCNU
02-26-2008, 08:00 PM
I thought they have a lifetime warranty? Did they not warranty yours? I copied this from their website.

Every Power Chute is hand made for strengthen and durability. They are not built for looks, but to work day in and day out without failure. We back every chute with a lifetime warranty against failure due to workmanship for as long as you own your Power Chute. Every original motor is also warrantied for life from failure during normal use.

r.eckley
02-26-2008, 08:32 PM
I have one on my Lazer and love it. I dont think you will be sorry if you buy one.

Skyking
02-26-2008, 09:08 PM
I think I will order one in the morrning.
Really I have been thinking about one since last year.

Wayne

kjslawn
02-26-2008, 09:32 PM
I have the qwikchute It is very well built. 271.50

gl1200a
02-27-2008, 01:11 PM
That's only $8.50 less than a Power Chute!

kjslawn
02-27-2008, 05:17 PM
Very good Johnny you can add

kjslawn
02-27-2008, 05:19 PM
Here's Your sign

mowinginva
02-28-2008, 11:25 AM
I tried to order a power chute for my Dixie Chopper 60", and they said they've stopped making them because of slow sales. I asked them if one for another brand mower could be modified to fit our mower, but they said it couldn't, that the one for a Dixie 60" was a very unique design. Do you guys think that's the case?

TLS
02-28-2008, 04:39 PM
I tried to order a power chute for my Dixie Chopper 60", and they said they've stopped making them because of slow sales. I asked them if one for another brand mower could be modified to fit our mower, but they said it couldn't, that the one for a Dixie 60" was a very unique design. Do you guys think that's the case?

Slow sales, mainly because almost ALL DC's come with a factory OCDC (manual) that works really well.

If I were you, I'd be looking for a used OEM DC OCDC.

mowinginva
02-28-2008, 04:42 PM
Slow sales, mainly because almost ALL DC's come with a factory OCDC (manual) that works really well.

If I were you, I'd be looking for a used OEM DC OCDC.

We have looked on ebay for one and have thought about posting a thread on this site looking for one. Just might do that. We did think of that - the sales slow because the mowers come w/ one.

corey4671
03-01-2008, 07:26 PM
I saw these today at the Nashville Lawn and Garden show mounted on a Grasshopper. I gotta say, I WAS IMPRESSED. I gotta have one for my Warrior and my Wasp!

Power Chute Design
03-01-2008, 09:31 PM
Actually we discontinued the Dixie Chopper models due to a lack of sales for that brand. I had thought that I still had the original prototypes left and was going to sell the 60" unit to the fellow from the listing above as 'mowinginva'. I got to the shop the next day to find that I had already scraped the D.C. test units that I had.

I felt bad when I had to write him back and let him know that I couldn't help him out especially after all the research he had done here on lawnsite.com before placing the order.

Thanks...Norm

grasskicker71
03-02-2008, 07:52 PM
Does it really help out. I think I would like to have one If it saves me time , by not having to turn around and make another pass to keep from blowing grass on drives, parking lots, mulch, or pine needles. Usually have to make two or three passes with discharge away from stuff to keep from having extra stuff to clean up.

DLCS
03-02-2008, 08:57 PM
Does it really help out. I think I would like to have one If it saves me time , by not having to turn around and make another pass to keep from blowing grass on drives, parking lots, mulch, or pine needles. Usually have to make two or three passes with discharge away from stuff to keep from having extra stuff to clean up.

Yes, any OCDC will save time. I love the power Chute. Mine is beat but still does the job.