PDA

View Full Version : New equipment

Blueribbonlawns
02-26-2008, 12:31 PM
Well i just bought a new Ryan aerator and a jungle jim trimmer rack.
Im planning on getting a Toro commercial later and mabie a hustler trimstar?
But i love the aerator it is so easy to run it is crazy,
So what's everyone else planning on getting this year??

Sweet Tater
02-26-2008, 08:19 PM
More customers, so I can afford a new mower:usflag:

robertsturf
02-26-2008, 08:28 PM
(Tator) Specially after you shelled out that sweet coin for that trailer, Lol!!

RickR1818
02-26-2008, 08:30 PM
How about some pics of the aerator?

KS_Grasscutter
02-26-2008, 08:33 PM
So what's everyone else planning on getting this year??

More customers, followed by all new Redmax handheld stuff, possibly a new 21", possibly a new Ferris 32". I'd like to get a new Walker, another truck would come in handy, and I really want a 4 wheeler. I REALLY need to do something different for a shop too.

ProStreetCamaro
02-26-2008, 08:43 PM
Uhhhh hand aerator and easy to run dont go hand in hand. We have one similar to the picture belowe but its just sitting in favor of a tow behind that we use behind our lazer.

If it is one of these then I have news for you its going to tire you out in no time flat. This coming from a guy that is 5'11" and 250 pounds of muscle. Im not going to sit here and say they dont work great because they do but god they beat you up after a few lawns.

http://www.ryanturf.com/products/lawn_aerators/lawnaire_iv/images/product.jpg

RickR1818
02-26-2008, 08:52 PM
thats why I wanted to see a pic! I heard from everyone on here how EASY it was to aerate so I rented one last fall and did 6 good sized yards. I said that day that I would never do that again! It was not worth the money, the sad thing is that on my last yard, the neighbor came out and wanted his done along with 8 more in the same neighborhood. I think the only way I would aerate again is if I bought a stander.

SNAPPER MAN
02-26-2008, 09:09 PM
Ya I just need to get more yards.

Wilson Edge
02-26-2008, 09:14 PM
Ooooh I have the ich soooo bad. Well this is what i Plan/want to buy

walker model c 20 hp
stihl stick edger
stihl back pack blower
stihl line trimmer
stihl Double sidded hedge trimmer
New push mower

Yah it seems like im settin up a new crew or something but actualy I only have a walk behind edger, and want a stick one. I own a great dane 48" super surfer but want the walker for 4ft gates and have the dane as a "back up" mower. I will need a new blower by the end of the season. And i have never had a hedge trimmer before but, due to some bids I am going to need one for this year. Oh and as for the push mower. well i broke of one of the wheels last year in a way that it cant be fixed. Plus the engines burning oil so ill need a new one of those.

RickR1818
03-08-2008, 11:00 PM
any pics of the aerator yet?

bigw
03-08-2008, 11:16 PM
My next purchase which will be this week will be the Stihl KM 130 R and the HL 135° Adjustable
Hedge Trimmer Attachment
HT Pole Pruner Attachment
FCS Straight Lawn Edger

That is unless someone can change my mind to go with the Echo or shidawia muti task tool....i am choosing the Stihl KM 130 due to the 36cc versus the 25 on the echo and the shindawia. They say the straight edger packs more punch when edging is this true vs the curved?

metro36
03-09-2008, 07:14 PM
More lawns and money set aside for a truck.

mowerbrad
03-09-2008, 07:26 PM
First I want to get more customers, thats number one. But next week I'm going to my dealer to order a 46" JRCO dethatcher and buy a new trimmer. Then hopefully if I get more customers I will be able to justify buying a Great Dane stand-on 34" or a 36" Exmark Viking. But other than that I don't think anything.

thegreensideup
03-24-2008, 03:18 PM
Blueribbonlawns, if you don't mind me asking, I noticed in your equipment list you have a JD Z225, how is that holding up for you? How many hours do you have on it? Also which Husvarna blowers do you have and do you like them. I just had the chance to demo the 356BT, just don't know if that is strong enough for the Fall cleanups.

coonman
03-24-2008, 03:40 PM
Redmax bp blower
Redmax hedge trimmers
Quick 36 (still waiting for it to be delivered)

All_Toro_4ME
03-24-2008, 04:10 PM
My shopping is done for the season. Just bought a new truck and 36" wb Toro hydro w/ sulky. Just waiting for the season to start.

Blueribbonlawns
03-25-2008, 11:01 AM
Blueribbonlawns, if you don't mind me asking, I noticed in your equipment list you have a JD Z225, how is that holding up for you? How many hours do you have on it? Also which Husvarna blowers do you have and do you like them. I just had the chance to demo the 356BT, just don't know if that is strong enough for the Fall cleanups.

The Z225 is only for weed mowing otherwise it does a poor job for mowing but thats compairing it to a walker the huskys have enuf power i like them i just have the ones from lowes not the fancy dancy ones.

larryinalabama
03-25-2008, 11:21 AM
This year I have already bought- Bluebire 530 aerator, classen sod cutter, classen over seeder. Not yet delieverd Brown bed edger and giant vac brush cutter. All for less than 5000$ on ebay.

Still looking for a box truck, rototiller and thinking of a NEW Quick 44 with all the goodies

topsites
03-25-2008, 11:25 AM
I ain't buying squat until the financial HOLES in my account are plugged up and I got next winter's money saved and I'm back to having 25-30g saved (at LEAST 20-25), then after I have that all settled I'll see if there's excess moolah and then it could be spending time.

That's just a nasty trick I had to learn, and to me it is nasty because I learned this the hard way (more than 1-2 times over), because the worst thing is not having that cash backing when I need it... Every single time I run dire low on funds I find myself bending over backwards and giving discounts and all of this mess that later ends up frustrating me to tears, so now I always save my money first.

You could almost say "money in the bank makes for one strong backbone"
Doesn't quite fix all of the problems, but it sure don't hurt lol

larryinalabama
03-25-2008, 11:51 AM
Im part time, I have no debt and some savings. Luckely I have been able to take my time in finding good deals on equuiptment. When I go full time I want to have my initial investment over with, and be able to concentrate on business not what I need for equiptment.

thegreensideup
03-25-2008, 11:51 AM
The Z225 is only for weed mowing otherwise it does a poor job for mowing but thats compairing it to a walker the huskys have enuf power i like them i just have the ones from lowes not the fancy dancy ones.

It's funny because when I was at the Husky dealer they were pushing the 356BT with 473 cfm (at the pipe), for $469.00. Yet I can get the 150BT with 494 cfm (at the pipe), for $275.00. Just wasn't sure how that would be for the Fall cleanups.

Lawnut101
03-25-2008, 01:22 PM
I'm about 90% sure I'm gonna be buying a new mower in about a week or so. A Bobcat 52" ztr. And if I have some extra money, I may need a hydro seeder. I'm looking at a Turbo Turf brand hydro seeder. And sometime in the middle of summer or fall I will need another truck for plowing and stuff. I need to pick up about 20 more customers or so. Wish me luck!:waving:

Grits
03-25-2008, 02:03 PM
I ain't buying squat until the financial HOLES in my account are plugged up and I got next winter's money saved and I'm back to having 25-30g saved (at LEAST 20-25), then after I have that all settled I'll see if there's excess moolah and then it could be spending time.

That's just a nasty trick I had to learn, and to me it is nasty because I learned this the hard way (more than 1-2 times over), because the worst thing is not having that cash backing when I need it... Every single time I run dire low on funds I find myself bending over backwards and giving discounts and all of this mess that later ends up frustrating me to tears, so now I always save my money first.

You could almost say "money in the bank makes for one strong backbone"
Doesn't quite fix all of the problems, but it sure don't hurt lol

This is what I plan on doing too! Although I did buy a new blower and trimmer. But that will be it until I get further ahead.