PDA

View Full Version : Which size bobcat deck 36 or 48??

merrimacmill
02-26-2008, 01:12 PM
Currently since we only mow our own lawns which is 3 resi properties and 1 small commercial lawn we do not have commercial grade mowers. We have a homeowner JD L110 with a 42 inch deck and we also have a JD 2210 with a 54 inch deck. Neither of these are exactly great mowers. Especially the 2210, it weighs way to much with the wheel weights, filled tires, and all that. We usually just use that for loader work or 3pt attachments. Since we're getting into commerically mowing lawns, we looking at getting a commercial walk behind to start off with. I was thinking about a 48", but then realized what happens when theres a gate to get through? But then I started thinking about the time a 48" would save over a 36" when there is no gate to go through. I then thought of just using one of our 21" mowers when theres a gate, but that would waste a lot of time. I know theres a trade off to every option, but what do you guys think is the best way to go for our first and, for now, only commercial mower? I'm going with bobcat because theres a few good dealers right in my area that sell them. And I'm planning on going with a gear drive because of cost.

Thanks a lot!

Collin