PDA

View Full Version : Edging Prices

GREENDRAGON
02-26-2008, 05:55 PM
I am interested in what businesses are charging for sidewalk edging using a walkbehind edger. Cost per 100 feet. 3/4 inch deep edging. I am bidding on a commercial site that wants all sidewalks edged every 2 weeks. Big property!

Landrus2
02-26-2008, 05:58 PM
Who cuts the grass on that property?:waving:

ProTouch Groundscapes
02-26-2008, 06:14 PM
how bout man hours instead of linear feet? the way we do our comm. bids is that our basic lawncare package includes mowing, trimming, edging and clean up. fert, hedges etc... are add-ons. we just estimate how long it takes us to do that to come up with our price

grass-scapes
02-26-2008, 06:22 PM
The machine costs just a bit more than a string trimmer, and the blades are about a buck apiece if you buy them in bulk. Blade should last for a day for average edging.

Once you do it the first time (assuming its never been done), it takes very little time, almost as fast as you can walk.

if you are doing it for the first time, I would charge .10 cents a foot plus a stop charge if its a small job.

GREENDRAGON
02-27-2008, 01:04 PM
I am bidding on the whole property, mowing, mulch, and edging every 2 weeks.

bhepp344
02-27-2008, 02:39 PM
Hey, Just figure out your time and include it in the price. The first time is a slow go, but after that you can fly with a wacker, or my guys like the stick edger. edgeing is a must I have gotten accounts just because people walk by and see how sweet the lawn looks good luck. with a string trimmer the best look is to walk on the lawn walking backwards, dont know why but its nice.

Marek
02-27-2008, 02:42 PM
I have always used the man hour method. I used to bid alot of big commercial work and this always worked out the best,and its alot faster than measureing everything.