PDA

View Full Version : Question About Being A Partner Or Being Solo

snobird
02-26-2008, 05:35 PM
ok guys I am looking into starting up in the lawn care busniess. I had a small one before(12 accounts) but now I am looking to get back into the busniess. I am in top ten at my company for 2 years straight, it is a sales based commison job with about 230 employees selling electronics. So I think I have the selling side of busniess down and being I had lawn care before I know what all is involved for the most part.

I have a good buddy of mine who has had a busniess for about 8 years now and is doing very well but he still works solo. I was looking into partering with him and looking into starting new clients in a whole differnt part of town and grow busniess togather. But at same time im not sure if I should go solo and hire my own employees down the road or go partner and do the same thing.

any and all feedback would be great, Thanks guys.

lawnpro2210
02-26-2008, 05:58 PM
Solo is the way to go.Working with friends or family doesnt work ive tried cant run things the way you want to without them telling there opinion and then haveing them get upset if you didnt do what they told you to do and it just gets to to hard and then when you let em go they get really madd at you and its just not worth it.

2fatguyslawncare
02-26-2008, 07:15 PM
Just go into it with an open mind, if you do choose a partnership. And keep open communications, be able to differentiate between different and wrong. Your partner may not want to do something the same way, but if it is not going to hurt the business in anyway let it go. And make sure you have an easy way out of the partnership before going in. This is not advice from someone who knows lanwcare, I am just starting out too but it is just good leadership and partnership skills.

My .02 ...