PDA

View Full Version : Help pricing first commericial job in Jax Fl.

dhooks
02-26-2008, 07:01 PM
Just a little backround, I currently have a maintenance contract with quite a few fast food restruants in Jax FL and not really in lawncare at this point.

I have the oppurtunity to bid on lawncare for 6 of the stores. Grasswise they range from almost no grass to maybe a quarter acre max. The big thing is shrubbery it surrounds most of the buildings plus a lot of the parking lots. So we can be looking at 4-500 feet of shrubs sometimes more. Let me just paste what there requirements are.

"Our requirements are grass cut at least 1 time per week in growing season all hedges, small trees (i.e. crape myrtles) trimmed signage kept clear, mulch 2 x per year annuals planted at drive thru menu boards(per season) at least 3x per year. All weeds removed and or controlled, leaves and debris blown off lot and walkways,misc debris removed from planting areas (i.e.: small papers etc.)stores do this daily as well so there is little build up."

Basically they want full service, remember based on how much shrubbery that there will be a good bit of mulching to be factored in. For the jacksonville area how many mowings do you figure a year? Around 40? Also how often do you figure to cut the hedges? Edge the walks etc twice a month? Obviously there is some driving from store to store. I wish I could give more details but its hard to describe 6 stores in one.

I think for just mowing blowing pickup etc I could do the 6 in one day by myself including driving. Where I get lost at is the hedges mulching etc.

Any help on how to put a dollar number per month on this would be great.

If anyone is familiar with the general area Id would like to pick your brains via phone if you would be so kind.

dhooks
02-27-2008, 08:47 AM
Bump to the top.....No ones familiar with the north FL market an going rates?

dhooks
02-27-2008, 09:42 PM
Am I to vague?

jbpo
02-27-2008, 11:39 PM
i would look at trimming the bushes every 3-4 weeks to keep them neat. i would estimate how long it would take you to complete the hedge trimming and multiply by your hourly rate. with the large amount of beds to be mulched you might want to look into subbing it out to one of the local companies that can blow it in. there are a few companies here that do mulching only. email me at bluelineoutdoors@yahoo.com if you want to communicate further.