PDA

View Full Version : Standers and Surfers?

AllAmericanlawn
02-26-2008, 08:38 PM
Does anybody have any input or experience with the stand on mowers? I was thinking about buying one for smaller properties and to get through gates. Do they hold hills well?

lifetree
02-26-2008, 08:44 PM
Does anybody have any input or experience with the stand on mowers ? I was thinking about buying one for smaller properties and to get through gates. Do they hold hills well ?

To get through gates you would have to buy a small footprint machine, therefore, I don't think it would hold a hill very well !!

robertsturf
02-26-2008, 09:33 PM
They hold very well. WE have 3 of the Wright models and they hold hills and slopes.

AllAmericanlawn
02-26-2008, 09:39 PM
They hold very well. WE have 3 of the Wright models and they hold hills and slopes.

Do you have a 36" stander? If so does it still hold hills as well as a 48"? How do they compare with walk behinds? Thanks.

robertsturf
02-26-2008, 09:45 PM
Yes one of them is a 36" fixed deck. It does well. I would say the 52"'s we own hold better because of the wheel base and as far as comparing it to a walk-behind I'm not sure you can get an unbiased answer. 30 guys answer the post you will get 30 OPINION's. You have to find out what works best for you. DEMO, DEMO,DEMO! Don't take my word or a dealers word you need to try it out for yourself.