PDA

View Full Version : My post card has been kicking ACE

bigw
02-26-2008, 11:45 PM
As you guys know i had 10,000 post cards made and i mailed them this past saturday and so far my phone has been ringing off the wall, i havent closed all the calls but id say im probably at about 85% right now and that is with very good price's and NO low balling at all.
What i find the most interesting is how for the past few months i stressed about pricing and would i be competitive and would i have to low ball just to get started.
Well what i found out is it dont matter what all you guys charge for a 1/4 acre or what other LCO'S in my neighborhood charge,i found out that a 1/4 acre could be 35$ or it could be 60$ it just depends on that gut feeling that you get while talking to your customer.
What one customer thinks is high another thinks its great,i have lawns of the same size's but totally different price's and they are all very happy with the price and thats the bottom line!
I think too many people { i was guilty myself } tend to worry so much about losing the deal that they give away their service's just to close the deal.
I say this to all new guys the next time you go to bid a job dont think about others price's,go to the house be confindent and professional take the price you had in your head when you pulled up and saw the property and then raise it 5-10 dollors and then say Dam i cant believe i just closed that deal at that price!!
It will happen but remember act professional and actually say some things that might actually " WOW " your customers even if its something little like talking about mowing heights or the benifits of mulching or whatever,they are looking to you for opinions and advice because they think you are the professional so let them see that you really are.
Remember they can get any kid on the block to mow their lawn for 10 bucks but they called you so dont be afraid to quote a strong price and the worst thing that can happen is they say its too high and then you can say something like this.." Mr Smith i totally understand how you feel i am on a tight budget myself and to be honest with you i would love to earn your business and also get into this neighborhood so what would it take to earn your business today ? "
At this point he will give you his price and lets say your price was 50$ and he says i was thinking 40,now you say ill tell you what how about we split the difference and call it 45$...you can consider it a done deal because you will close this customer.
Trust me guys i have been a salesman for years and nothing closes a deal quicker then when you make the customer think that you feel his pain or that you have sympathy for his concerns. Dont be all about yourself or your company build raport and talk about him and his family or if you see a boat in his drive way become a fisherman,my point is find something in common with your customer and you should close atleast 75% of all your deals. If you dont then you are only selling your products or your business and you are not selling yourself first!! Ok THATS MY SALES LESSON FOR TODAY...LOL

Whitey4
02-26-2008, 11:53 PM
Glad to hear it's going well, bigw, but if these customers aren't very spread out... and they compare prices... well, it's a potential can of worms. As much as I don't like lowballing, I think being overpriced has it's pitfalls too. When you get future referrals, you will have to double check who recommended you, and make sure your price is at least in the ballpark of what the referring customer is paying.

I do vary my estimates, but I keep them within 20% of each other. That way, I can always find a way to explain the difference. Try that with a price that might be doubled.... just something you might want to give some more thought to.

stevenf
02-26-2008, 11:57 PM
So what do you say to the people who say "Let me talk to my husband" or "let me think about it". Seems like I cant just openly say,"what is there to think about????"

Side note: Congradulations on your business! Glad to see everything is working out for you.

RickR1818
02-27-2008, 12:04 AM
Would like to know what your stats are for your mailer? How many total calls?

bigw
02-27-2008, 12:05 AM
Glad to hear it's going well, bigw, but if these customers aren't very spread out... and they compare prices... well, it's a potential can of worms. As much as I don't like lowballing, I think being overpriced has it's pitfalls too. When you get future referrals, you will have to double check who recommended you, and make sure your price is at least in the ballpark of what the referring customer is paying.

I do vary my estimates, but I keep them within 20% of each other. That way, I can always find a way to explain the difference. Try that with a price that might be doubled.... just something you might want to give some more thought to.

I fully understand your point and dont get me wrong my prices are not that far apart and i seriously am not worried about my customers comparing their prices with some guy 3 miles away, any customers in the same neiborhood would be very competive priced.
Even if someone did compare their price i am good enough at sales to justify why their 1/4 acre is 40 and the other was 30..their is always things like " hills , surface area , fenced gates , trees to mow around, more or less weed trimming, more or less edging , i could go on and on. I mean come on that should be so easy to overcome if one of your customers ever says why is joe blows lawn cheaper then mine? I mean if someone cant overcome a simple objection like that then they need to go to sales 101 classes!! This is a service not a product, do you think any 2 plumbers would be within 20$ of each other..no way! I have absolutely no worries at all about this ever happening to me and if it does i will handle it with ease and then proceed to sell them a fall cleanup before i leave.

Raven386
02-27-2008, 12:07 AM
congrats on expanding your business this year bigw! :clapping:

bigw
02-27-2008, 12:15 AM
Would like to know what your stats are for your mailer? How many total calls?

well i closed 3 more deals today so as of right now from my mailers i have gotten 18 phone calls and have closed 15 deals but i have 2 estimates tomorrow morning that i have not gone to yet so that # could get better or worse.

Raven386
02-27-2008, 12:18 AM
people are going to get sick of seeing vintage lawn care promos... but thats always a good thing, the more they see it the more they will remember it.

bigw
02-27-2008, 12:30 AM
So what do you say to the people who say "Let me talk to my husband" or "let me think about it". Seems like I cant just openly say,"what is there to think about????"

Side note: Congradulations on your business! Glad to see everything is working out for you.

I never said say { what is their to think about.}..that would be rude and stupid and surely lose you the deal. I have had that happen just yesterday and millions of times in the car business.
I will give you some advice, when a person says i have to talk to my wife or my husband it is because you have not made the benifits of your company out weigh the price and thats the truth, that is nothing more then an objection to price because you didnt convince them that what they were paying for was worth the price you quoted and more then likely you will never hear from them again.
I would simply say something like this and it wont work all the time but it will work alot of the time and if it dont then nothing would change their mind anyway and then you just move on.... " John i understand you'd like to talk to you wife first i mean my wife is the same way but i am really looking to get into this neighborhood so why dont you tell me what you would consider a fair price and ill be totally honest with you if i can do it i will and if not then thats fine too." Now at this point you just put the ball in his court,he feels he has all control and he shoots you a number,now he will come in somewhere close enough to your price that you can do one of 2 things..1 say thats fine or 2 bump him 5 bucks and close the deal. See the customer always wants to feel like he has won so you have to make him feel like he did.
Think about all the times you ever went and bought something and you left feeling like you just made a great deal,well guess what no you didnt you just felt like you did and that is sales!!

EJD Lawnpride
02-27-2008, 12:33 AM
So how many customers do you have now?

bigw
02-27-2008, 12:37 AM
people are going to get sick of seeing vintage lawn care promos... but thats always a good thing, the more they see it the more they will remember it.

Exactly , i even got 2 emails from my post cards today. I put my website address on my post cards and they went to my website and emailed me from their and i know its true because the email comes from my site. I thought that was way cool! here is one of the emails i got today

David,

Re: Lawncare services for:***** Circle, Chalfont

I would like to get an estimate for the following services:

1. Lawn cutting
2. Spring edging and mulching
3. Weed control/fertilizing program
4. Bush trimming (once with spring mulching and once again when needed around the end of June)
5. Fall clean-up as needed.

Thanks Mark *********

Raven386
02-27-2008, 12:38 AM
awesome! i got a few call for snow plowing from the site.... thats about it though...

bigw
02-27-2008, 12:41 AM
So how many customers do you have now?

Well dont laugh because remember this will be my first season and a week and a half ago i only had 2 and now after running my add and mailing my post cards which just came in the mail to people yesterday i now have 17 weekly accounts and 2 estimates for tomorrow morning so hopefully 19 after tomorrow morning!

Raven386
02-27-2008, 12:43 AM
why would someone laugh? you have taken an intiative to get #$@T done and it has worked out in your advantage big time! you went from 0 - 17 customers before the season even started. thats pretty good in my book. and its not even spring yet! just imagine when spring comes along and more people start thinking about their lawns and landscapes!

bigw
02-27-2008, 12:43 AM
awesome! i got a few call for snow plowing from the site.... thats about it though...

Thats funny that you say that because i actually got a call today from a lady that got one of my cards for lawn care and she asked me to give her a price for snow plowing for NEXT year lol...i gave it to her and got the job though lol.
I did try like hell to upsell her on lawn care but she didnt bite.

bigw
02-27-2008, 12:44 AM
why would someone laugh? you have taken an intiative to get #$@T done and it has worked out in your advantage big time! you went from 0 - 17 customers before the season even started. thats pretty good in my book. and its not even spring yet! just imagine when spring comes along and more people start thinking about their lawns and landscapes!

Have you met some of the people that haunt this website lol

Raven386
02-27-2008, 12:46 AM
thats true, well to keep in line with typical lawnsite posts. . . 17 lawns, why bother! get a real job! do you have ins? do you knwo what your doing? blah blah blah?!!!! :laugh::laugh:

barefeetny
02-27-2008, 12:47 AM
Big W

when you talked about your background in sales i thought ok he will close...
you did your homework on anything you didn't know and i am glad for you man
Give them a little more then you promised and within a few you won't have to sell as hard...you know how repeat buisness goes..... refferal buisness is even better

congrats on a succesful start....Remember to save a spot for that high paying, brochure property job that calls in april....

as for "people are going to get sick of seeing vintage lawn care promos"...all joking aside Its amazing how a logo or number or tagline will stick and resonate with people....People see me in my polo shirt with the logo and say I saw your truck.... its the one with the two huge black feet painted on the side..Its just odd enough to be easy to remember...

heres a little test 8-7-7-3-5-3-4-4-4-8

I bet anyone in the tri state area knows exactly what those numbers mean...

once again lock em down BIG W

Raven386
02-27-2008, 12:49 AM
Big W

when you talked about your background in sales i thought ok he will close...
you did your homework on anything you didn't know and i am glad for you man
Give them a little more then you promised and within a few you won't have to sell as hard...you know how repeat buisness goes..... refferal buisness is even better

congrats on a succesful start....Remember to save a spot for that high paying, brochure property job that calls in april....

as for "people are going to get sick of seeing vintage lawn care promos"...all joking aside Its amazing how a logo or number or tagline will stick and resonate with people....People see me in my polo shirt with the logo and say I saw your truck.... its the one with the two huge black feet painted on the side..Its just odd enough to be easy to remember...

heres a little test 8-7-7-3-5-3-4-4-4-8

I bet anyone in the tri state area knows exactly what those numbers mean...

once again lock em down BIG W

I dont! :confused:

stevenf
02-27-2008, 01:04 AM
What if it really is up to there husband? Then you lowballed yourself for no reason it seems.

bigw
02-27-2008, 01:06 AM
thats true, well to keep in line with typical lawnsite posts. . . 17 lawns, why bother! get a real job! do you have ins? do you knwo what your doing? blah blah blah?!!!! :laugh::laugh:

lmao.....you forgot i bet you low balled every lawn, do you have a business plan, learn to mow before you worry about what wb you need, are you in debt? I used a pair of old scissors and rode my bike when i first started why do you need all this new crap? lmao!:weightlifter:

barefeetny
02-27-2008, 01:11 AM
Steven

none likes to leave money on the table... but 5 dollars 20 times is 100 bucks

sell them mulch they never had and you made up the diffrence plus the account... charge them 10 dollars more to snowplow.....since your allready their guy

don't cheat yourself.and i'm not condoning lowballing.. but after a few years in buisness... you can demand what you want...if they won't pay... then whatever i have enough customers find another lco.... plus if he does a knock out job with the lawn and develops some rapport with the customers.. he can raise prices and sell ketchup popscicles to a woman wearing white gloves...

just my .02

I'm getting pickier and pickier every year...

Raven386
02-27-2008, 01:12 AM
so whats the number mean... its late im not catching on here...

barefeetny
02-27-2008, 01:15 AM
vio digital cable ... its a fat rapping hispanic guy wearing bling

lots of dancing girls... water tubing....salsa beat

like the worst commercial ever
but you remember the stupid number

bigw
02-27-2008, 01:15 AM
What if it really is up to there husband? Then you lowballed yourself for no reason it seems.

yeah ok you keep believing that, that may be true 1 out of 10 x but trust me the wife has as much say in the price of that lawn as the husband does and trust me if she wasnt ready to pull the trigger at the right price she wouldnt have called you while her husband wasnt home. Do you think you are just another pretty face that she wanted to see today? Do you really think the husband and her didnt talk about what they were willing to pay before you even got called ?? The next time your customer tells you " thanks ill talk to my husband" just remember Big w and TRY something new and do what i said and see how you make out!

Raven386
02-27-2008, 01:18 AM
vio digital cable ... its a fat rapping hispanic guy wearing bling

lots of dancing girls... water tubing....salsa beat

like the worst commercial ever
but you remember the stupid number

crap now i cant stop singing it! i hate that commercial!!!!!

growitmowitlawncare
02-27-2008, 01:36 AM
How much did the postcards cost and how did you get them sent out? I need to do some more marketing in my area.

Carolina Cuts
02-27-2008, 08:09 AM
try to pay attention to your return. The AVERAGE is 1 call for every 100 flyers... 2 calls if it's a good flyer... 3 calls if you're working for free. :o)

I pay attention to this every year. Fortunately, I'm skipping post card distribution this season... landed 3 commercials, keeping my 40 resi's... don't wanna grow to fast.

G'luck with the calls.

EJD Lawnpride
02-27-2008, 09:11 AM
It's great that your getting customers this early in the season. I just remember hearing of all the equipment you bought and it seemed like a lot. I thought you might of had 35 already and trying to get 40+ more. You might have more equipment than me and i've been doing this for four years now. Good luck to you,and keep with your prices. How is the fert. side coming? My buddy had three people cancel him, local guy does both mow and fert. ,so one bill for the customer. We will join up to offer billing by one company,and take that scrub low baller out! I mean really low. Anyway,have fun this year,sound like your on the right track

Dynamic
02-27-2008, 09:56 AM
BigW, can you post a copy of your post card??

larryinalabama
02-27-2008, 09:56 AM
Vintage, I wanna see some pics of your equiptment covered in grass and mud.

DreamtheGreen
02-27-2008, 11:56 AM
BigW, can you post a copy of your post card??

Ya, lets see your Postcard your sending out and getting all the hype about.

DiGiTLawncare
02-27-2008, 12:18 PM
Why do yall doubt this guy? Because he has picked up more yards than many of you guys in a year? Who cares if he has more equipment than you do and he is starting out. He is prepared and he is making the work be there. Good work on your success so far. I have got 10,000 flyers going out March 10th then about 15-20,000 more within a month after that. I hope my response rate is a good as yours. Good Luck this season I will be keeping up with your progress.

EJD Lawnpride
02-27-2008, 12:35 PM
Why do yall doubt this guy? Because he has picked up more yards than many of you guys in a year? Who cares if he has more equipment than you do and he is starting out. He is prepared and he is making the work be there. Good work on your success so far. I have got 10,000 flyers going out March 10th then about 15-20,000 more within a month after that. I hope my response rate is a good as yours. Good Luck this season I will be keeping up with your progress.

Personally I don't care about how much euipment he has just starting out,my stuff is all paid for! No debt, just profit this year!

barefeetny
02-27-2008, 02:09 PM
while my plan is diffrent then big Ws he has worked hard and stuck to his buisness plan. Even me the staunchest anti financing/no payments chairman of the board has been swayed to see that in certian cases... you can overcome monthly payments.... you just need the work....

what he's lacking in his landscaping experience he is making up for with his prior background in sales....

if he fills his schedule and the economy and the climate holds... i think he could easily pay himself a fair wage and even turn a little profit for the buisness this year...For a first year startup what else could you hope for..

i don't doubt that he will make it....His equitment will be as used as the rest of ours if he keeps selling...

but i too want to see all that fancy equitment covered in mud and clippings....

take a pic Big before you hose it off...

bigw
02-29-2008, 11:56 AM
Personally I don't care about how much euipment he has just starting out,my stuff is all paid for! No debt, just profit this year!

Not that it matters but my equipment is all paid for also,well i have about a 3,000 debt over 36 mos but i will be paying that off come june 1st.

CharlotteOutdoorImpact
02-29-2008, 12:35 PM
BigW,

Can you post a copy of the postcard your using or at least discuss it some more.....I am in the process of designing one and if yours is working, I would like to know what you have done and include some of your ideas in mine..

Did you purchase a mailing list? If so what company did you use

What does 10,000 cost for printing and what is the total cost for mailing?

What size did you choose....did you get glossy and uv finish?

Thanks and good luck to you..

COI

Sweet Tater
02-29-2008, 02:14 PM
well i closed 3 more deals today so as of right now from my mailers i have gotten 18 phone calls and have closed 15 deals but i have 2 estimates tomorrow morning that i have not gone to yet so that # could get better or worse.

Nice, this will be your first year right? Great start.

dave k
02-29-2008, 02:47 PM
Whats it look like?

Dynamic
02-29-2008, 03:13 PM
BigW, I am not here to critize your post card but with all of these accounts and postitive feed back why are you not posting it. If it so great, which I am sure it is why not? People have asked on here a few times already but still nothing.

flattoplawncare
02-29-2008, 03:27 PM
Hey Big, Lets see that post card you are a hot topic!

bigw
02-29-2008, 04:04 PM
omg whats the big deal about my post card, what it looks like is not what is important its what is printed on the card that matters. I did try to post a picture of my card but i cant get a good picture because my camera is messed up and it keeps coming up blury.I also tried to copy it from the site i bought it from but it wont allow that.
Any way its just your normal card with the things that i offer and a few other things that i thought might catch some intrest. Lets just say remember back when i talked about " catering to senior citizens " and 80% of you guys poked fun at me and said i was retarted { basically thats what you said } because they were such pita's.

Well lets just say my card has found alot of those so called pita's and like i said to you guys back then 80% of all the money in your town belongs to those pita's...now are all my calls from senior citizens no but id say half are easy and have any of them been a pita not really once you sit down and hold a conversation with them.
One thing you guys that bashed me for this approach has to understand is that these old folks just want to be heard out and feel appreciated and if you can make them feel like you care about their feelings and that you aint just another guy trying to take their money they are pretty easy to close.

Now you can believe this part or not but i ran an add on my post card for 50% off of snow plowing for ''all of next year" for any senior and for my first 50 new lawn accounts if they signed up for lawn care this year.
Well i guess now you are thinking thats how he did it,he got them by offering such a big discount but 2 things...1 = 50% off is whatever i decide my original price would have been so a drive way that say i would normally charge 50$ for maybe now i call it 60 and then 50 % of that is 30 so i lose 20 bucks instead of 30 right?

Well for anyone that plows you know even 30 bucks for a 2 car drive way is still a great profit...it takes 1-2 mintues to do this job. Ok lets get to the # 2 point.. SO far only 1 person has even asked me about or taken me up for the snow plowing and not one has asked for any discount because they are not using my snow plowing offer,so their goes that theory!
I will tell you what i believe is helping my card in a seperate post and then you can all be your own judges and do what you want with my advice.I know im not the most expiernced one here when it comes to this line of work but id put my marketing and sales skills up agaisnt anyone that visits these boards. I will also help anyone that would like to call me with some good tips for their cards or marketing ideas..267-221-6117 see i am a nice guy after all .

bigw
02-29-2008, 04:17 PM
ok here is the card, i think i got some good shots!!you will see its nothing special.

bigw
02-29-2008, 04:32 PM
By the way wait till you see my new post card which by the way just came today, this will get an even better response i believe because it will instill my logo into their mind and anyone that has seen my truck or trailer in my town the past few months will know right away who this is and put 2 and 2 together.
I believe this strategy is genious in a couple of ways,,1 its a life size business card, 2...it will bring to life my logo so the next time they pass my truck they will say " hey thats that logo we got in the mail".
3...my logo is classy and 100% different then your normal lawn care logo which everyone use's, you know the " tree or grass typical dime a dozen logo's that so many use" Why everyone goes with these boring logo's is beyond me, your logo should catch the eye and draw people to it and then when that happens you have a better shot.
If you only knew the amount of people that tell me all the time how they are drawn to my logo on my truck you would die and that was the idea behind my logo. Look i am not trying to sound conceited or anything i am just giving some advice for anyone that wants it and can dare to be different. Remember one thing guys their are 100"s of the typical LCOS in your area..what will make your customers be attracted to your company?

flattoplawncare
02-29-2008, 04:49 PM
Looks great!! Thank you for the great advise

Uranus
02-29-2008, 04:53 PM
WHO MADE THEM FOR YOU?

Great start. Hope you do well.

bigw
02-29-2008, 04:59 PM
WHO MADE THEM FOR YOU?

Great start. Hope you do well.

http://www.printsmadeeasy.com/

avjohnson
02-29-2008, 05:06 PM
Pure genius!

Smith Lawn & Landscaping
02-29-2008, 06:41 PM
Big W i talked to you on the phone (Brandon) the other day about those post cards. And you gave me some really good info. I went on the website and decided to try it. There are creating me some post cards as we speak. Im gona try those and let you know how they did. thanks again A+LAWN CARE..

Dynamic
02-29-2008, 08:16 PM
Big W, glad to see you got the post card pics posted. They are great, no reason you shouldn't do well with those. By the way, never be nervous about what people say on here, I think 60% of the users on here are monkeys that just want to put people down and come grass season they will still be on here in the middle of the day because they have no work. Again great job!!!

Dynamic
02-29-2008, 08:28 PM
Here is my post card, I think, I really am unsure how to post pics but this is first try. Tell me what you think BigW and everyone else.

bigw
02-29-2008, 10:03 PM
Big W i talked to you on the phone (Brandon) the other day about those post cards. And you gave me some really good info. I went on the website and decided to try it. There are creating me some post cards as we speak. Im gona try those and let you know how they did. thanks again A+LAWN CARE..

no problem buddy and i hope you the best!

bigw
02-29-2008, 10:04 PM
Here is my post card, I think, I really am unsure how to post pics but this is first try. Tell me what you think BigW and everyone else.

whats the back look like?

Dynamic
02-29-2008, 10:18 PM
Its actually on HP post card paper which doesn't give you an opportunity to print on the back. Overall on the front????

bigw
02-29-2008, 10:22 PM
Its actually on HP post card paper which doesn't give you an opportunity to print on the back. Overall on the front????

well in my honest opinion if you havent had these all printed yet i would not do it, i think you need something on the back like a good add or something to catch their intrest. It may work fine though because it does look good.

customcurbdesigns
02-29-2008, 10:54 PM
my honest opinion, that post card hurts my eyes. Its SOOO busy ...I think the back looks good but the front is hard on the eyes and I am only 24 so its not like I have bad vision. Just seems like soo much info , colors etc going on.

I guess if its working, keep using it, Just giving you my opinion.

Great job on the work though, keep it up.

bigw
02-29-2008, 11:00 PM
my honest opinion, that post card hurts my eyes. Its SOOO busy ...I think the back looks good but the front is hard on the eyes and I am only 24 so its not like I have bad vision. Just seems like soo much info , colors etc going on.

I guess if its working, keep using it, Just giving you my opinion.

Great job on the work though, keep it up.

yeah after i made the card and already had it printed i thought maybe it was too busy also but in your hand its really not and the response has been great so far.
When i have been going to these house's i see my post card on their tables and so far everyone has really complimented me on how good they are so no offense its not you or anyone else on here i am trying to impress its the people buying my service's and its working for them.

customcurbdesigns
02-29-2008, 11:09 PM
yeah after i made the card and already had it printed i thought maybe it was too busy also but in your hand its really not and the response has been great so far.
When i have been going to these house's i see my post card on their tables and so far everyone has really complimented me on how good they are so no offense its not you or anyone else on here i am trying to impress its the people buying my service's and its working for them.

I know, thats why I said that if its working, use it...

It might look better in person..Its hard to tell online..

stevenf
03-01-2008, 02:15 AM
When i have been going to these house's i see my post card on their tables

How often do people invite you in??????

bigw
03-01-2008, 07:39 AM
How often do people invite you in??????

usally everytime since its like 30 deg here lol

Wells
03-01-2008, 11:15 AM
My postcard has been kicking ACE,

As you guys know i had 10,000 post cards made and i mailed them this past saturday and so far my phone has been ringing off the wall.

as of right now from my mailers i have gotten 18 phone calls and have closed 15 deals

Congrats on moving forward with your business plan and landing more customers, glad to hear you phone is ringing and the postcards are working.

I ran the numbers on your postcards to check the return rate (keeping in mind that 2% - 4% is the typical average for marketing material) and 10,000 postcards with 19 callers works out to be 0.19% return rate.

According to the typical marketing return average you should have received a minimum of 200 calls from your postcards.

Hopefully people will hang on to the postcards and call you as the weather starts to warm up a little more, keep up the good work and all should be well.

DiGiTLawncare
03-01-2008, 12:10 PM
I would say 1% on average for marketing such as this. With him still having colder weather it could hurt that even more. He is doing good though. No sense in getting 100 calls in one day. You would have some ticked off people as I would think that would be quite hard to manage without a full time staff helping you out. I have got 30,000 flyers going out in the local newspaper and I will be happy with between 100-150 calls. More than that I might be a little overwhelmed. But I am doing them in 10,000 increments so I can hold off if need be.

ProStreetCamaro
03-01-2008, 02:22 PM
Hey BigW I hope you dont mind but I used your idea and basic layout to make up some of my own. I am going to wait till my fiance gets home to look it over before I place my order because she is in BIG sales herself and is awsome with stuff like this. She works for NACR and sells phone systems to big business along with ip office and a bunch of other stuff and has her business degree.

EDIT: We are all in the wrong business doing this stuff. For example she is working on a large sale down in the carolinas and if she gets the sale her profit will be right at $200,000. That does not include all the other smaller sales through out the year. Makes me sick to think about it.

But anyway let me know what you guys think about this one.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/prostreetcamaro/P1040537.jpg

EJD Lawnpride
03-01-2008, 02:38 PM
I would use a different picture, the water meter is awful.

ProStreetCamaro
03-01-2008, 02:42 PM
I would use a different picture, the water meter is awful.

Yeah I noticed that to. Im not sure if I have any better pictures or not. I will have to search through my external hard drive and see if I have some better pictures.

EJD Lawnpride
03-01-2008, 03:53 PM
What's the cost for sending out 10,000? Do they do fliers? If so it may or may not be cheaper to have flier inserted in newspaper?

ProStreetCamaro
03-01-2008, 08:00 PM
Quick question guys. How in the heck do you get all the addresses you want to mail to? I certainly dont want to just randomly mail and have townhouses and apartments or low income areas receive my post cards. Is there a way to get addresses of certain areas?

Fresh Cut 518
03-01-2008, 10:57 PM
Is there still snow on the ground in Montgomery co PA?

EJD Lawnpride
03-01-2008, 10:59 PM
Not really. Maybe here and there in flowerbeds.

bigw
03-02-2008, 10:32 PM
Congrats on moving forward with your business plan and landing more customers, glad to hear you phone is ringing and the postcards are working.

I ran the numbers on your postcards to check the return rate (keeping in mind that 2% - 4% is the typical average for marketing material) and 10,000 postcards with 19 callers works out to be 0.19% return rate.

According to the typical marketing return average you should have received a minimum of 200 calls from your postcards.

Hopefully people will hang on to the postcards and call you as the weather starts to warm up a little more, keep up the good work and all should be well.

lmao this was after 3 days of my post card landing in the mail boxes!!

THRIFTY
03-02-2008, 11:05 PM
Are you still receiving calls???

CharlotteOutdoorImpact
03-02-2008, 11:08 PM
I would like to know what is a good price for doing a direct mailer of 5,000 to 10,000 postcards or flyers that are folded and taped...

Thanks

bigw
03-02-2008, 11:08 PM
Are you still receiving calls???

yes none today as it is sunday but i did get 2 calls yesterday and about 3-4 on friday. Some calls i simply turned away for certain reasons like one lady just wanted me to take her on for snow plowing next year and to be honest i have more snow plowing accounts then i can keep up with already.

bigw
03-02-2008, 11:10 PM
I would like to know what is a good price for doing a direct mailer of 5,000 to 10,000 postcards or flyers that are folded and taped...

Thanks

10,000 will run you between 3200-4000 and that includes address's, labels,postage and 2 sided UV coated 16 pt stock cards

bigw
03-02-2008, 11:14 PM
Hey BigW I hope you dont mind but I used your idea and basic layout to make up some of my own. I am going to wait till my fiance gets home to look it over before I place my order because she is in BIG sales herself and is awsome with stuff like this. She works for NACR and sells phone systems to big business along with ip office and a bunch of other stuff and has her business degree.

EDIT: We are all in the wrong business doing this stuff. For example she is working on a large sale down in the carolinas and if she gets the sale her profit will be right at $200,000. That does not include all the other smaller sales through out the year. Makes me sick to think about it.

But anyway let me know what you guys think about this one.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/prostreetcamaro/P1040537.jpg

Lmao i just noticed the resemblance, not a problem at all i hope it brings you good luck just like it has me. Just remember the card gets the call, the salesman close's the deal. Dont just go and give a price build some raport first and if you dont know what i mean just ask your wife she will tell you just how right i am.

ALarsh
03-02-2008, 11:44 PM
Did you label all of the cards yourself? It looks like you printed the addresses off on label inserts and bought pre-canceled stamps?? Is that right?
Where did you get your addresses from?

What did you pay for postage?

bill8379
03-02-2008, 11:44 PM
That is one ugly post card.

bigw
03-02-2008, 11:48 PM
Did you label all of the cards yourself? It looks like you printed the addresses off on label inserts and bought pre-canceled stamps?? Is that right?
Where did you get your addresses from?

What did you pay for postage?

The labels came pre printed with my address's..i did put all 10k on myself. The stamps i bought {post card stamps} what the heck are pre canceld stamps? stamps were 26 cnts each. The reason that stamp has the post mark over it already is because i mailed it to myself to see when they would land. Address's came from USADATA

ALarsh
03-02-2008, 11:53 PM
Do you have a bulk mail permit? Did you purchase the stamps from the post office or where?

bigw
03-02-2008, 11:57 PM
Do you have a bulk mail permit? Did you purchase the stamps from the post office or where?

post office, you have to be careful with the bulk mail permits,my post carrier said bulk mail permits make the cards go out as basically junk mail and you are chancing them not getting to their destination {his words} the post card stamps make them go first class.

ALarsh
03-02-2008, 11:59 PM
My post office told me I have to purchase a bulk mail permit to get the discounted pricing. If I didn't I would be paying the 41 cents a piece.

What did you tell them you wanted when you walked up to the counter?

bigw
03-03-2008, 12:11 AM
My post office told me I have to purchase a bulk mail permit to get the discounted pricing. If I didn't I would be paying the 41 cents a piece.

well maybe your cards are too big, mine were 4x6. If you are using 5x8's then yes they will be 41 cents.

lhenryp1
03-03-2008, 12:57 AM
Guys,

Those cards are too busy! Look at some from the mail house I use. They do all of my printing, labelling, mailing for me http://www.postcardmania.com/library/lnd/

You want clean looking, easy to read cards.

bigw
03-03-2008, 01:07 AM
Guys,

Those cards are too busy! Look at some from the mail house I use. They do all of my printing, labelling, mailing for me http://www.postcardmania.com/library/lnd/

You want clean looking, easy to read cards.

Thanks but no thanks my cards are doing just fine for me!

schunklawn
03-03-2008, 01:39 PM
hey bigw. just curious...you seem to know a lot about marketing and running a lawn care business. How long have you been in business?

No Bunk Lawn Care

DiGiTLawncare
03-03-2008, 04:45 PM
He does not admit to knowing a lot about lawncare... just marketing. Which he does seem to be effectivly doing. Props to him. He likes his post cards and they are working. Period.

--Don

ALarsh
03-03-2008, 08:39 PM
You call a .19% working? They aren't exactly working... YET.

bigw
03-03-2008, 09:03 PM
You call a .19% working? They aren't exactly working... YET.

well considering its been a whole 7 days now and i am now at 25 closed accounts along with 13 spring clean ups, 5 mulch jobs and 3 new flower bed installs and its been 30 degrees here {except today 60 deg :weightlifter:} id say its doing pretty good so far! I dont care what the rate should be all i care about is whats my closing ratio and i think that out weighs your 19%.

IndyChad
03-03-2008, 09:08 PM
I agree. The closing rate is what matters. What good is it to have 500 calls if you can't close a deal. Good job Big W. It doesn't matter how good someone is doing there are always people out there that try and bring you down. Just plug the ears.

bigw
03-03-2008, 09:11 PM
hey bigw. just curious...you seem to know a lot about marketing and running a lawn care business. How long have you been in business?

No Bunk Lawn Care

never claimed to know jack about lawn care but i do know how to run a business and i dam sure know how to sell so with that in mind this is my first year.

bigw
03-03-2008, 09:12 PM
I agree. The closing rate is what matters. What good is it to have 500 calls if you can't close a deal. Good job Big W. It doesn't matter how good someone is doing there are always people out there that try and bring you down. Just plug the ears.

Thanks buddy i know the feeling.

ProStreetCamaro
03-03-2008, 09:16 PM
10,000 glossy 4X6 are $330 plus what .24 per card to mail? Thats roughly $2,730 you spent on your first 10,000 cards. If you mailed them all out yourself then you spent an extra $120 or so to have them shipped to you first possibly more depending on your shipping options.

You have alot invested in this venture and some will say that your return is low but if you think about it 25+ extra lawns a week at an average of lets say $30 and you have already more than made up your initial expense in your first month. Then they become pure profit after that. Not to bad really!

BTW I just redid mine and had my fiance go over it and placed an order for 5,000. I am looking to pick up an extra 15 or so on top of the 70 my father and I already do.

ALarsh
03-03-2008, 09:44 PM
Not trying to bring you down Big W at all - just posting the reality of it. I close about 80% of the calls.

TNT LawnCare Inc.
03-03-2008, 09:55 PM
well considering its been a whole 7 days now and i am now at 25 closed accounts along with 13 spring clean ups, 5 mulch jobs and 3 new flower bed installs and its been 30 degrees here {except today 60 deg :weightlifter:} id say its doing pretty good so far! I dont care what the rate should be all i care about is whats my closing ratio and i think that out weighs your 19%.

Hats off to you BIGW :) 25 closed accounts is great. Your getting work and thats the bottom line ! those 25 can turn into 25 more just by word of Mouth . if there an average 35-40 bucks a visit thats about 875-1000 a week for those accounts alone. 21-25 visits due the math guys his money was well spent !:waving:

bigw
03-03-2008, 10:12 PM
10,000 glossy 4X6 are $330 plus what .24 per card to mail? Thats roughly $2,730 you spent on your first 10,000 cards. If you mailed them all out yourself then you spent an extra $120 or so to have them shipped to you first possibly more depending on your shipping options.

You have alot invested in this venture and some will say that your return is low but if you think about it 25+ extra lawns a week at an average of lets say $30 and you have already more than made up your initial expense in your first month. Then they become pure profit after that. Not to bad really!

BTW I just redid mine and had my fiance go over it and placed an order for 5,000. I am looking to pick up an extra 15 or so on top of the 70 my father and I already do.

You can rasie that average per lawn to $47.40 :usflag:

bigw
03-03-2008, 10:15 PM
Hats off to you BIGW :) 25 closed accounts is great. Your getting work and thats the bottom line ! those 25 can turn into 25 more just by word of Mouth . if there an average 35-40 bucks a visit thats about 875-1000 a week for those accounts alone. 21-25 visits due the math guys his money was well spent !:waving:

Thanks its still going strong also,i just signed up another 60.00 account today along with a 350.00 spring clean up!

ProStreetCamaro
03-03-2008, 10:22 PM
You can rasie that average per lawn to $47.40 :usflag:

I find it amazing how things work. You live in pa and lets face it pa is a cheap place to live. I live in one of the highest cost of living areas in the US just one state belowe you and we can barely get somebody to pay $25 to $30 per cut because every illegal is passing out $20 per cut flyers.

The average house on 1/4 acre of property around here in just average shape goes for $600,000 and the prices go up from there. There are tons of high paying jobs in this area etc etc but the lawn guys get the shaft. My ex fiance just bought a nice house in lancaster for $80,000.

Come on somethings not right! :cry:

bigw
03-03-2008, 10:27 PM
I find it amazing how things work. You live in pa and lets face it pa is a cheap place to live. I live in one of the highest cost of living areas in the US just one state belowe you and we can barely get somebody to pay $25 to $30 per cut because every illegal is passing out $20 per cut flyers.

The average house on 1/4 acre of property around here in just average shape goes for $600,000 and the prices go up from there. There are tons of high paying jobs in this area etc etc but the lawn guys get the shaft. My ex fiance just bought a nice house in lancaster for $80,000.

Come on somethings not right! :cry:

Thats why they cant afford to pay the lawn guys, their broke from being house poor!

EJD Lawnpride
03-03-2008, 10:33 PM
That's a great avg. Big W. I might have to move to your area. I'm only 20 min. away, and the avg. lawn is $35. I would love to have those mulch and spring clean up lined up already. I have 150 customers right now and they need to start calling. I hope my newsletter that goes out tomorrow will get them to call!

bigw
03-03-2008, 10:58 PM
That's a great avg. Big W. I might have to move to your area. I'm only 20 min. away, and the avg. lawn is $35. I would love to have those mulch and spring clean up lined up already. I have 150 customers right now and they need to start calling. I hope my newsletter that goes out tomorrow will get them to call!

Well i dont know what the average lawn goes for here and i really dont care either because i dont let what others charge affect what i charge. I sell totally different from most Lco's so thats the difference. You see you already have a pre set price in your mind when you see that 1/4 acre and i dont.

I dont even think about the price till many other factors come into play. I have no problem in giving you some very good sales techniques if you ever want to call me,i know im not the expert { yet } in this business but like i said before i'll put my sale's skill's and my closing ratio up agaisnt any one.
You can either be like some on here and talk a bunch of smack to me or you can be like a few that actually do call me and take my advice!! 267-221-6117

Weekes
03-03-2008, 11:13 PM

Why not deliver it! I mean no disrespect, but you have 150 clients and you are waiting for them to call you? Maybe you've tried going and visiting them before and it did not work, but this time of year what else is there to do. Someone is probably standing on their doorstep winning them over right now. It might even be Big W.

From my experience I use this time to go talk to each one and up sell them on services this year. It works I have increased my services for many of my return clients this year already.

bigw
03-04-2008, 12:10 AM
Why not deliver it! I mean no disrespect, but you have 150 clients and you are waiting for them to call you? Maybe you've tried going and visiting them before and it did not work, but this time of year what else is there to do. Someone is probably standing on their doorstep winning them over right now. It might even be Big W.

From my experience I use this time to go talk to each one and up sell them on services this year. It works I have increased my services for many of my return clients this year already.

Exactly right i will never mail any letter when it comes to any of my customers { besides the bill } nothing beats customer service and its much easier to sell when the customer is in front of you,besides what else are you doing that you cant take the time to meet them in person so you can go over all the benifits of what you are offering.
Think about when someone calls you or you get a letter how easy is it to just throw it away or say no over the phone compared to when you are face to face with someone,this is sale's 101.
Oh and dont go calling them to let them know you are coming either because they will just ask you why and then say no,just go when you think they are home and then they will think { wow this guy came all the way over just to see if our lawn was ok before the season starts } impress baby impress!!!

03-04-2008, 12:23 AM
BigW-
I think you have a good eye, and good ideas-- mind proofing this for me. (no idea where I got that one paragraph-- lol jk. Is it ok if I use that? )

Thanks- Steve

1 standard back:
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e281/livelifedaily/Image%20Property%20Service/Beautiful-lawn-postcard-back2.jpg
3 fronts: (gonna track responses)
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e281/livelifedaily/Image%20Property%20Service/PostCardFrontDogPromo2.jpg
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e281/livelifedaily/Image%20Property%20Service/PostCardFrontHouse.jpg
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e281/livelifedaily/Image%20Property%20Service/Beautiful-lawn-postcard-front.jpg
(BTW: that "A last pic will hopefully be goin on the rear window of my truck with that 'see through' vinyl)

bill8379
03-04-2008, 12:25 AM
Jeez, did that dog die? That was my first impression, lol.

bigw
03-04-2008, 12:30 AM
BigW-
I think you have a good eye, and good ideas-- mind proofing this for me. (no idea where I got that one paragraph-- lol jk. Is it ok if I use that? )

Thanks- Steve

1 standard back:
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e281/livelifedaily/Image%20Property%20Service/Beautiful-lawn-postcard-back2.jpg
3 fronts: (gonna track responses)
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e281/livelifedaily/Image%20Property%20Service/PostCardFrontDogPromo2.jpg
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e281/livelifedaily/Image%20Property%20Service/PostCardFrontHouse.jpg
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e281/livelifedaily/Image%20Property%20Service/Beautiful-lawn-postcard-front.jpg
(BTW: that "A last pic will hopefully be goin on the rear window of my truck with that 'see through' vinyl)

Looks really good but that fall discount is way to high,you will be kicking yourself in the butt when oct comes and you are making half of what you could be. Maybe lower it to like 20% and also you are giving away the first mow free?? No need for that!! LOOKS GREAT THOUGH. one thing ive found that my customers love is { A free estimate within 24hrs...trust me this flys!}

03-04-2008, 12:43 AM
Looks really good but that fall discount is way to high,you will be kicking yourself in the butt when oct comes and you are making half of what you could be. Maybe lower it to like 20% and also you are giving away the first mow free?? No need for that!! LOOKS GREAT THOUGH. one thing ive found that my customers love is { A free estimate within 24hrs...trust me this flys!}

Fall cleanup price-- Well its kindof like you said earlier-- they dont know what my base price is- and I am not giving a discount on the spring cleanup, Its a buy one get second one half price deal- so really 25% off each. Also- my service area is Fargo, and we have very few trees, fall cleanup is little more then a mowwing with a bagger, on most properties.

Thats also the same idea with spring cleanup-- spring cleanup really just is blowing any remaining leaves out from beds and under decks, and mowing with a dethatcher and bagger to pick everything up. Then edging driveways to make everything look nice. (there is not much landscape edging needed around here either, stuff is pretty plain, lol)

Here is a pic of an average service area
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e281/livelifedaily/GetMap.jpg

bigw
03-04-2008, 12:48 AM
Fall cleanup price-- Well its kindof like you said earlier-- they dont know what my base price is- and I am not giving a discount on the spring cleanup, Its a buy one get second one half price deal- so really 25% off each. Also- my service area is Fargo, and we have very few trees, fall cleanup is little more then a mowwing with a bagger, on most properties.

Thats also the same idea with spring cleanup-- spring cleanup really just is blowing any remaining leaves out from beds and under decks, and mowing with a dethatcher and bagger to pick everything up. Then edging driveways to make everything look nice. (there is not much landscape edging needed around here either, stuff is pretty plain, lol)

Here is a pic of an average service area
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e281/livelifedaily/GetMap.jpg

Ok that makes more sense,then i say go for it!!

bare spot
03-04-2008, 12:48 AM
or thirsty

bigw
03-04-2008, 12:49 AM
or thirsty

That dog is chillin in the lush thick lawn.

03-04-2008, 12:54 AM
post office, you have to be careful with the bulk mail permits,my post carrier said bulk mail permits make the cards go out as basically junk mail and you are chancing them not getting to their destination {his words} the post card stamps make them go first class.

The bulk mail guy at my local post office said every one of them get delivered just like normal. Only catch to bulk mail was that you have to do at least 200 or 250 items at a time.

I asked to speak to the Bulk Mail guy.

I talked to the post office about this. $175 application fee, $150 or 175$ annual fee. anyways about $350 the first year.

Using "Saturation" mailing I can mail to delivery routes, and must mail to 95% of addresses on that route, however I dont need to address them. All I have to do is ask the post office how many are needed for each route, and deliever them to the post office in baskets marked for each route, with the right number of postcards in each basket.

Granted the routes are not perfect, they all have a little mix of some businesses and apartments, but you can sit down with the bulk mail guy at the post office and chose the routes that will reach the most homeowners.

At the saturation rate it was $.11 each I believe, so 3500 cards to break even, but because of wasted cards to apartments- probally 5000 cards to break even. So this spring I will break even after buying the permit, but this fall I will save money when I do my snow removal postcard, and my fall cleanup post card. Also, It makes it cheap and easy to target a few routes often, just print up more fliers, or postcards, whatever your sending, and send them out to whole routes- most routes are 500-700 addresses- so $50-$70 for each "quick hit" of a neighborhood.

03-04-2008, 12:58 AM

ROFLMAS!! http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e281/livelifedaily/emoticons/roflmao.gif
That dog is chillin in the lush thick lawn.

Exactly!

bigw
03-04-2008, 01:03 AM
I talked to the post office about this. $175 application fee, $150 or 175$ annual fee. anyways about $350 the first year.

Using "Saturation" mailing I can mail to delivery routes, and must mail to 95% of addresses on that route, however I dont need to address them. All I have to do is ask the post office how many are needed for each route, and deliever them to the post office in baskets marked for each route, with the right number of postcards in each basket.

Granted the routes are not perfect, they all have a little mix of some businesses and apartments, but you can sit down with the bulk mail guy at the post office and chose the routes that will reach the most homeowners.

At the saturation rate it was $.11 each I believe, so 3500 cards to break even, but because of wasted cards to apartments- probally 5000 cards to break even. So this spring I will break even after buying the permit, but this fall I will save money when I do my snow removal postcard, and my fall cleanup post card. Also, It makes it cheap and easy to target a few routes often, just print up more fliers, or postcards, whatever your sending, and send them out to whole routes- most routes are 500-700 addresses- so $50-$70 for each "quick hit" of a neighborhood.

Just becareful because trust me their are way more condo's and apartments and renters then their are home owners in single homes on single properties like i mailed out! I would do alittle more home work on that,one apartment complex could wipe out over a thousand cards just like that!!!

03-04-2008, 01:26 AM
Just becareful because trust me their are way more condo's and apartments and renters then their are home owners in single homes on single properties like i mailed out! I would do alittle more home work on that,one apartment complex could wipe out over a thousand cards just like that!!!

Thats exactly why I talked with him and he said he could show me some routes that are almost completely residential. I will have to cherry pick routes. He also basically said they can be somewhat selective on who gets them, like they just tell the driver "hey only give these to houses" and they try thier best to help you.

ALarsh
03-04-2008, 06:51 PM
BIG W- How do you feel about your postcard size? It looks like you went with 4.25 x 6 to keep your costs lower, but do you think that size is large enough to make it worth ones while? Or would you rather go with a bigger size to be more noticeable if you had a larger budget? Or do you think thats wasted money?

americanlawn
03-04-2008, 07:47 PM
As you guys know i had 10,000 post cards made and i mailed them this past saturday and so far my phone has been ringing off the wall, i havent closed all the calls but id say im probably at about 85% right now and that is with very good price's and NO low balling at all.
What i find the most interesting is how for the past few months i stressed about pricing and would i be competitive and would i have to low ball just to get started.
Well what i found out is it dont matter what all you guys charge for a 1/4 acre or what other LCO'S in my neighborhood charge,i found out that a 1/4 acre could be 35$ or it could be 60$ it just depends on that gut feeling that you get while talking to your customer.
What one customer thinks is high another thinks its great,i have lawns of the same size's but totally different price's and they are all very happy with the price and thats the bottom line!
I think too many people { i was guilty myself } tend to worry so much about losing the deal that they give away their service's just to close the deal.
I say this to all new guys the next time you go to bid a job dont think about others price's,go to the house be confindent and professional take the price you had in your head when you pulled up and saw the property and then raise it 5-10 dollors and then say Dam i cant believe i just closed that deal at that price!!
It will happen but remember act professional and actually say some things that might actually " WOW " your customers even if its something little like talking about mowing heights or the benifits of mulching or whatever,they are looking to you for opinions and advice because they think you are the professional so let them see that you really are.
Remember they can get any kid on the block to mow their lawn for 10 bucks but they called you so dont be afraid to quote a strong price and the worst thing that can happen is they say its too high and then you can say something like this.." Mr Smith i totally understand how you feel i am on a tight budget myself and to be honest with you i would love to earn your business and also get into this neighborhood so what would it take to earn your business today ? "
At this point he will give you his price and lets say your price was 50$ and he says i was thinking 40,now you say ill tell you what how about we split the difference and call it 45$...you can consider it a done deal because you will close this customer.
Trust me guys i have been a salesman for years and nothing closes a deal quicker then when you make the customer think that you feel his pain or that you have sympathy for his concerns. Dont be all about yourself or your company build raport and talk about him and his family or if you see a boat in his drive way become a fisherman,my point is find something in common with your customer and you should close atleast 75% of all your deals. If you dont then you are only selling your products or your business and you are not selling yourself first!! Ok THATS MY SALES LESSON FOR TODAY...LOL

Glad for your success, but the LAST persons most folks around here want to see is a "salesman". Nothing personal (unless you're trying to sell to my parents).

bigw
03-05-2008, 01:26 AM
Glad for your success, but the LAST persons most folks around here want to see is a "salesman". Nothing personal (unless you're trying to sell to my parents).

Being a good salesman is not in your apperance or your dress,or your actions. They wouldnt no if i was a salesman or not the only thing they would know is that they somehow just agreed to pay me for my service,:cool2:sort of like a good poker player!

LawnsRUsInc.
03-05-2008, 09:33 AM
So vintage whats your total lawns at now or how many calls have you received.

schunklawn
03-05-2008, 02:49 PM
nice job bigW...that's a very high average (keeping that average with 100 accounts would be very nice)...good luck with your first lawn care season...we are all rooting for you!

No Bunk Lawn Care

grassyfras
12-03-2008, 11:57 PM
So how is this season going? How did it end for you?

larryinalabama
12-04-2008, 07:02 AM
So how is this season going? How did it end for you?

We havent seen BIGW in a while on here

A couple of months ago he said he had a great year

Dave_005
12-04-2008, 07:29 PM

I'm All For selling youself and your Buisness to potential customers, but you sound like you belong on a used car lot and are Exactly the type of person i would close my door to. If i called you to give me a quote for lawncare and you came on like you say in your post i would tell you No Way and would immediately sign with one of your compettitors. i Sell myself very good and close almost 90% of the accounts i give quotes to WITHOUT sounding like some slick used car salesman like you do in your post. No Offence Meant, but you don't have to fast talk and manupilate (sp) potential customers with some slick sales pitch that makes them THINK they are getting something special when you may actually be charging them MORE than you charge someone else with the exact same type and size yard..

Jay Ray
12-08-2008, 09:21 AM
BigW probably has the gift. They say you can train it into a person and make them a salesman but I don't believe that. I believe training can make you better, but without the gift it will really be a struggle.

Kind of like a good singing voice. Training can help, but without the gift the results will be limited. It's a gift.