PDA

View Full Version : What is the best rack for the money?

harddog00
02-27-2008, 02:52 AM
I am looking at trimmer racks, and i am undecided on which one i want to go with. What are some of the trimmer racks that work best for you guys? Thanks

Cutting 4eva 21
02-27-2008, 03:21 AM
I personally like the trimmer trap racks they lock the trimmers in place securely. I wouldn't recommend the jungle jim racks they are not very sturdy

harddog00
02-27-2008, 03:32 AM
I was just lookin' at those they seem to be pretty nice.....Thanks

YardBoss Lawncare
02-27-2008, 03:50 AM
I like the ones from Northern Tool.

http://www.constructionwork.com/shopping/product_17295_buyers_lockable_trimmer_rack_for_open_trailers.html

harddog00
02-27-2008, 04:06 AM
Does that rack keep equipment from rotating? I assume it does, but it dosen't say for sure..........Thanks Okie

YardBoss Lawncare
02-27-2008, 05:19 AM
Yes, the one from Northern tool doesnt let them rotate, slide, or bounce. It's a real snug grip on them.

YardBoss Lawncare
02-27-2008, 05:23 AM
Hey Harddog, Im only about 2 hours away from you if your in Claremore. Im over here in Ponca City, about 75 miles West of Tulsa and 25 North.

harddog00
02-27-2008, 05:36 AM
Yea, i know were that is. Buisness looks to be good over there from the looks of your rig. Hopefully i can get the same here in Claremore/Tulsa

YardBoss Lawncare
02-27-2008, 06:17 AM
It's doing pretty good so far. I hope to pick up some more this year. Id like to get into residentials. Maybe get a 1 ton dually and build or buy a landscape bed for it. Load it with a few walk behinds and have a few guys run it for me while im out doing the other stuff or visa versa.

grass_cuttin_fool
02-27-2008, 07:21 AM
I use this one....
http://www.precoparts.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_id=150

wayne

AintNoFun
02-27-2008, 02:33 PM
i pretty much like all racks im not to picky... wait what kind of racks were you talking about? lol

Uranus
02-27-2008, 02:57 PM
I use this one....
http://www.precoparts.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_id=150

wayne

I was just at Preco the other day. I was looking at the jungle jims trimmer rack and then saw this one online. I went over to preco and looked at them. For the price they are well worth it. Even the guy at preco thought it was crazy to spend the kind of money that jungle jims want when you can get a rack for under 100 bucks.

Matt TrailerRacks.com
02-27-2008, 03:05 PM
Be sure to check out our Xtreme Series Trimmer Rack. We feel it is the best rack on the market by far, and you can read how satisfied our customers have been with them on the forums here (just do a search, or check out our forum in the sponsors forum).

http://www.trailerracks.com/XB103.html

Our racks completely eliminate rolling (which floods engines, and spills fuel), shaft damage (caused from trimmers wearing on the rack), broken throttle handles, and other problems commonly associated with trimmer racks. It also features a shielded one lock design that quickly unlocks all your trimmers at the same time.

Remember lawnsite customers get a 10% discount when they use coupon code: lawnsite1

Hoss315er
02-27-2008, 03:10 PM
These are good Racks!

http://www.omahasteaks.com/servlet/OnlineShopping?Dsp=14&PCR=0&PID=&IID=909&ITMSUF=XE&shoptype=SEARCH&shopsrc=TRMrack+of+ribs

grass_cuttin_fool
02-27-2008, 03:52 PM
I was just at Preco the other day. I was looking at the jungle jims trimmer rack and then saw this one online. I went over to preco and looked at them. For the price they are well worth it. Even the guy at preco thought it was crazy to spend the kind of money that jungle jims want when you can get a rack for under 100 bucks.

I agree, this is my 4th or 5th year with them now and NO problems, also the way they are made....if you dont secure the hasp....the trimmer falls out immediately as you remove your hand....not going down the road where the trimmer canbe damaged

wayne

lawnkingforever
02-27-2008, 05:26 PM
I just bought the trimmer rack form Tractor Supply, sturdy enough rack, but way to much play in the holders. It was only 60$, but I should of bought the one from Northern Tool, if the holes I drilled mach up I may get the one from NT and sell the other one on Craigs List. I just bought a new Echo trimmer, I hope it does not get to beat up on this rack.

Big C
02-27-2008, 06:29 PM

I have the same ones from Preco.....they work good for me.

ffemt1271
02-28-2008, 05:24 PM
i use trimmer traps, they have been very sturdy and i have had no problems out of them

junglejims
02-28-2008, 05:34 PM
Jungle Jimís new Trimmer Rack design enables the users to load and unload the trimmer even easier than before. The ground breaking design allows the customer to custom fit each trimmer, which results in ZERO SPINNING!!
Secure four, three, two trimmers quickly and easily! The spring loaded design and heavy duty locking bar deters theft, while the innovative compression pin and hook device eliminates spinning during transport.

Securing the life of your trimmer is worth the investment!!!

www.junglejimsap.com 1-888-844-5467

deere615
02-28-2008, 09:25 PM
I ordered the Preco ones but they are taking forever.

American_Lawn
02-29-2008, 12:31 AM
Is it really worth paying close to $200 for the (nicer) racks? I would love to go out and buy some, but I am alittle tight now coming out of winter. Just got my new trailer. I might just keep my trimmers in the truck until I can get me one of the nicer ones.

hanson's glc
02-29-2008, 01:06 AM
xtreme here. if you locking for a nice locking system. and for the designing it lock like it may be twice the price.