PDA

View Full Version : Which Blades?

Mow-Co Man
02-27-2008, 09:27 AM
I have a 3 yr old Lesco 36" WB. What kind of blades would anyone recommend for the next time I replace them.

Raven386
02-27-2008, 09:28 AM
high-lifts.....

All_Toro_4ME
02-27-2008, 09:30 AM
There are many different types of blades for different applications. Some work better for mulching (gator blades) some better for bagging, and others better for side discharge. Which do you do the most? Whatever you get, make sure they are commercial quality. The blades are thicker and hold an edge longer. Residential blades are much thinner and dont hold abuse well.

Valk
02-27-2008, 01:19 PM
As much and often as opinions differ in this forum, I'd first take advice from someone local or at least regional. Folks in the other regions must have VERY different conditions than mine here in KS...cuz I know what works for me...and they know what works for them. When the two differ, who do you believe?

Gator blades and hi-lifts have their place as mentioned above...it mostly depends on the task at hand? Is it wet, is it dry, is it tall, am I bagging it or mulching it or side-discharging it? Fortunately blade choices exist.

greenbaylawns
02-27-2008, 01:56 PM
try here agri-supply