PDA

View Full Version : How do yo steer the quick 36''s ???

Blueribbonlawns
02-27-2008, 01:53 PM
I have bin looking at the quick 36''s for awhile and i cant figure out how you steer them so anybody that has them please tell me how you do it, Thank you

mag360
02-27-2008, 03:04 PM
Manually. Rear drive system is basically an open differential so you have to push it in the direction you want it to go. I think it's squeeze to go on the left hand lever---at least that's how the old gear drive toros and whites were.

Sounds like a pain in the neck (and I know it is on a side hill---we had a similar machine) but a lot of folks really like it for the simplicity and idiot proof handling. They will go up and down hills easily.

Whitey4
02-27-2008, 03:20 PM
I'll let you know at the end of next week when my machine arrives! :cool2:

touhey33
02-27-2008, 03:24 PM
I have the Samurai, there real easy to turn, but you do just turn them manually. The lever on the left is the automatic braking system. just shift your weight one way and it turns, as well as does not tear turf. Its by far the easiest mower to operate that I've used.

buttaluv
02-27-2008, 04:36 PM
what about on banks? duel hydros are awesome on banks, I'm thinking you'd have to muscle that thing to keep it going across

Blueribbonlawns
02-27-2008, 05:11 PM
what about on banks? duel hydros are awesome on banks, I'm thinking you'd have to muscle that thing to keep it going across

x2 how do they handle on hills?

02DURAMAX
02-27-2008, 05:19 PM
Thats crazy and for the price of one i can get a belt drive scag..

touhey33
02-27-2008, 05:57 PM
The mower only weighs 300lbs and is very compact, it doesn't take much muscle to go across banks. I'd rather have the quick 36 then any belt drive in the industry. Watch the video on there website, it shows how to operate it.

grassgirl4
02-27-2008, 06:24 PM
Regarding hills...

Yes, you do have to muscle them somewhat to keep a straight line...however, I'm a small, wiry female and I'm able to do it. An average size male should certainly be able to maneuver it!! Would I want to use it around slopey ponds? Probably not. I'd give it a whirl, but I'm guessing it would get too dicey.

It would be nice if BOP came out with an independent braking system as an aftermarket add-on. My dad and I suggested that to them, so we'll see... If they don't roll out anything, we'll probably search for our own system to install after the mower is out of its warranty period--which for me will be this June.

As for everything else regarding the mower and BOP: TOP-SHELF!! Service is quick and responsive. Cut is fantastic...hardly any scalping. Mower has very small footprint for trailering. I love it!!

BUCKEYE MOWING
02-27-2008, 10:54 PM
I have bin looking at the quick 36''s for awhile and i cant figure out how you steer them so anybody that has them please tell me how you do it, Thank you

It's a single hydro...The simple answer is squeeze the handle and steer it ...Its approx. 305 lbs. its very easy for ANYONE to use this machine. You can use it anywhere at anytime with no fear of rutting and it leaves a great cut.

Howard Roark
02-27-2008, 11:30 PM
Thats crazy and for the price of one i can get a belt drive scag..

There are quite a few mowers for all different kinds of operations. For instance, I for one think YOU are crazy for operating such a heavy, belt drive machine. While you are sitting waiting in the rain with your 500+ lb. machine, we're out mowing with our Quick 36's, single hydro, 300 lb. with no ruts in even moderate rain. Also no divots, ever. Oh yeah, did I mention the price and ease of use and maintenance? You see, we can change deck height in all of 2 minutes. I've changes belts in less than 2 minutes. On our Samurai's nothing else has gone wrong in the field EVER except for a belt breaking, and that was our fault for not "pre-inspecting". Not to mention outstanding customer service and satisfaction.

So just who you callin' crazy boy? :hammerhead:

Blueribbonlawns
02-28-2008, 12:09 PM
Well they sound like great mower's im planning on getting one
it came down to a hustler trimstar 36'' or a BOP 36'' samurai

Yerkz
02-28-2008, 12:20 PM
Is the quick 36 easy to get up and over curbs? Do you back it up the curb or pop the front up and lift the back?

Whitey4
02-28-2008, 12:37 PM
The Quick aslo has a true (immediate) reverse... something the belt drives don't have.

Blueribbonlawns
02-28-2008, 01:23 PM
They sound great has anybody had any problems and how are they on thick wet grass

willjones4
02-28-2008, 03:07 PM
So just who you callin' crazy boy? :hammerhead:

Spoken like a true Texan. :drinkup:

Howard Roark
02-28-2008, 05:42 PM
Is the quick 36 easy to get up and over curbs? Do you back it up the curb or pop the front up and lift the back?

It's a breeze, we just pop up the front end, get the rear tires near the curb and hit the throttle and up ya go!

If that doesn't work you could always lift it as it's so light. :weightlifter:

JimmyStew
03-27-2008, 08:39 PM
For those of you familiar with the old Troy-Bilt Wide-cut mowers, would that be the equivalent steering method?

mag360
03-27-2008, 09:29 PM
For those of you familiar with the old Troy-Bilt Wide-cut mowers, would that be the equivalent steering method?

Yes indeed.