PDA

View Full Version : Leasing CTL/MTL machines

Fieldman12
02-27-2008, 06:27 PM
With all the high maintenance cost that goes into the undercarriage CTL/MTL machines. Is anyone MFR out there offering lease programs for say a year or two. I was wondering if it would be cheaper than owning the machine. I know Bobcat has where you can lease skid steers but was not sure about the CTL machines.

Scag48
02-27-2008, 06:28 PM
I've actually never thought about it. We pondered lease options when we bought our 216, it didn't pencil out. However, with the operating costs on a CTL/MTL, it's definately something to consider if it's available. I'll do some researching...

NHMan
02-28-2008, 12:49 AM
The simple answer is YES..an operating lease can be written on ctl's. General rule of thumb on a lease is a two yr. minimum. CNH will do a two yr. step lease that allows you the opportunity to walk away after the first year. Keep in mind if you plan to turn in the equipment, it will go through inspection.

NHMan
02-28-2008, 12:52 AM
You will still assume normal operating costs; servicing,maintenance,repairs,fuel etc...etc... just depends on the lease and lease type. There is no free lunch.