PDA

View Full Version : fast straps or pro locker

str400ex
02-27-2008, 08:01 PM
I am looking into buying one or the other someone needs to tell me which is better . thanks Shawn

LawnGuy73
02-27-2008, 08:25 PM
Fastraps........:usflag:

NLS1
02-27-2008, 09:03 PM
Fastraps for me too!!!!:weightlifter:

fastcat
02-27-2008, 09:31 PM
faststraps, prolockers are to ruff on the casters

fastcat
02-27-2008, 09:32 PM
get them from northertool

PearceLawn
02-27-2008, 09:33 PM
Vote #4 for Fastraps!!

American_Lawn
02-27-2008, 09:43 PM
I just got my faststraps last monday and I installed them. I love it. Its very very easy. Vote #5. Got it at NT.

Grits
02-27-2008, 10:11 PM
I have Fastraps...love them. They also happen to be set at the same width as my ATV tires. I used them Monday to hold a couple ladders down on the trailer.

Berkshire
02-27-2008, 10:31 PM
love my pro lockers. fast and sturdy

Big C
02-28-2008, 12:51 AM
Thanks guys....didn't think about tie downs for my trailer....ordered a pair of Fastraps tonight from NT

GSMOSS
02-28-2008, 02:00 AM
Pro lockers for me. Extremely fast and secure. No problems with casters. For those with problems with your caster, are you or your employees hitting trees or curbs with the caster wheels? I have seen the picture of the guy with the broken caster arm in the prolocker but I can not believe that the metal in a caster arm could be broken that easily.

Richard Martin
02-28-2008, 06:13 AM
I have the Fastraps.

cgaengineer
02-28-2008, 07:34 AM
Can someone please post a link to these famed faststraps?

Hunter73
02-28-2008, 07:38 AM
Can someone please post a link to these famed faststraps?

http://www.fastrap.us/works.htm

str400ex
02-28-2008, 12:35 PM
thanks for the replys I will be getting the fast straps from all the replys

TomberLawn
02-28-2008, 02:08 PM
I'd like some Fastraps. Looks like they would save a lot of time over using a ratchet strap. The thing I don't like about the Pro-Lockers, and correct me if I'm wrong, but they are permanent mount. I use my trailer to haul not only my mowers, but also materials and other equipment, like my tractor. It looks like the pro-lockers would get in the way more than the Fastrap would.

hackitdown
02-28-2008, 03:20 PM
I'd like some Fastraps. Looks like they would save a lot of time over using a ratchet strap. The thing I don't like about the Pro-Lockers, and correct me if I'm wrong, but they are permanent mount. I use my trailer to haul not only my mowers, but also materials and other equipment, like my tractor. It looks like the pro-lockers would get in the way more than the Fastrap would.

They come right out. You bolt some tracks to the floor of the trailer which are permanent. The main part of the prolocker slides into/under the track, and is held in place with a large "t" handle pin. You can pull the pin, and remove it in 20 seconds. When it is removed, one track is maybe 3/8" high, the other is a little taller, maybe an inch. You could run a tractor tire right over it.

This whole caster thing is silly. In fact, Exmark is selling them now as an accessory. They call them LazerLockers, and are painted red. They show them near the bottom of this page:
http://www.exmark.com/accessories_lazerzhp.htm

I love mine. Highly recommended.

DoetschOutdoor
02-28-2008, 04:17 PM
I dont have either product yet but will have one soon...it looks like the faststraps would take alot more time than the lazerlocker but does it do a good enough job of holding a mower secure? I mean with the faststraps, the back end would be secured down so its not going anywhere but with the locker, would the back end be moving around?

GSMOSS
02-29-2008, 02:12 AM
I dont have either product yet but will have one soon...it looks like the faststraps would take alot more time than the lazerlocker but does it do a good enough job of holding a mower secure? I mean with the faststraps, the back end would be secured down so its not going anywhere but with the locker, would the back end be moving around?

My mower stays put. The back end would probably move around if you were driving over-aggresively over railroad tracks or other very rough roads, but if you care about your equipment you would not do this. I have always wondered how the fast straps are attached to the trailer or if it is even attached;can someone answer this?

tb8100
02-29-2008, 02:16 AM

hows about prolockers for the front and fastraps for the back ?:confused:

Richard Martin
02-29-2008, 06:02 AM
I have always wondered how the fast straps are attached to the trailer or if it is even attached;can someone answer this?

The attachment is via lag bolts into the trailer deck although I discarded the included lag bolts and attached them with carraige bolts, washers and nuts. It would have to rip the decking up to come loose.

br549oicu8
02-29-2008, 11:01 AM
Been using Fastraps for years. Only thin is to be careful driving over the locking mechanism with too much weight. They will bend....
Still, after considering that, I support the Fastraps..

hanson's glc
03-01-2008, 06:16 AM
pro locker is the only way. i have had for 2 years. i did put small blocks of wood to keep the mower from slidong a little. but it is about 10 seconds to unhook and just drive in to hook. you can't get any faster then prolocker.

mowerbrad
03-01-2008, 02:03 PM
Pro lockers are way quicker than the fast straps. if your looking for speed go for the pro lockers

02DURAMAX
03-06-2008, 04:43 AM
Can you mount the fast straps in an enclosed trailer?

Richard Martin
03-06-2008, 06:47 PM
Can you mount the fast straps in an enclosed trailer?

Yes, they bolt to the floor.

02DURAMAX
03-06-2008, 09:00 PM
Yes, they bolt to the floor.

Thanks!!!!

ALC-GregH
05-17-2008, 09:17 AM
I just bought a Prolocker AND the fast straps. :cool2:

corey4671
05-17-2008, 09:28 AM
I've got the fastraps and can't imagine anything being any quicker. its part of my routine. as I am pulling the pin out to drop the rear gate, I unhook the fastrap on the same side. and these things are STRONG. I have forgotten a couple of times to unlatch them. mower is not going anywhere.

JayD
05-17-2008, 02:35 PM
Any one have pix of how you tie down your eqmt., and what you are using? I don't know about ztr's, but if you are just using a WB, I have a very good set up. I'll try to get some pix of it and post. I had all kinds of trouble keeping my mower in place until I came up with this.

Itsgottobegreen
05-17-2008, 10:45 PM
I got 5 prolockers and swear by them.

If you have a enclosed trailer, you can put another set of mounts on the wall to keep your spare prolockers up out of the way, when your hauling different mowers for the day. I used to have day where the 48" and 32" would get put side by side in the front and the ZTR on the back. Then the next day, both ZTRs and no walkbehinds. So the unused ones when on the wall.

corey4671
05-18-2008, 11:00 AM
Any one have pix of how you tie down your eqmt., and what you are using? I don't know about ztr's, but if you are just using a WB, I have a very good set up. I'll try to get some pix of it and post. I had all kinds of trouble keeping my mower in place until I came up with this.

you can click the link in my signature and see my fastraps on my Warrior.

BryceBentleyLCS
05-18-2008, 11:48 AM
Prolockers are the only way to go, I owned the faststrap and they get in the way and are not made to well. Prolocker is faster and more secure. I used faststraps for 2 weeks and tripped over it walking out the trailer and fell and broke a 350.00 echo trimmer......so no more fast crap!!!:usflag:

CLS LLC
05-18-2008, 11:54 AM
I have some bad news for all you pro locker lovers. They've recently went out of business. I work for a dealer and we can't get them from any distributor at all anymore. All of them are out and I called the company themselves many times to inquire about becoming a distributor but theres never an answer and their voice mail box is always "full". A few of the distributor's have admitted that they are out of business and won't be getting anymore in. So for those of you who still want some pick them up on ebay. Because you won't be able to get them for probably another year when someone buys up the patent and starts making them.

ALC-GregH
05-18-2008, 12:39 PM
I just bought a Pro-Locker 2 days ago. The dealer had 4 in stock, 2 small and 2 large. I paid a buck 20 out the door for the large. I also bought the Fast-Straps to secure the back of the mower from bouncing, plus I will be able to use them for my Grizzly 660. :) win, win for me. ;-)

CLS LLC
05-18-2008, 01:08 PM
Once they're sold out, they won't get anymore. I've tried just about every distributor within 500 miles of Wisconsin and no one has them.

Richard Martin
05-18-2008, 06:47 PM
www.gemplers.com has them in stock.