PDA

View Full Version : Hydro drive mowers

Big C
02-27-2008, 09:11 PM
Will pulling my unstrapped, unchocked WB mower on a trailer cause damage to the hydro drive???

delphied
02-27-2008, 09:44 PM
Its dangerous and if you get stopped itll be a ticket.

Big C
02-27-2008, 11:53 PM
Order some Fastraps tonight from Northern Tools

Richard Martin
02-28-2008, 05:30 AM
Will pulling my unstrapped, unchocked WB mower on a trailer cause damage to the hydro drive???

No. The only time you can damage a hydro system is if you drag the mower around a good distance with the hydros engaged.

LawnGuy73
02-28-2008, 08:24 AM
No. The only time you can damage a hydro system is if you drag the mower around a good distance with the hydros engaged.

I agree, but I would not drive around without the mowers strapped down. Its very dangerous not only for yourself but others around you.

Pumper
02-28-2008, 09:45 AM
While it is never a good idea to haul a mower that is not retained, it shouldn't do damage to most modern walk behinds drive systems. The systems from the early 90's used a smaller frame hydraulic motor that did not have a bearing to support the axle. As the machine rocked on the trailer, the axle shaft would "gall" and weld itself to the motor housing. Beginning in the mid 90's, most everyone went to a larger frame hydraulic motor with a needle bearing to support the axle. Even the integrated units (IZT, EZT, ZT-2800 and RAT's) have a bearing to support the axle. The only unit I am not sure about is the single hydro. I haven't had much experience with them.