PDA

View Full Version : Advertising

ghollenberger
02-28-2008, 12:26 AM
Has anyone advertised in church bulletins. I put an ad in 3 churches here in Pittsburgh. They were pretty reasonable in price, better deal than the regular newspaper or classifieds. The only down fall is it was either a 6 month or a year contract.

Raven386
02-28-2008, 12:28 AM
it was really expensive from the company that did it around here. they only did 12 month contracts too.

Grits
02-28-2008, 12:39 AM
it was really expensive from the company that did it around here. they only did 12 month contracts too.

Same here. Not many churches here do ads in bulletins. I had one contact me last year. The price per bulletin was relatively affordable, but you had to sign on for a year and pay it all at one time. I told the guy I would like to see how effective it would be before paying for 12 months. Needless to say, that didn't happen.
It's strange....everyone that contacts me with this kind of advertising only has a couple spots left. I must be one of the last one's they contact.:hammerhead:

Raven386
02-28-2008, 12:44 AM
did you change the cape picture! are you now flying in it?! jeez... no wonder you can handle so many lawns! you fly to them! :laugh:

ghollenberger
02-28-2008, 01:41 AM
I wasnt sure about using these bulletins last year, but I figured I would give them a shot. One company required a year contract and I got the other to lower it to 6 months. Hopefully it works. Thanks for the responses

DLASSSANDERS
02-28-2008, 03:04 AM
whats you all primary way of advertising

ghollenberger
02-28-2008, 04:06 AM
The last few years it has mostly been word of mouth and fliers at some of the local stores. I tried one of the classified mailings but this year I am trying to expand a great deal. The church ads cost the same for one month as the classified ads cost for a week.

Scagmower48
03-08-2008, 08:55 PM
same here got my from the bulletin company Paulson. single spot ad cost $300 for 6 months. Its the church i belong to. I hope i get some customers out of it cause I can buy alot of doorhanges for that kind of money.

Atlantic Lawn
03-09-2008, 10:34 AM
We serviced our church for years, part of our arrangement with them was a double space 3"x2" in the bulletin. At first we received some calls, but after about year we didn't seem to get that much from it. So maybe 6 mos. is the way to go.