PDA

View Full Version : Franchises - Nitelites

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
02-28-2008, 08:59 AM
Im doing some market analysis and stumbled across Nitelites.

Im sure this company has some sort of reputation given all of their franchise locations.

So, what is the deal? Are they contenders in your market? Would you hesitate to enter into a market where a Nitelites operation was established?

Regards

extlights
02-28-2008, 09:10 AM
I was doing the same thing yesterday and came across them and Light House. Nitelites does say that they have a location in Chicago, but I've never seen them. I welcome competition....it's good for business. The only franchise that I know of that really works in our immiediate area is OLP.

irrig8r
02-28-2008, 10:00 AM
I had never heard of them until reading your post. I see they have one California operation in San Diego, but Florida iand South Carolina are just swarming with them.

http://nitelights.com/locations.html

As far as you know, are any franchise operations AOLP members?

Lite4
02-28-2008, 10:30 AM
All we have is an OLP guy here in my area, but from the rumblings I have heard he is going to drop them like a bad habit and go on his own.

NightScenes
02-28-2008, 11:46 AM
There are no franchise operations in my area and I sure hope they stay away. It seems that those who operate these franchises do very poor work and use VERY low grade materials. These are the things that give this industry a bad name and therefore I wish them to stay away from my area.

There are currently no franchise landscape lighting members of the AOLP. There have been inquiries though.

Chris J
02-29-2008, 09:18 PM
Nite Lites is in Jacksonville, FL and they are a pain in my rear end. Their corporate headquarters does a really good job of promoting, so there presence is everywhere. I cry everytime I see one of their fixtures though. It really amuses me why someone would attach themselves to a franchise and be forced to use such inferior products. Then again, my area in swamped with franchises and wannabes. We have the Lightscapes, OLP, Nite Lites, and God only knows who else. These Florida residents need you to pray for them really good.

S&MLL
03-03-2008, 01:40 AM
In Jersey theres two nitelites companys. One north and one south. Although the north guy seems to cover a bigger zone. I would love to know how they operate in NJ because i dought they have a electric lic.

JoeyD
03-03-2008, 09:47 AM
I know the san Diego Nite Lites guy had gotten into some heat working as a franchisee with no CA contractors liscense.