PDA

View Full Version : Trailer price seem alright?

shovelracer
02-28-2008, 12:44 PM
I got a quote for an american hauler enclosed landscape package trailer today. 7900 before tax. This includes 18x8, 10K GVW, 12" center floor, 3/4" floor and 1' up sides, 2 roof vents, 2 side vents, 4200lb rear ramp door, 4200lb - 62" wide side door, 60" tongue, led lights, adjustable coupler.

I have another guy running numbers for a car mate equivelant. This seems a pinch higher than what I thought, but what does everyone else think. Im not interested in lesser quality trailers so the 4-5K trailers are out.

I was thinking about asking for a few small extras to sweeten the deal. I have bought from both dealers before, and they are both good with there service.

shovelracer
02-28-2008, 01:51 PM
OK the other quote came in for a comparable car mate at 9200 + tax

Birdjr
02-28-2008, 02:28 PM
I would go with the american hauler i just bought one last month same specs as u but 8*16. I had them install the landscape rack package too.

topsites
02-28-2008, 06:47 PM
You might want to check your state's CDL requirements, some states have an additional requirement for the trailer itself, that goes in addition to the total GVW rating requirements... Exceed any and you need a CDL. That's one of the main reasons I have an open 6x12 single axle, but it's not the only reason.

shovelracer
02-28-2008, 07:43 PM
its 10K for us. they tag them as 9990.

ECLS
02-28-2008, 08:57 PM
I live in florida so I dont know if you would be interested in shipping it back home, but I bought a 8x20' v-nose, tandom 5250 torsion axles, led lights with added brake lights, 2 roof vents, 2 side vents, 4200lb rear ramp with flap, side door, 4 trimmer racks, 4 edger racks, 2 blower racks, floor 12" on center with 3/4 marine plywood, walls 16", seamless sides ( no rivets ), 2 shelves in v-noes, 2 5/16 tongue coupler, for $6100.00 OUT THE DOOR. I called hundreds of manufactures and was going to get a pace but this was build extremly HD and nobody could touch there price. Also only took them 10 days to build. Name of company is Southwest Trailer Manufacturing Inc.
there website is www.kendalltrailer.com

Liendeni
02-28-2008, 11:00 PM
Just curious....how do you make an educated decision to lean towards one trailer over another one....when finding a price anyhere on any website is very difficult. Why all the secrets? Hey....if you stand behind what you say....then you should be proud of the sticker price, (the deal they are givin you.) Why no prices given??? Ya, I know I could call them....but that's why I have the computer in front of me and not the phone.

ECLS
02-28-2008, 11:22 PM
I called everyone not just looking at there website. The first question I would ask was if it was a commerical trailer, and the majority of them said no it would not stand up to everyday use. If they said yes I would ask more detailed specs on the manufacturing but for the most part I could tell that they were junk so I moved on. Truthfully I was leaning on Pace all the way until the end but I happen to pick up a trader mag and found they had an ad so I called and asked my questions then I drive down there to look at them for myself and they were build as they were telling me.

American_Lawn
02-28-2008, 11:29 PM
If anybody is in the market for a new trailer PM me and I will give you contact info. A friend of mine just got a 77x16 landscape trailer with all the accessories for $1800+TTL. I bought my trailer from here. They are a small outfit that builds them and they are priced this low because they are focusing on volume. The trailers are great quality and look great when finished.