PDA

View Full Version : they got what they deserved!!! funny

mowcrazy
02-28-2008, 01:43 PM
just figured i would share this story with everyone because I think that is is absolutely hillarious! There is a retired guy that lives in my area that used to mow a cemetery here locally. he retired from general motors and trust me does not need to be out trying to make money, he has plenty of it. He was getting bored and decided he wouldnt mind mowing so he bid on the local cemetery. He got the job for $250 per mowing which was redicullously low. He kept the price the same for 3 years and did a hell of a job. It was actually a township cemetery and When the township got a few new members they thought that he was high on the price so they decided to open up the cemetery for bid. I saw it in the paper but decided that I wasnt going to bid because I wouldnt have touched that place for less than $400-$450. well the old man got pissed that they opened it up for bid so he decided he would turn in a super high bid because he didnt really need the job anyways. Lets just say he doubled his bid, yeah his bid was $500.00 but guess what, nobody else bid on the job so he got it. That serves those township members right for opening it up for bid anyways. He was doing a great job and it was cheap so why evan open it back up for bid? I just think that is freakin great. He only had the job for that 1 last year and they did finally find some kids to mow it but they were still over $250.00. What do you think of that? I talk to that old fella sometimes in McDonalds, he loves to tell that story to all the other old folks that come in. Once again I LOVE IT.

AI Inc
02-28-2008, 01:45 PM
I always enjoy talking to old timers, so much to be learned.

PEVO
02-28-2008, 01:50 PM
Serves them right!!!! I'm sure the quality of the work is less than up to par with how this person used to do it.

Capemay Eagle
02-28-2008, 01:58 PM
Good story, I think it is funny that he thought to put in a higher bid, most people would not have thought to do that..

I know where the guy is coming from. I have been out on a knee surgery for three months and I am bored stiff, I can not imagine what it is going to be like when I am retired. I would love to mow a few lawns for nothing right now. It would not be so bad if it was summer, but man, I just don't know how people are retired and live in the Northeast, I know when I am reired I am going Arizona..

Roger
02-28-2008, 02:22 PM
I always enjoy talking to old timers, so much to be learned.

Thank you! Just keep listening and reading my posts.

tb8100
02-28-2008, 03:55 PM
Thank you! Just keep listening and reading my posts.

:laugh: :drinkup:

Scagguy
02-28-2008, 04:05 PM
Too bad the old guy didn't bid it higher.

mowcrazy
02-28-2008, 06:22 PM
Too bad the old guy didn't bid it higher.

no kiddin that would have been evan funnier!!!!!!!

JayD
02-28-2008, 08:56 PM
:laugh:just figured i would share this story with everyone because I think that is is absolutely hillarious! There is a retired guy that lives in my area that used to mow a cemetery here locally. he retired from general motors and trust me does not need to be out trying to make money, he has plenty of it. He was getting bored and decided he wouldnt mind mowing so he bid on the local cemetery. He got the job for $250 per mowing which was redicullously low. He kept the price the same for 3 years and did a hell of a job. It was actually a township cemetery and When the township got a few new members they thought that he was high on the price so they decided to open up the cemetery for bid. I saw it in the paper but decided that I wasnt going to bid because I wouldnt have touched that place for less than $400-$450. well the old man got pissed that they opened it up for bid so he decided he would turn in a super high bid because he didnt really need the job anyways. Lets just say he doubled his bid, yeah his bid was $500.00 but guess what, nobody else bid on the job so he got it. That serves those township members right for opening it up for bid anyways. He was doing a great job and it was cheap so why evan open it back up for bid? I just think that is freakin great. He only had the job for that 1 last year and they did finally find some kids to mow it but they were still over $250.00. What do you think of that? I talk to that old fella sometimes in McDonalds, he loves to tell that story to all the other old folks that come in. Once again I LOVE IT.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::clapping::clapping::hammerhead::hammerhead:

echo8287
02-29-2008, 12:17 AM
Ok yall like old geezer stories. I was plumbing a 1.5 million dollar house on a $500,000 lot, for a cheapskate doctor from Iran. The builder asked if I would extend the sewer line out from the house, so they could pour a large patio in the back of the house. I said ok, there would be a charge. He said while you are here extending the sewer line, you can backfill the house foundation, dig out part of the garage, and dig the ditches, so this other guy can pipe out the gutters in the back of the house. I said ok. The way it turned out the sewer line and the gutter line would have to be in the same ditch. The sewer line about 2 feet under the gutter line. The guy that was running the gutter pipe was going to come back and run it to a suitable location in a couple of weeks. Well the job took a day and half and I sent them a bill for $850.00 which was cheap.
Well the doctor and the contractor got together and decided that the bill was too high and wouldn't pay. They sent me a check for $450.00. I cashed it. I ran into the guy running the gutter pipe at the hardware store and they paid him $450.00 to glue a little pipe together when I had done all the hard work.

It came time to put the fixtures in the house.
Contractor calls>Can you come tommorrow and start putting fixtures in?
Me> Yes sir I'll be right out as soon as you send me the $400.00 dollars in cash for the backhoe work+$500.00 cash, cause you and the doctor are a A$$Holes and the rest of the money you owe me to finish the job in cash and I'll be right over.
Contractor>Well!!! we're not doing that.
Me>KMA , get someone else to finish your job>goodbye.

Paul Harvey> the rest of the story>

About 2 weeks after the doctor moves in there is this really bad smell coming from the basement. Seems sewage is erupting from the tubs and showers in the basement and no one noticed for several days.Stink is everywhere in the basement, Oh something is clogged up.>>>>>>>>>>>
No, the guy running the gutter pipe didn't come back and run his pipe to a suitable location and the septic tank man hooked up the gutter line to the septic tank. The sewer line still had the glued on cap, right where I put it. David

Lawnut101
02-29-2008, 12:28 AM
I liked both of those stories. Some people just don't understand what anyting costs now days.

Allens LawnCare
02-29-2008, 04:23 AM
This is why I like doing work for the average Joe, most are honest, understanding and pay ontime. I could make a little more doing work for some higher end homes but I have enough stress in my life!!

NBI Lawn
02-29-2008, 11:47 AM
HAHA, love it :clapping:.

I have found in my are the higher end homes/owners are the ones who pay and dont complain. The only time I really even talk to them is once a month I knock on the door to be sure they dont need anything...

Tobin
02-29-2008, 11:51 AM
Love it every once in awhile what goes around does come around