PDA

View Full Version : Cabover Truck help

BJWLAWNCARE
02-28-2008, 02:46 PM
Own 03 Ford F-250 completly paid for. 37,000 miles. Tow a 5x10 trailor with 2 walk behind hydros. I was considering trading it in for a cabover. It would have to dump and plow and be an automatic. Too much work raking clippings out of bed. Any suggestions would help a new member a lot.

Raven386
02-28-2008, 02:54 PM
why not keep your truck and get a load handler. we got it this past year. isntead of being at the dump for 30 minutes raking. we were in and out in 5 minutes. the load handler is awesome, definetley one of the best purchases we have made in a long time...

Marek
02-28-2008, 03:17 PM
Unless you are really trying to spend money why not keep your truck,maybe set up a dump trailer that you can mow with. Cab overs dont seem to be the best plow trucks. We were/are looking at them for a grass crew truck , SLT style but they are a one use truck that would sit all winter where as a pick up we can still put a plow on.Although we havent had to much snow for the last few years. The new Isuzu is a really nice truck.

CleanCutMowers
02-28-2008, 03:52 PM
Welcome! Try this link they look nice.

http://www.neelycoble.com/inventory/specsheet/?ID=1923699

Marek
02-28-2008, 04:02 PM
They are nice but are also 45k with the diesel.

BJWLAWNCARE
02-28-2008, 04:13 PM
I have a load handler. Works pretty good. The dump trailor would be a problem though. How do I tow equipment. 2 hydros. Can't pick them up and put them in truck bed. Everything seems to have pros and cons. Side dump would be great. Don't believe they exist. Anybody have a cabover?

Marek
02-28-2008, 04:22 PM
With the dump trailer , they make a landscape ramp that pivots. Or look at the SLT super lawn trucks with the dumper option.

BJWLAWNCARE
02-28-2008, 04:35 PM
Forgive me Marek I'm lost. I don't know what you mean. Can you explain please. Sorry.

Marek
02-28-2008, 05:45 PM
If you kept your truck and bought a dump trailer that has an expanded metal landscape ramp you could haul your mowers and dump the clippings in the front of it and at the end of the day pull the mowers and dump it. Lower upfront expense and less to mantain, cheaper insurance, still lets you handle other work that you might not be able to do with a pick up.

gene gls
02-28-2008, 10:26 PM
Forgive me Marek I'm lost. I don't know what you mean. Can you explain please. Sorry.

What he means is to buy a dump trailer that is long enough to hold your waste material plus have room to haul your equipment. This would be the cheapest way out for you if your short on money. My truck is a 1999 Mitsubishi FE HD auto tranny with a locker, 14500 GVW, short W/B, 10' platform dump, 8' Meyer Ploy plow, 1.5 yard electric SS sander. It pushes like a tank but does have some limitations.