PDA

View Full Version : New scag controls

qualitycut
02-28-2008, 04:52 PM
I was up at the dealer today and he had a demo sitting there with the new controls. Its like a bike steering wheel and the handles are heat and pressure sensitive, so no more safety handles to hold. I thought it was kind of cool but I guess they have not even started production on them yet.

tallimeca
02-28-2008, 05:53 PM
new super v controls. I dont' like them. I think they are uncomfortable, awkward and i really think they are a safety issue.

We'll see.

qualitycut
02-28-2008, 05:55 PM
ya I didnt really test it just kind of played with the control. I thought it was kinda cool but I dont think I would like to use it all day. I also wonder how long those sensors and crap will last in those grips.

Zooropa93
02-28-2008, 07:56 PM
new super v controls. I dont' like them. I think they are uncomfortable, awkward and i really think they are a safety issue.

We'll see.

I've only driven it once but I liked it better than anything else I've used recently and cant wait till I get em in. I loathe pistol grip anything.

bigclawn
02-28-2008, 10:52 PM
this is going to be another chevy ford dodge thread----------100 people----100 opinions-------------test one for a full day on your properties THEN form an opinion based on exactly how it worked for you!

ProTouch Groundscapes
02-28-2008, 11:01 PM
i played around with one of them at my dealer, and i thought they were very nice, really easy to use and dont seem like they'd beat you up mowing all day, very intuitive. saying that, i will say i havent had the chance to actually cut with one, but a guy said the thing was amazing on side hilling.

P.Services
02-28-2008, 11:14 PM
about 7k for the 52'' 21hp kawi. just so ya know

mowman84
02-29-2008, 12:26 AM
I tried it didnt like it. Like pistol grips much better.

bigclawn
02-29-2008, 08:18 AM
52" 23 kawasaki electric start 6,800 cash at our dealer in Indpls

wahlturfcare
02-29-2008, 09:15 AM
i tried one out at the dealer a couple weeks ago outside on the drive. they steer pretty good. they would come in handy for going around trees and and bushes as your hands will be more protected. You can also one hand the control too. I think it steers like a bicycle does.

but i still prefer the pistol grips better.

Zooropa93
02-29-2008, 08:35 PM
I'm intrigued at the preference for pistol grips....cause pistol grips are dead around here except in gear drives. It's been 3+ years since we've been able to move a pistol grip hydro wb.

chuck bow
02-29-2008, 09:26 PM
Right now thats all i buy pistol grip hydros .Hes right cked the price myself at a Indy dealer and its 6800 plus tax cash money will still stick with my scag ultimates pistol grip design right now , has worked for me for 15 yrs.

ed2hess
02-29-2008, 10:00 PM
We drove it around in the parking lot at our yearly sale.....not good. Pistols on the old 36" dual scag worked just fine. Speed control harder to operate than the old unit and while the height adjustment was nice they need to visit the Wright Stander and see how it should work. At $5200 for 36" you can almost be at a Wright Stander price and you can ride. Those heat/pressure(?) sensitive handles for presence switch seem nice but just another problem area down the line. Getting over curbs looked harder with this unit compared to the old unit. I guess the anti-pistol group got to them. Handles seemed low for using some riding device but maybe I am wrong.