PDA

View Full Version : Gravely 7173-H

jdfunnelljr
11-12-2001, 10:13 AM
I just purchase a Gravely 7173H (1984-1986 "Ariens" with Sundstrand hydro transmission/hydrolics) from a widow. Her late husband obviously pampered his <400 hour machine. The widow can't find manuals.

I need the following help from those knowledgable:

1. What is the proper replacement fluid for the 7173-H hydro transmission/hydrolics?

2. Does anyone have an operators manual and/or illustrated parts list for the 7173H that I can purchase or copy. I also need the manuals for the 48" deck and the 48" two-stage snow blower. I am advised that Gravely will print manuals after enough requests come in to justify the expense. I'm not holding my breath.

Jim Funnell
jdfunnelljr@aol.com

Richard Martin
11-12-2001, 03:30 PM
Have you actually tried contacting Gravely about the manuals? They are very good about having a good supply of manuals on hand for just about everything they have ever made. I needed a manual for a 1972 hydro tractor and they sent me one very quickly.

jdfunnelljr
11-12-2001, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Richard Martin
Have you actually tried contacting Gravely about the manuals? They are very good about having a good supply of manuals on hand for just about everything they have ever made. I needed a manual for a 1972 hydro tractor and they sent me one very quickly.

Richard:

My gravely dealer (taken care of my Pro-50 for years) is the one who contacted gravely for me. I have not tried to do it myself. I assume that my dealer would have better leverage to get what I need. I remain open to suggestions.

Thanks.

Jim Funnell