PDA

View Full Version : How does the Deere deck lift system work on their residential mowers?

tb8100
02-28-2008, 09:12 PM
This feature may have been on John Deeres awhile, but it's new to me. I believe it uses a dial to set the desired cut height, and then it's controlled via a button on one of the steering levers, is that right? I'm just curious, how is it controlled? Because there's one button on each control stick, and one of the two buttons is an emergency PTO shutoff... Does it only raise the deck? Lower it?

Cooter
02-28-2008, 11:51 PM
I just seen this on their website. Their commercial mowers have a manual dial on the right hand side. A new feature is that you can lock it into transport without changing the deck height. Before you would have to crank it all the way up. It is only on their new semi-commercial mowers that have the new deck lift that seems to be electric or hydraulic.

tb8100
02-29-2008, 12:13 AM
I just seen this on their website. Their commercial mowers have a manual dial on the right hand side. A new feature is that you can lock it into transport without changing the deck height. Before you would have to crank it all the way up. It is only on their new semi-commercial mowers that have the new deck lift that seems to be electric or hydraulic.

oh ok.

nice moniker. straight and to the point. I like that. :drinkup:

dgZtrak737
02-29-2008, 12:38 AM
The new Estate Series Z520A is the only on that has this option in the estate series. Your right, one button for the emergency kill switch for the pto. The other one is an electric lift that when pushed, rasies the deck and allows you to change cutting heights with the dial or switch in to transport. The button replaces the foot pedal on the previous 700 series.
This option is also avaliable on some of the new Z800 series commercial mowers too. I am looking at the new Z840A my only holdback is its not a diesel.