PDA

View Full Version : Who ever said its to early to send your post cards is crazy!!

bigw
02-28-2008, 11:48 PM
My phone has been balls to the walls since i sent my cards out last saturday, most cards were deliverd monday and tuesday of this week and this is no lie i have closed 19 accounts as of today.
I landed only 1 weekly and 1 mulch job today but the weekly was a $60.00 account oh and did i mention the lawn is 14,000 sq feet. The mulch job is a total of 220 sq ft which i landed for 175.00 installed. I know its not much to brag about but i think im doing pretty dam good myself,i know im doing alot better then some people on here every thought i would and their is still snow in my back yard so it could get even better!! ....Thanks to all the people that had faith in me and that gave me alot of good advice!!

customcurbdesigns
02-28-2008, 11:51 PM
Where did you get the post cards and what did it cost you by the time they were printed and delivered?

customcurbdesigns
02-28-2008, 11:52 PM
Bigw, you have any pics of your setup? I saw some of your old posts but what did you end up with equipment wise? Any pics?

bigw
02-28-2008, 11:53 PM
Bigw, you have any pics of your setup? I saw some of your old posts but what did you end up with equipment wise? Any pics?

I have pics but once you put them on here they wont let you post them again for some dumb reason

tamadrummer
02-28-2008, 11:54 PM
Shoot man, I am out everyday hanging a couple hundred door hanger and I couldn't buy an account right now. In fact I don't think I could pay someone to let me cut their grass.

I am getting totally discouraged. I have gotten 2 calls. Neither of which has done anything. Today the caller hung up on me because I asked for their address to give them an estimate. :dizzy:

You are rocking the world man!

I cannot wait for this dang cold weather to go away and all these fair weather mowers to disappear! Bring on the 90's and 100's and some stinking humidity!

customcurbdesigns
02-28-2008, 11:56 PM
I have pics but once you put them on here they wont let you post them again for some dumb reason

oh..do you have any links to the threads?

How much were the postcards for the printing and shipping? How many did you do and what was the total cost?

bigw
02-28-2008, 11:56 PM
Where did you get the post cards and what did it cost you by the time they were printed and delivered?

I designed my own cards and got them printed at http://printsmadeeasy.com i believe for 10,000 it was something like $3,700 for cards/address's/ and postage and labels. I already easily made that money back.

bigw
02-29-2008, 12:01 AM
Shoot man, I am out everyday hanging a couple hundred door hanger and I couldn't buy an account right now. In fact I don't think I could pay someone to let me cut their grass.

I am getting totally discouraged. I have gotten 2 calls. Neither of which has done anything. Today the caller hung up on me because I asked for their address to give them an estimate. :dizzy:

You are rocking the world man!

I cannot wait for this dang cold weather to go away and all these fair weather mowers to disappear! Bring on the 90's and 100's and some stinking humidity!

Hey dont get discouraged,i havent had any luck with my flyers either,in fact i put out like 1000 of them and got 2 calls so flyers suck if you ask me, way too much work for not a whole lot of response. I have found the local paper and my post cards to be the best. I run an add in the paper for 80$ a month and sent out my cards and so far soooooo good. Keep on but change your tactics!!

tamadrummer
02-29-2008, 12:10 AM
I did post cards, very selective mailing though. Not mass mailing. I got one call and no close.

I ran a 1/2 page ad for 3 months and not 1 call. $75/month

I guess it is just a bad time of the year.

I will use up the rest of my door hangers and hope that I get some kind of response for the season. I know it will happen it is just really disheartening to do this amount of work and just kind of sit and look at the wall....

bigw
02-29-2008, 12:18 AM
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=210760

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=211969

flattoplawncare
02-29-2008, 12:46 AM

Hey Big, Congrats that is awesome i hope for the same results. About the pics just rename them and upload them again.

Wells
03-01-2008, 12:49 PM
Hey dont get discouraged,i havent had any luck with my flyers either,in fact i put out like 1000 of them and got 2 calls so flyers suck if you ask me, way too much work for not a whole lot of response. Keep on but change your tactics!!

10,000 postcards with 19 callers = 0.19% return rate.
1,000 door hangers with 2 callers = 0.20% return rate.

Looks like the flyers did slighly better then the postcards.
Flyers require alot of leg work to distribute but generally don't cost much to produce where 10,000 postcards could cost $3,000 or more in postage. Both types are proven marketing methods and they both work very well but they both takes some sort of toll, either on your body or in your wallet.