PDA

View Full Version : opinions needed

Greenery
02-29-2008, 01:16 PM
Hi all, Well i've been managing a larger full service lco now for 5 years and this year i'm going on my own part time and transitioning into full time next year well thats the plan anyway. I plan on offering weekly mowing, core aeration, overseeding, shrub pruning, spring/fall cleanups, mulch renewal and when I go fulltime I will add fert/weed control. I allready have 90 percent of the equipment i'll need. The only thing i'm having trouble with so far is selecting a name. I've got a small list here and I would appreciate some input on what you guys like/dislike and why. Also any suggestions are appreciated. Greenway Turfcare, American lawns, Simply Green Lawncare, Lakeview Lawncare, Scenic Acres Lawncare, United Lawncare

WALKER LANDSCAPE
02-29-2008, 01:21 PM
First go back and edit some commas (,) in there. I vote for Greenway.

Greenery
02-29-2008, 01:28 PM
lol whats wrong with my commas. I think I like greenway turfcare also the only thing holding me back on using that one is there is a greenway lawncare a couple of towns away.

S L C
02-29-2008, 01:29 PM
American Lawns & Simply Green Lawncare would be the two that I would pick from... just my opinion!! :weightlifter:

MarcSmith
02-29-2008, 01:45 PM
Word of caution......be very careful since you a re currently working for an LCO and now you will doing it part time, assuming you will keep your full time LCO Job, make sure you don't "pilfer" customers, or appear to be doing any thing "shady". Resist the urge to borrow client lists, and other company data.

Does your current employer know of your plans? How will your employer feel when they find out that you are moonlighting on the side? These are things that you need to think about. The issues will arise, and you need ot be ready to handle them.

I know that when i found out that one of my crew leaders was running on the side, and competing directly with me....I was pissed. I was even more pissed when I found out that some of the jobs had been done on my time using my equipment and my people.

Greenway Landscape Services...

Greenery
02-29-2008, 02:01 PM
Word of caution......be very careful since you a re currently working for an LCO and now you will doing it part time, assuming you will keep your full time LCO Job, make sure you don't "pilfer" customers, or appear to be doing any thing "shady". Resist the urge to borrow client lists, and other company data.

Does your current employer know of your plans? How will your employer feel when they find out that you are moonlighting on the side? These are things that you need to think about. The issues will arise, and you need ot be ready to handle them.

I know that when i found out that one of my crew leaders was running on the side, and competing directly with me....I was pissed. I was even more pissed when I found out that some of the jobs had been done on my time using my equipment and my people.

Greenway Landscape Services...
Yes I have thought about these things and I consider myself to be a pretty honest guy. I will only be servicing areas that he does not cover which happen to be all the areas surrounding where I live and as i've allready stated I already own 90 percent of the equipment I need I don't have any plans on using his equipment whatsoever and definitely not on his time or with his people. Thanks for the words of caution though.

GSPHUNTER
02-29-2008, 02:27 PM
My DBA name is Simply Green, so that sounds good to me.

MarcSmith
02-29-2008, 03:20 PM
I did not mean to infer that you were not honest....but when your boss find out about the side work, he may think otherwise, even though you have done nothing improper.

Greenery
03-02-2008, 12:15 PM
I know you guys have some more input on a name lets hear it. Don't be shy

kleankutslawn
03-02-2008, 12:29 PM
have you checked yet to make sure all of those names are available?

Greenery
03-02-2008, 12:35 PM
have you checked yet to make sure all of those names are available?

yes they are all available.

mike33087
03-02-2008, 12:49 PM
you should really give your current boss a heads up in your intentions.... it will save the aggravation when he finds out on his own and gets pissed...