PDA

View Full Version : Strapping down a Quick in a trailer

DA Quality Lawn & YS
02-29-2008, 12:40 PM
Been looking at the Fastraps (been reading that thread, thanks guys) to secure my yet-to-be-purchased Quick 36 to my open 5x8 trailer. Are the Fastraps a good option for a Quick and if so, how do you guys strap it down? Do you simply strap the back wheels and leave the fronts unstrapped? Seems like the front end might have a tendency to pop up then if you hit a bump with the trailer. For those that have Quicks, how do you secure to your open trailers?

fastcat
02-29-2008, 12:42 PM
there good for anything with tires

BUCKEYE MOWING
02-29-2008, 01:00 PM
Been looking at the Fastraps (been reading that thread, thanks guys) to secure my yet-to-be-purchased Quick 36 to my open 5x8 trailer. Are the Fastraps a good option for a Quick and if so, how do you guys strap it down? Do you simply strap the back wheels and leave the fronts unstrapped? Seems like the front end might have a tendency to pop up then if you hit a bump with the trailer. For those that have Quicks, how do you secure to your open trailers?

We use fastraps and the front end never goes anywhere....You can use straps that ratchet tight at four opposing points on the mower , but that takes a lot of TIME....IMHO

touhey33
02-29-2008, 02:15 PM
I just run a 2" strap across the front deck area on all my mowers.

Albery's Lawn & Tractor
02-29-2008, 02:34 PM
I actually just use one set per mower even though they recommend 2 and have never had a problem. Usually during the day I don't even strap them as the whell chucks keep them from moving (I only do this if I'm working in just one neighborhood, no highway driving).

corey4671
02-29-2008, 03:04 PM
I only have one fastrap on my 36" Everride. IT's not going anywhere. One fastrap would be more than enough for a Q36. If the front end jumps up, big deal. It's not going anywhere.

shade tree landscaping
02-29-2008, 05:47 PM
I use a ratchet strap and just wrap it around each of the front forks, and then ratchet it to the side of the trailer. Havent had it move once on me

Grits
02-29-2008, 06:42 PM
Fastraps on the rear tires. I have 2 set up for my mower, but when going from yard to yard I usually just use one. Your mower won't go anywhere.