PDA

View Full Version : Versa Dump Trailers

nosparkplugs
02-29-2008, 02:22 PM
I am seriously looking for a way to sell off 2 Landscape trailers, cut labor costs, while still maintaining growth. while I have been looking for a gooseneck 16k scissor dump, 8x8x20, that would require me to leave the tractor or mowers behind to go dump then return later to pickup equipment. Like in the picture forum I posted some pictures of our new Walker MT20 & my Solo leaf clean-ups, while the Pallet system of removing the leafs or grass clippings is easy, I have been researching these types of Versa Dump trailers before I purchased a Walker, and the prices are coming down I see.

http://www.midsotamfg.com/dump_trailers2.asp?dump_trl_cat=10

kklick
02-29-2008, 08:44 PM
here is another company you may want to look into. They have a rear dump I really like.

http://www.capstonecommerce.com/servlet/StoreFront

nosparkplugs
02-29-2008, 08:52 PM
Thanks KKlick my search continues

kklick
02-29-2008, 08:54 PM
no problem. I was all set to buy a 14 or 16 foot dump and then ran across those. Now I'm still trying to decide what to do.

Laner
03-01-2008, 06:30 PM
I like these multi-purpose trailers, but already have a 22 ft HD trailer that I would like to put a dump box on the front of (similar to the Midsota trailer). I would like this box to be removeable as well. Main purpose for the box would be for Spring and Fall clean-ups. I use tractors w/ bagger in spring and Fall, so I need to be able to load the equipment from the back of the trailer as it would be too long to fit sideways. Anyone have any suggestions on how to build the dump box portion?

kklick
03-02-2008, 12:24 AM
buy a pickup insert and mount it sideways on the front of the trailer.

njones
03-02-2008, 11:40 AM
i had midsota build me one last spring look under post for 2-09-08 dump utility combo image posed it for me

nosparkplugs
03-02-2008, 12:52 PM
Most inserts are run with a Winch & cable cheap

SpruceLandscape
03-02-2008, 05:12 PM
Most inserts are run with a Winch & cable cheap

Most inserts are run with an electric over hydraulic scissor hoist. Only a couple of REALLY cheap inserts out there are made with a winch and cable. Any one of the name brand dump inserts would be perfectly suitable, whether it be avalance, ez dumper, truckcraft, or downeaster.

meets1
03-02-2008, 06:53 PM
Get the midsota trailer. Great trailer, heavy enough for most applications and very versitale. I am getting another this spring. I have one 5th wheel trailer that we mounted a dump on side ways and that works good but it is 32 ft long and sometime hard in small places.

nosparkplugs
03-02-2008, 07:44 PM
meets1
How did the fabrication go, cost for scissor lift & cylinder pump etc? the one you mounted on the 5th wheel

meets1
03-02-2008, 08:20 PM
What I did was I went to a salvage yard that deals with junk from buses to semi's. They always have many dozen's on hand and what we did was purchase this dump which was off a 4500 truck that was totaled. Dump was fine - we just added a few extra lights. The lift, hydrolic tank, everything came with it so we mounted on the front of the 5th wheel trailer, a litte fab work, but not much, also mounted dump to the side - drivers side, installed handheld switch that is mounted just under the channel iron of the 5th wheel so we could just place out hand there and go up or down. I have sides on it to increase payload but 90% of time it is full of grass. I installed a "jackstand" of sorts on the side of trailer cuz when dumping that is alot of weight coming off the side of trailer. So to unload mowers, I have two 5ft ramps, we back up the trailer, unload and drive off. I use toro Z's with DFS bagger so little time to dump. The entire system runs off a battery that is mounted under the dump carriage. I replaced the batter 4 years ago and have never touched it since - I do unhook the battery during the winter but that is it. If i have time and if you want maybe I can get a pic or two in the next of so for ya.

Eclipse
03-02-2008, 09:28 PM
Here is another option for a combo trailer.

http://www.felling.com/trailers/hydraulicdump/sidedump/index.asp

If anyone has any pricing on any of these combo trailers please post it. I am curious as to how much they sell for. Thanks.

meets1
03-02-2008, 09:42 PM
The felling trailer company is the same company that makes the midsota trailer. There located in sauk centre, mn. There dealers are all within 4 hours of each other. I went there directly for the 1st. I drove and still saved alot of money vs going to a dealer who was located in Des Moines. Either way was a 4 hour drive. Felling trailer makes trailers as needed or as there sold. Lead time as of last week friday was 4-6 weeks.

Eclipse
03-02-2008, 09:49 PM
meets1,
Could you give me a rough idea of the cost of these trailer?

Thank you.

meets1
03-02-2008, 10:04 PM
I have the quote here for this years trailer. I priced one which was a an 20ft flat deck with 5ft dump box, GVWR 16K GAWR 41K, 5ft spring assist ramps, 12k jack, black in color $7,920. Also priced a 22ft flat deck, same as above for $8,370.

I added the 5ft ramps. Std is 4ft and assist. Interstate battery, scissor hoist, led leighting, breakaway kit, 7pin connector, white oak flooring, 7 gauge steel on dump,, 2x5tub steel, 4 d-rings, 2 5/16 ball.

Hope that helps.

njones
03-02-2008, 11:35 PM
the felling is made in sauk center the midsota is made in avon

meets1
03-03-2008, 09:34 AM
That is true - but look where they are located. Very close. I went and looked last year b/f the first trailer and they are same. In fact, the guy had us go to both places b/c of two different trailer set-ups. So there is a connection b/t the two some where.