PDA

View Full Version : everride bagger....should i sell my kubota

grass disaster
02-29-2008, 03:28 PM
i just bought a warrior and i'm wondering how the bagger works.

it says it doesn't work off of the deck pulley. is there some kind of added pulley off the motor? my kubota has a electric clutch that works of the back of the motor.

i'm trying to decide weather i should keep my kubota zd18(with bagger) and just have one machine or if i should have 2 machines.

a new bagger is $2100 and it would probably take me 2 or even 3 seasons to pay itself off. i really don't use it much but it's nice to have for dethatching and leaf clean-up.

grass disaster
02-29-2008, 06:09 PM
really ? really ?

gene gls
02-29-2008, 09:15 PM
I have always found that its best to have 2 items of each piece of equipment. If something should go bang on one, you still have another to keep moving. Dealers talk loaners in a big way but they seldom have one if you should need it.

grass disaster
03-01-2008, 06:39 AM
my dad has a zero turn dixe chopper 60" that i could use.
he also has a older 318 john deere that is not the best cutter bit it would work.

i think it's almost better to not have so many machines laying around. i only have so much time and it's hard to keep so many machines and motors maintained, the way they should be anyway.

gene gls
03-01-2008, 08:51 PM
my dad has a zero turn dixe chopper 60" that i could use.
he also has a older 318 john deere that is not the best cutter bit it would work.

i think it's almost better to not have so many machines laying around. i only have so much time and it's hard to keep so many machines and motors maintained, the way they should be anyway.

Worst part of having extra equipment is the space it takes up just setting there. I got rid of a bunch of stuff last winter but still have more that I don't use.

grass disaster
03-03-2008, 03:51 PM
anyone know anything about the everride bagger? i had an offer of $5000 for my kubota.

i really want to know if the bagger for the everride is any good before i sell the kubota.

Lawdog302
03-03-2008, 05:48 PM
It has a belt that runs off of the crank to a gearbox that mounts on the back of the machine. That gearbox has another belt that runs to the blower. I've heard good things about it, but have never ran one. So the answer to your question is no, it does not run off of a deck pulley

grass disaster
03-03-2008, 06:46 PM
It has a belt that runs off of the crank to a gearbox that mounts on the back of the machine. That gearbox has another belt that runs to the blower. I've heard good things about it, but have never ran one. So the answer to your question is no, it does not run off of a deck pulley

a picture would be great!

i'd like to hear from someone who actually owns a the bagger.

mowerbrad
03-03-2008, 07:02 PM
I have always found that its best to have 2 items of each piece of equipment. If something should go bang on one, you still have another to keep moving. Dealers talk loaners in a big way but they seldom have one if you should need it.

The dealer I bought my Bob-Cat from told me that should my mower break down he will always have a mower for me to pick up. Well...that lasted about 1 time then he told me that if I need a mower again I would have to pay $50 per day and I could only have it on weekends. Had I had two mowers at the time I wouldn't have had that problem. Not all dealers are like that though, that one is just a big pain in the a**.

grass disaster
03-03-2008, 08:17 PM
The dealer I bought my Bob-Cat from told me that should my mower break down he will always have a mower for me to pick up. Well...that lasted about 1 time then he told me that if I need a mower again I would have to pay $50 per day and I could only have it on weekends. Had I had two mowers at the time I wouldn't have had that problem. Not all dealers are like that though, that one is just a big pain in the a**.

i'm not worried about a back up mower i already have access to that.

gene gls
03-03-2008, 08:44 PM
anyone know anything about the everride bagger? i had an offer of $5000 for my kubota.

i really want to know if the bagger for the everride is any good before i sell the kubota.

The EverRide vac units are good. My dealer has sold a few. They are easy to put on and off the mower. The part I don't like is they only make the bag style. About 90% of my properties have on site dumping. My Hustler has a dump from the seat vac unit. I just couldn't see buying the EverRide vac unit and having to waste time getting off the mower to empty the vac bags.

grass disaster
03-03-2008, 08:50 PM
The EverRide vac units are good. My dealer has sold a few. They are easy to put on and off the mower. The part I don't like is they only make the bag style. About 90% of my properties have on site dumping. My Hustler has a dump from the seat vac unit. I just couldn't see buying the EverRide vac unit and having to waste time getting off the mower to empty the vac bags.

90% of my properties don't have a dump site. so the bag system works good for me.

i dump the bags in the back of the truck. then i just pull them out with a tarp in the bed once i'm at the dump.

grass disaster
03-03-2008, 09:31 PM
does anyone personally own one of these baggers?

would be nice to hear from someone that has used this attachment

corey4671
03-03-2008, 10:21 PM
for what that bagger wil cost you, you can get a cyclone rake xl with free shipping and it'll double as a small truck loader with a lot more capacity. I've heard good and bad about it. there was a discussion here at one time about whether or not the unit was built by preco. I'll see if I can find it.

grass disaster
03-03-2008, 10:35 PM
for what that bagger wil cost you, you can get a cyclone rake xl with free shipping and it'll double as a small truck loader with a lot more capacity. I've heard good and bad about it. there was a discussion here at one time about whether or not the unit was built by preco. I'll see if I can find it.

not sure how i would load it in the back of my pick up. i don't want to dump on the ground and then blow it in.

i like the 3 bags. i back up to my truck grab a bag and dump it. it probably takes me 30sec to dump all 3 bags.

Lawdog302
03-04-2008, 09:18 AM
http://www.everride.com/media/manuals05/182193-M-030004.pdf

Here is the link to the online manual for the Warrior bagger. Found it on Everrides website.

grass disaster
03-04-2008, 11:46 AM
do i have to have a rops?

it looks like the controler mounts to the rops can it be mounted some where else? i don't have a rops.

it looks like there are lots of parts for this system

corey4671
03-04-2008, 12:08 PM
not sure how i would load it in the back of my pick up. i don't want to dump on the ground and then blow it in.

i like the 3 bags. i back up to my truck grab a bag and dump it. it probably takes me 30sec to dump all 3 bags.

wouldn't have to dump it out. Flap on top of the unit. Buy the unloader accessory. Suck it straight out of the bag and into the truck

Lawdog302
03-04-2008, 04:15 PM
You don't have to have the rops. The control mount for the blower is all part of the kit.

grass disaster
03-04-2008, 05:51 PM
dealer wants $2100 + freight...... man that's a chunk of change!

SchultzLawnCare
03-04-2008, 06:14 PM
a picture would be great!

i'd like to hear from someone who actually owns a the bagger.

I own the bagger but havent had the chance to use it yet. I purchased it this winter, hopefullly in 4 weeks ill start spring clean ups. I can get you a picture probably tomarrow. I put everything on my self and it was a bit%*.

SchultzLawnCare
03-04-2008, 06:17 PM
wouldn't have to dump it out. Flap on top of the unit. Buy the unloader accessory. Suck it straight out of the bag and into the truck

Im lost..... what do you mean by the unloader accessory?

grass disaster
03-04-2008, 06:31 PM
I own the bagger but havent had the chance to use it yet. I purchased it this winter, hopefullly in 4 weeks ill start spring clean ups. I can get you a picture probably tomarrow. I put everything on my self and it was a bit%*.

that would be awesome!!!!!! if you could get me some pictures.

so when you take it off for the summer does everything have to come off? like the clutch and all that gear box stuff?

how long did it take you to put it on?

gene gls
03-04-2008, 08:22 PM
dealer wants $2100 + freight...... man that's a chunk of change!

Hustler Bac-Vac is $ 2400.00.........

grass disaster
03-05-2008, 07:25 PM
pictures of everride warrior bagger

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=219122

lawns Etc
03-05-2008, 07:34 PM
I had a Warrior bagger and it was the worst bagger I have ever used and I have used alot of them it is motor driven as a vacume and sucks the grass from about 3 ft from the deck into the rear impellor All that I can say is that it is a good thing that it removes easily as it is constantly clogged even if the grass is pretty dry I took mine back multiple times and the dealer even replaced the entire unit and that was no better it doesnt compare to other bagging systems that I have used,deere,bobcat and exmark The design of the deck gets rid of the grass too fast and too long in my opinion. I have alot of experience on the warriors (over 2000 hrs on 2 ) and that is my hands on opinion I have since sold mine as the factory shut down and my relationship with my dealer went sour because of it.

grass disaster
03-05-2008, 07:40 PM
I had a Warrior bagger and it was the worst bagger I have ever used and I have used alot of them it is motor driven as a vacume and sucks the grass from about 3 ft from the deck into the rear impellor All that I can say is that it is a good thing that it removes easily as it is constantly clogged even if the grass is pretty dry I took mine back multiple times and the dealer even replaced the entire unit and that was no better it doesnt compare to other bagging systems that I have used,deere,bobcat and exmark The design of the deck gets rid of the grass too fast and too long in my opinion. I have alot of experience on the warriors (over 2000 hrs on 2 ) and that is my hands on opinion I have since sold mine as the factory shut down and my relationship with my dealer went sour because of it.

how does it work on leaves?

lawns Etc
03-05-2008, 09:20 PM
the same as grass there can not be any moisture at all or it clogs

gene gls
03-05-2008, 11:05 PM

I know of three guys that have the vac units and have not heard of any problems. Guess I should start asking them.

grass disaster
03-12-2008, 05:37 PM
i was told they sell 2 models

1 is for machines with rops and the other is for units without the rops.

i think all that is different is a mounting plate for the switch.

my dealer wants $2200 plus tax. i asked him if he will put it together for free he said "i think so" ...so that means that i'm going to need that in writing :)

i will still have to attach it to my machine i'm sure.

Lawdog302
03-12-2008, 05:52 PM
I would think that one kit will have everything to go either way.

grass disaster
03-12-2008, 06:05 PM
I would think that one kit will have everything to go either way.

i would think so myself. it's probably a unisex

gene gls
03-12-2008, 08:52 PM
i was told they sell 2 models

1 is for machines with rops and the other is for units without the rops.

i think all that is different is a mounting plate for the switch.

my dealer wants $2200 plus tax. i asked him if he will put it together for free he said "i think so" ...so that means that i'm going to need that in writing :)

i will still have to attach it to my machine i'm sure.

If you buy the unit from your dealer, he should put it togeather and mount it on your mower as part of his service. Sure, there should be a labor charge but he should include it in the price of the vac unit. My dealer said that its about 5 hour job for the unskilled worker and about 2-3 hour for them.

Lawdog302
03-13-2008, 09:18 AM
If you bought Mower unit from this dealer then maybe they would put the bagger on it for little or no labor. But if you didn't, I wouldn't expect them to. Better get all of that worked out on paper before you pull the trigger.