PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know what a Green Card looks like?

echeandia
02-29-2008, 06:31 PM
I am looking to hire someone this year. There is a large community of migrant workers in the area and many of them are here illegally. So I am going to approach them asking them who is here legally. I know that some may have counterfeit papers. So the question is what do legal papers look like? How can I verify that they are legit? Any help is appreciated.

Happy Frog
02-29-2008, 08:25 PM
Green cards are kind of pinkish color on the front.
They are almost impossible to counterfeit properly and most of the back has a brown colored metallic surface with holographic features. By looking closely, you should see two small lines made of holograms representing the states flags and president portraits.

Landrus2
02-29-2008, 08:37 PM
I am looking to hire someone this year. There is a large community of migrant workers in the area and many of them are here illegally. So I am going to approach them asking them who is here legally. I know that some may have counterfeit papers. So the question is what do legal papers look like? How can I verify that they are legit? Any help is appreciated.

If he has a green card and ss# donít worried if they are legit. as long he his paying his taxes so let the government fix that problem.:waving:

echeandia
02-29-2008, 09:15 PM
Is there a way to validate the number you get from them?

cgaengineer
02-29-2008, 11:50 PM
Actually I think now you can look up SSN online to see if a person matches SSN. I will get link and post.

SILVERSTREAK INC
03-01-2008, 12:23 AM
dont know if theres really any way to be sure, ask to see more than one picture id, most have a drivers license from mexico or wherever theyre from too

at the boarder you can buy fake green cards, with pictures that look a lot like the person....with legit names....like juan alvarez haha

bohiaa
03-01-2008, 09:53 AM
dont know if theres really any way to be sure, ask to see more than one picture id, most have a drivers license from mexico or wherever theyre from too

at the boarder you can buy fake green cards, with pictures that look a lot like the person....with legit names....like juan alvarez haha

a dl doesnt mean anything,

all's you can do is get the number, ss# green card, and turn it in at the end of the year, then it's up to the government to deal with it,,

Good luck

Landrus2
03-06-2008, 10:20 AM
Actually I think now you can look up SSN online to see if a person matches SSN. I will get link and post.

have you found that link.:waving:

GreenN'Clean
03-06-2008, 03:48 PM
They just caught some illegals who were making and distributing fake ss cards and drivers licenses. They were stealing peoples ss numbers and license numbers from a motel they worked at illegally...

ed2hess
03-06-2008, 06:02 PM
Green cards are kind of pinkish color on the front.
They are almost impossible to counterfeit properly and most of the back has a brown colored metallic surface with holographic features. By looking closely, you should see two small lines made of holograms representing the states flags and president portraits.

Who gets green cards? For example, can an illegal who marries a US resident get a green card?

Landrus2
03-06-2008, 06:29 PM
Who gets green cards? For example, can an illegal who marries a US resident get a green card?

And American in five years that is correct.:waving:

paul vroom
03-06-2008, 07:04 PM
I am pretty good with photo shop so let me know if anyone out there needs one. Maybe we can work something out.....:canadaflag:

Landrus2
03-06-2008, 07:16 PM
I am pretty good with photo shop so let me know if anyone out there needs one. Maybe we can work something out.....:canadaflag:

Did you go on vacation?:waving: