PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone, Yep Im startn one too.

htttrh
02-29-2008, 08:54 PM
Like to say hello to everybody, I have been reading this site for weeks and weeks and have found tons of great info!

I am startin a small lawncare biz Im also a full time Firefighter (Big surprise...lawncare and firefighting)

My wife is a R.N. and I want her to cut back at work(she wants a baby) so I want to compensate with Lawncare. I have done it off and on, on a very small scale but would like about 20 properties or so now. I have two Stihl Br420 blowers, 2 Shindaiwa T260's, Aerator, Hustler Mini Z 52 inch and my trailer and my diesel F250....(Bonus: I have access to one of the best lawn care gear mecahnics in the area who wont charge me)

(Trying to kill all the birds with 1 stone...my hello's, equpiment, intentions etc)

Anyway advertising in the paper soon got my door flyers ordered and just really hope I can get some work. Im also really doing it becasue I love most the aspects of lawncare. I love watching the results of properly cared for, maintained and treated lawns. May sound stupid but thats me. Thanks for all the help here at this site.

Please feel free to still drop me ideas. I really want to do good.

I have great work ethic and dont work a million miles per hour, I take my time and do things right and I hope with that I can get work from word of mouth too. Guess Im fishing for even more guidance though so hope to hear form you all soon.

Thanks - Steve

kleankutslawn
02-29-2008, 10:08 PM
good luck.really wish you the best

task125
03-01-2008, 07:06 AM
Good luck Steve,
yes,there will be a lot of haters out there,but i look at it this way there are people out there that do your job for Free.
Everyone can't be or want to be a wallmart,I am just a mom and pop store.and happy. not over stressed.
I want to stay a solo company and one day have my boys lend a hand and teach them a work ethic.4 and 6 now
I treat all my lawns like my own,if I need to go back and fix something i do,not just blow it off till next time.
I don't low ball I offer better service at the same price.
again good luck.

htttrh
03-02-2008, 01:05 PM
Thanks alot!

DA Quality Lawn & YS
03-02-2008, 08:08 PM
Best of luck htttrh! Just remember, do what you do best, put the blinders on, and work hard at making your customers happy. Soon you will have more requests for work than you know what to do with.

CrimsonLawnCare
03-03-2008, 10:08 AM
Hello, My company just started off last year, it was just two of us doing this one a part time thing, we both had other jobs to do, we passed out flyers here and there probally about 500 i would say. By the end of the year we had up to 40 accounts, so all i got to say is dont worry about not getting work, worry about getting to much work lol , within the first month i bet you will have about 10 or so clients :cool2: So good luck to you!